• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Barry Schultz puts his signature on the Leopard. I think what people mean is "good discs for beginners."

Only bitches throw fairway drivers... Steve, when's the speed 16 Vibram disc coming out? I need it for my 800 ft drives over the pond at maple hill. :wall:

Ya'll're crazy. But I didn't mean that people outgrow discs, what I mean is that there are certain discs people should start out with (learning that the hard way). By "Starter Discs" I meant discs to learn proper technique with.

I kinda plan on keeping the "started discs" i have for a while.

BTW, a scoobie skip over the water. Works great, just keeps spinning and spinning.

Last edited:
Not only will we not be testing, we will be sending one out to every household and charging each of your credit cards. If you return the disc, we'll refund your money, less our shipping costs! :)

In truth, these have only been in existence since Wednesday, we've made a dozen of them for flight testing purposes and they fly great (Aaron can really make them go, I have to put every bit of fiber into them, but I can clear the pond at MH1 with them so they fly as far as anything I can throw!)

Perhaps we can go to a field at Am Worlds on Wednesday evening and do some initial flight testing.

Not only will we not be testing, we will be sending one out to every household and charging each of your credit cards. If you return the disc, we'll refund your money, less our shipping costs! :)
Ahhhh, the Columbia Record & Tape Club business model applied to flying disc distribution. BRILLIANT!

I told you these jokers at Vibram were innovators!

I love your quality control and testing, but I also know that means it'll be many moons before I get to try one. :(

Dammit Steve, I was at your house almost all day Tuesday! How much did I miss you guys by? I would have loved to throw one into... I mean OVER the pond...

So this new disc is a fairway driver? I had my money on the Vibram midrange next. Something better than both the Roc and the Buzzz. Jeronimo, the Speed 16 distance driver is onyl coming out after they know it is the fastest thing out there and that no one will be able to beat them.

Steve, I love the idea of the logo on the side. It is kind of like the grip pad that Discraft tried to bring out a little while back only with Vibram they do it legally. Woot woot.

Perhaps we can go to a field at Am Worlds on Wednesday evening and do some initial flight testing.

seriously, I'd be down for that. I can test drive (HA) the freaking putters I'm going to buy. I hate that you've done this to me Steve Dodge. I honestly feel like one of those Apple lovers who freak out at every mention of an Apple product or feature... and hate myself for it.

But seriously I'd love to throw one of those next to my Banshee, TL, and Leopard and see where it sits. (I currently use those for drives) Any possibility of this actually happening?

Also does it have a name? Or what are the names being thrown around?

Last edited:
@ SD - Will these be priced same as the putters? I don't have a problem with the offset logo, reminds me of putting a baseball card or beads on my bicycle wheel's when I was a kid. If it looks sweet in flight, it's totally worth it. I imagine I won't want my grip over it though. I already ignore the "traction pads" on the Latitude Spike, as they seem less grippy than the rest of the plastic. But the offset logo seems worth it for purely aesthetic reasons. What disc could you compare the deepness or shallowness of the rim/grip area (what is the word im looking for?)

I also wanted to add, that due to the high regard I have for Vibram discs, I checked out a pair of fivefingers and some Vibram Soled hiking boots at REI, which I would not ordinarily have done. Cross marketing success! Went with Keens

The test flight disc name is Ascent. Perhaps we should plan on an impromptu Wednesday evening flight testing. Is the sun still up at 8:00?

----------------------

Vibram Am Worlds Bonus!

We will be giving out group CTPs at the Delaware course (I think on hole 15) on Tuesday and Wednesday. Each AM1 and MM1 will have a chance to win their choice of Vibram disc! Really. And the hits keep coming...

Here in ohio dusk isn't till 9. Light till and sometimes past 9:30. I could bring my girlfriend and she could forehand test it (former softball player, one heck of an arm).

What would you rate these at? In the style of Joe's flight chart, the best most universal and understandable chart?

I have a fear that the putters could replace my beloved Rocs...

Which is why I'm guessing you guys went for a fairway driver after the putters. Skip the mid range discs and just have people use putters for Putt and Approach.

Here in ohio dusk isn't till 9. Light till and sometimes past 9:30. I could bring my girlfriend and she could forehand test it (former softball player, one heck of an arm).

What would you rate these at? In the style of Joe's flight chart, the best most universal and understandable chart?

I have a fear that the putters could replace my beloved Rocs...

Which is why I'm guessing you guys went for a fairway driver after the putters. Skip the mid range discs and just have people use putters for Putt and Approach.

My mids don't see much use anymore either. Fairway drivers are the next logical step providing controlled distance.

I'll let you all tell me what Joe would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts