• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Just to play devil's advocate here, I think part of the reason for having such a large tester team - and having forum members be on said team - is word of mouth publicity. Send out a few discs, let the forum speculation and excitement build without having to spend extra advertising dollars. Vibram may not want you sharing the name or something like that, but I think it would be silly to want you to not share what it flies like. That's half the goal of the tester team, I would think.

True, good point as well. I just didn't want to step on any toes.

I hope I get whatever is being sent out before the weekend! If I do get em before Saturday, they will be available to test at the Vibram ILL Spring Series Finale this Saturday in Streator, IL.
(We'll also have other Vibram to test out and a free chance to win a pair of 5-fingers).

I hope I get whatever is being sent out before the weekend! If I do get em before Saturday, they will be available to test at the Vibram ILL Spring Series Finale this Saturday in Streator, IL.
(We'll also have other Vibram to test out and a free chance to win a pair of 5-fingers).

See, team Vibram themselves are there sharing the goodness of what Vibram is about to do. Vibram creates a good buzz around their discs by doing this and the Street team and the Tester team allows them to do this to an even greater extent. Last year Steve was showing off the Proto Laces at Worlds supposedly all while playing games with visitors to the Vibram booth at the fly mart. It is simple and not pretencious at all and creates a really good word of mouth push for their products.

If Steve/Vibram want you to be quiet or sing to the masses, I am sure they will tell you with a note included with your testers. They will let you know what is expected.

See, team Vibram themselves are there sharing the goodness of what Vibram is about to do. Vibram creates a good buzz around their discs by doing this and the Street team and the Tester team allows them to do this to an even greater extent. Last year Steve was showing off the Proto Laces at Worlds supposedly all while playing games with visitors to the Vibram booth at the fly mart. It is simple and not pretencious at all and creates a really good word of mouth push for their products.

I agree. Vibram crew does a very good job of being friendly at events and not just trying to hock product on you. Yes it sells their products but it is a rather innocent sales tactic.

I agree. Vibram crew does a very good job of being friendly at events and not just trying to hock product on you. Yes it sells their products but it is a rather innocent sales tactic.

They are real people, or at least make you feel that way when you meet them. I think this goes back to the way Vibram chooses who they sponsor in relation to other companies and I think by doing this they may miss out on the best players int eh world but will get the ones the represent their values best. I think it is a tough decision to do this but one that makes me respect them so much more.

Got spit out for ace with my F Ibex at leagues last night on a 365 ft hole. I've been killing it with this F Ibex lately, its been beat to perfection for a year now and after the initial break in period, it has flown the same. It hasn't gotten more flippy/understable, its kind of amazing.

Got spit out for ace with my F Ibex at leagues last night on a 365 ft hole. I've been killing it with this F Ibex lately, its been beat to perfection for a year now and after the initial break in period, it has flown the same. It hasn't gotten more flippy/understable, its kind of amazing.

Dang! I hate those. About a month ago I had one hit dead center with my M Ibex that was the same story... My M Ibex has seen everything for almost a year and a half now and it is perfectly stable. It's awesome that the same is true for the firms, and now I may have to chase a F Ibex to couple with my M :)

To other Testers....

I was wondering if we (the testers) are supposed to tell everyone what they sent us...I just don't know how much information we are supposed to give out.

If any of the tester, or even Mr. Dodge, could get back to me on this it would be nice. I'm assuming we can give out some information, but I don't think Vibram Disc Golf wants all their secrets to come out...

And i'm about to crawl out of my skin awaiting whats supposed to come in. I have a feeling that it will be a disc because in August is the Vibram Open, and they usually have a New disc to show off with limit editions of this disc, but thats just my opinion

The more feedback the better. Share your thoughts and get other's thoughts also. One thing to note: this is not necessarily the final product.

I doubt the shoes, they would have asked for sizes by now. Fusion sounds probable, I'm leaning towards the overstable fairway though, I'm thinking the original.bumbleboot trak mold is still there and we may see a tweak to it for our first new disc this year.

Oh carp! I forgot to ask what size hat everyone wears!

Not yet, five more to go!

p.s. go to nickreboot.com!

and say bunny in the little chat window

Latest posts