• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

He's always sneaky with the way he words things, "It might not be a new disc at all", maybe it's something we've already seen.

Steve Dodge really was the original when it came to wait, I have news to tell you in a little bit. It seems since last October everyone else in the world wants to copy him, just sayin'. Hats off to you Mr. Dodge, I am eagerly anticipating, "it may not be a new disc at all."

photo.php

I am so ready for the next Vibram disc that I keep checking the PDGA website almost daily to see if Vibram's name pops up in the PDGA approved discs....yep, I'm addicted....to testers first! Please soon!

I am so ready for the next Vibram disc that I keep checking the PDGA website almost daily to see if Vibram's name pops up in the PDGA approved discs....yep, I'm addicted....to testers first! Please soon!

I saw on facebook that they plan on sending the tester discs out this coming week. If Mr. Dodge will let us, I will post video and a review on here of what these fly like for someone with 450'+ (pushing 500 on strong pulls) of power. Also will get input from people with lesser arms on their opinion of these discs.

Played a round with just the Ibex and the Summit today. Great discs.

I saw on facebook that they plan on sending the tester discs out this coming week. If Mr. Dodge will let us, I will post video and a review on here of what these fly like for someone with 450'+ (pushing 500 on strong pulls) of power. Also will get input from people with lesser arms on their opinion of these discs.

Oh legendary! You're the man. Really looking forward to reading your post and hopefully watching a cool vid of the new rubber!

This is certainly good news, but as we have already discussed, lets not be expecting a brand new disc. I am quite curious to hear what actually comes in the mail to the testers so please be sure to give us the update when the package comes. I am still hoping for Fusion discs personally as I would love a soft/medium combo putter.

To fellow Testers and Mr. Dodge

To other Testers....

I was wondering if we (the testers) are supposed to tell everyone what they sent us...I just don't know how much information we are supposed to give out.

If any of the tester, or even Mr. Dodge, could get back to me on this it would be nice. I'm assuming we can give out some information, but I don't think Vibram Disc Golf wants all their secrets to come out...

And i'm about to crawl out of my skin awaiting whats supposed to come in. I have a feeling that it will be a disc because in August is the Vibram Open, and they usually have a New disc to show off with limit editions of this disc, but thats just my opinion

To other Testers....

I was wondering if we (the testers) are supposed to tell everyone what they sent us...I just don't know how much information we are supposed to give out.

If any of the tester, or even Mr. Dodge, could get back to me on this it would be nice. I'm assuming we can give out some information, but I don't think Vibram Disc Golf wants all their secrets to come out...

And i'm about to crawl out of my skin awaiting whats supposed to come in. I have a feeling that it will be a disc because in August is the Vibram Open, and they usually have a New disc to show off with limit editions of this disc, but thats just my opinion

I am wondering about this, too! Would they allow us to post comparison pictures/videos of it alongside competitive discs, or would they prefer we just keep that type of info on the DL?

To other Testers....

My opinion would be to keep your review confidential to yourself and Steve. He wants your review of the new product. If we all share our opinions, that would allow for someone that is too lazy to actually go out and throw the disc/wear the shoe/try the bag to just plagarize their review from someone to stay on the team. It would also negate any of these "brand new - unthrown" tester discs from ever making it to fleabay or the marketplace.

Rod....

My opinion would be to keep your review confidential to yourself and Steve. He wants your review of the new product. If we all share our opinions, that would allow for someone that is too lazy to actually go out and throw the disc/wear the shoe/try the bag to just plagarize their review from someone to stay on the team. It would also negate any of these "brand new - unthrown" tester discs from ever making it to fleabay or the marketplace.

Rod....

Thanks, thats what I was thinking. I didn't want to say anything that would effect Vibram in a negative way. I will enjoy testing them, and the last thing I want to do is allow someone to give a cheap review and stay on the tester team and then they sell all the proto disc for $$$.

This is disc golf people; Its a sport you are supposed to relax and enjoy with good company, don't abuse the sport.

After I have finished testing all my disc they send me, they will have a place in my glass display case I am currently working on, along side my first run ascent and bumble boot trak. I'm currently in the process of collecting some sweet vibrams, which will never be re-sold, I love my rubber disc.

All the good things come to those who wait. Vibram is working on filling out the entirety of their lineup. It is basically a grid with four levels and four columns. The levels go from Putter to Mid-Range to Fairway Driver to Distance Driver. The columns go from Massively Overstable to Overstable to Stable to Understable. Here is what we have so far:

MODD
ODD
SDD - Lace
UDD

MOFWY
OFWY - Ascent
SFWY - Trak
UFWY

MOMR
OMR - Obex
SMR - Ibex
UMR

MOP - VP
OP - Ridge
SP - Sole
UP - Summit

If and when the MOFWY comes out I'll be in line to snag one! I've become a huge fan of the ascent, it's my go to disc when I start to get out of rhythm, and of course I have days where I just love to throw it!

If and when the MOFWY comes out I'll be in line to snag one! I've become a huge fan of the ascent, it's my go to disc when I start to get out of rhythm, and of course I have days where I just love to throw it!

Mines the Trak. Literally point and shot for me. I love it. I have different weights because my 158 trak does not come back, perfect for the hole you need to go right and stay right. I'm RHBH

Love the Ascent to but I've only throw my 160 gram one, Just got my 171 gram in one today in the mail. My 160 flips on me sometimes, then again i'm throwing it a little hard.

Rod....

Just to play devil's advocate here, I think part of the reason for having such a large tester team - and having forum members be on said team - is word of mouth publicity. Send out a few discs, let the forum speculation and excitement build without having to spend extra advertising dollars. Vibram may not want you sharing the name or something like that, but I think it would be silly to want you to not share what it flies like. That's half the goal of the tester team, I would think.

Just to play devil's advocate here, I think part of the reason for having such a large tester team - and having forum members be on said team - is word of mouth publicity. Send out a few discs, let the forum speculation and excitement build without having to spend extra advertising dollars. Vibram may not want you sharing the name or something like that, but I think it would be silly to want you to not share what it flies like. That's half the goal of the tester team, I would think.

This.

It is free publicity... And free publicity coming from people who already love Vibram. Combine that with the fact that they do so much QC before the disc even gets to testers and all you will get from testers talking is a very positive buzz.

Share pictures, experiences, general feelings about the disc, etc.

Mines the Trak. Literally point and shot for me. I love it. I have different weights because my 158 trak does not come back, perfect for the hole you need to go right and stay right. I'm RHBH

Love the Ascent to but I've only throw my 160 gram one, Just got my 171 gram in one today in the mail. My 160 flips on me sometimes, then again i'm throwing it a little hard.

I need to get a few different ascent's in varied weights. I have 2 at 168, I'd like to get one in the 170-172, and another in the low 160's. I think it would help open me up for a few different shots.

The trak (168g) is a solid disc, but it flips on me to easy as the low weight ascent does for you.

I need to get a few different ascent's in varied weights. I have 2 at 168, I'd like to get one in the 170-172, and another in the low 160's. I think it would help open me up for a few different shots.

The trak (168g) is a solid disc, but it flips on me to easy as the low weight ascent does for you.

oh yeah, I have a 158 trak, this thing is flip city ha but in a good way