• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I talked my fiance into stopping at the shop with the Yellow Traks and X Ascents today, she picked up one of each. Look for a post coming onto the market place later tonight with pictures, weights, and more information. They were a little more expensive than I thought. If more people are interested, I can ask her to pick up some more but she won't be happy about it lol.

Also, I checked the bottom of my Yellow Trak today and it does NOT have the flight numbers on it! I used it as my OSFWD today, and with that expectation, it worked flawlessly. It never turns, even in heavy wind.

Well it appears the yellow traks are well sought after discs. I think the shop will be out of them after I send my fiance back tomorrow! Anyone else interested in the first run X Ascents? They had a few of those left there as well. I'd probably price them at $35 to keep me out of the doghouse.

http://imgur.com/a/BQR2n

Thanks @Hlasianguy06 and @drblam! Y'all made me pull the trigger on a firm Ascent today! It should be here by the end of the week!

Thanks @Hlasianguy06 and @drblam! Y'all made me pull the trigger on a firm Ascent today! It should be here by the end of the week!

You wont be sorry. And, if by chance you hate it's flight, you'll have at least one disc you can trust in the rain.

Hmm... You don't think the firm will handle the woods?

That's the opposite of me, I love putting with my medium Ridge, feels a lot like a more comfortable Soft focus, granted I don't think I've ever putted with a firm disc.

I have been doing a real number on my firm Ascent in the woods here in the Cincy area in the two weeks I have been in town. The rim is getting some knicks taken out of it and I have had to work the rim back to straight numerous times, but so far it has only lost a marginal amount of stability.

Awesome! Enjoy!

jo0sf3K.jpg

I think I will! haha Especially if it flies like my teebird did.

The gouges is what turns me off from using them in the woods, the bent out of shape doesn't bother me, hot water will fix that. The gouges I have to heat a piece of metal and be oh so careful to not push the metal into the disc but smooth the raised parts from the gouges back into place. Tedious but I don't enjoy jagged edges on my discs.

The gouges is what turns me off from using them in the woods, the bent out of shape doesn't bother me, hot water will fix that. The gouges I have to heat a piece of metal and be oh so careful to not push the metal into the disc but smooth the raised parts from the gouges back into place. Tedious but I don't enjoy jagged edges on my discs.

Hit it with a lighter as soon as it happens. You can 'massage' the rubber back into place.

^ not only did I just type that, I decided to leave it there...

Hit it with a lighter as soon as it happens. You can 'massage' the rubber back into place.

^ not only did I just type that, I decided to leave it there...

That's already a method I have used. They like to brown the rubber a little bit though. Kinda dangerous I know but if you have good hands keep your lighter on and "massage" the spot with the metal piece as it heats up. Works pretty well just don't melt your disc.

The disc is in my car at the moment, so I can't look under it but I'm pretty sure there are flight numbers imprinted underneath. There were a bunch of these identical discs at the shop, I chose this one because it was the only one where the black ring didn't go all the way around the edge.

If these are what you guys are looking for, I can probably pick more up this week.

I would really like to get my hands on the "Bumbleboot" Traks in the right weight and at the right price. I am not willing to pay what I have seen them go for but I am sure you could make a fortune if they are for sale at a good price.

I have been doing a real number on my firm Ascent in the woods here in the Cincy area in the two weeks I have been in town. The rim is getting some knicks taken out of it and I have had to work the rim back to straight numerous times, but so far it has only lost a marginal amount of stability.

That is a pretty common story for Vibram discs. Really the only way they leave your bag is if you loose them, but they are so good out of the hand that I have trouble loosing them.

Someday, but probably not until later in the year. Last hint Steve gave everyone was that the next thing to testers was likely not a new disc but some other change to current discs. Either way I am excited to hear what the testers get in the mail in the next few weeks.