• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Even more exciting than Vibram Glow is THIS. Finally.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/o-lace.html

Release date = November 15!!!

This is wonderful news and even more exciting than the news about the glow discs if you ask me.

Hey Steve, any word on what retailers will have them available on the 15th? Last time my local Pinnacle Retailer did not get UnLaces for the release day.

This is wonderful news and even more exciting than the news about the glow discs if you ask me.

Hey Steve, any word on what retailers will have them available on the 15th? Last time my local Pinnacle Retailer did not get UnLaces for the release day.

I'm thinking we will put together a list of retailers that get their orders to us in time to get the discs delivered to them for the 11/15 release date. But as days get on, these things are tricky to do sometimes.

Steve, I.have another thread about this that I will delete if you answer here, but are there or were there ever Soles manufactured in black?

I've got some rounds in after switching back to all Vibram, figured I'd share some thoughts.

-The new blend of Firm is amazing. Super grippy with none of the floppiness of medium. I had felt the new blend of Firm but hadn't thrown any for any extended period of time... Have to say I am loving it.

-The Firm Obex I picked up didn't have the little bit of extra stability I was hoping for. I still love throwing it, it's a longer slightly broken in Roc flight for me. Great forward finish, not a dumpy fade. Still not quite the HSS of a Roc, so a little more finicky in winds, but I just have to adjust the angle of release a little bit and it flies good.

-I have switched over to Soles for putting. My recent foray into throwing Innova plastic again showed me that I really do prefer a more traditionally shaped, glidey putter (Aviar PnAs). Feel great in the new blend of firm and just the right amount of stability and glide to be workable but still trustworthy with some wind.

-I am dialing in my proto unLace as a roller disc. Not a shot I've had in the bag before and it's a blast to watch a disc chugging on along on the ground. Does take some funny hops here and there, so I was curious: Do the firms roll a little better than mediums?

-My Lace goes far and is a lot more controllable than most high speed discs I tried in my time away from Vibrams. I tried Destroyers, Terns, and some other high speed stuff and the Lace is very easy to control for it's rim size.

Anyways, super pumped about the O-Lace and think it's great Vibram perfected the glow rubber!

Will the glows ship to retailers or are they only going to be on Vibram's site. Would prefer to get exact weights but will just hope for the best if I have to.

Will the glows ship to retailers or are they only going to be on Vibram's site. Would prefer to get exact weights but will just hope for the best if I have to.

The Glow discs are not available to retailers. They are still a production test item and we have not yet finalized costing. We are not sure that this will become a regular product in our line.

Is it something if there was enough interest that could be done even if a limited run? Or special ordered for an event?

If you have an event that would be looking for a couple hundred or more, we could talk about making a special run. Email me with some thoughts:

[email protected]

And then email me again a few days later because I will need to noodle it around and will forget to get back to you.

Any chance a few Glow O-Laces and Un-Laces could be made and sold past the Nov. 15th date? I am sure there are other OCD completists, like me, that MUST have a complete run of Vibram in Glow?

If you have an event that would be looking for a couple hundred or more, we could talk about making a special run. Email me with some thoughts:

[email protected]

I remember, way back in two thousand something, when it was ten.

Now Steve is like 2 Chainz, drivin' an Aventador, drinkin' Ace of Spades Blanc de Blanc.

G Money.

You should grab the couple hundy disc offer while you still can. :D

I'm thinking we will put together a list of retailers that get their orders to us in time to get the discs delivered to them for the 11/15 release date. But as days get on, these things are tricky to do sometimes.

Even if you can get me the name of the retailer that is getting the prettiest ones for the release date that would be appreciated. Ha!

Any chance a few Glow O-Laces and Un-Laces could be made and sold past the Nov. 15th date? I am sure there are other OCD completists, like me, that MUST have a complete run of Vibram in Glow?

Unfortunately, the O-Lace and unLace molds are busy trying to keep up with making stock discs so no Glows were made in these molds.

I remember, way back in two thousand something, when it was ten.

Now Steve is like 2 Chainz, drivin' an Aventador, drinkin' Ace of Spades Blanc de Blanc.

G Money.

You should grab the couple hundy disc offer while you still can. :D

Funniest thing I've read in awhile

Hope these images answer some questions you may have about the Glow discs.
Additionally, mine feel more like X-link Medium than Firm.

First Image: UV vs 120 lumen LED, exposed for 20 seconds (circles to charge)
Second Image: Vibram Glow vs MVP Eclipse
Third Image: Was not expecting this one... looks pink?
Fourth Image: Compared to an all white Lace.

LINK
http://imgur.com/a/hPwZe#0

Crosspost from the Vibram Glow Thread.

Hoping the glow discs become a regular run -- the molds in the Vibram shop are what I throw, but the weights are a bit high for my noodle arm. My Ibex is 167, my Track is 162. So I'll probably snag a Ridge or two while supplies last, and hope for the others.