• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That MObex sounds like something I might be interested in. Here is to hoping the Obex is likeable too.

This disc that you do a run up for though also sounds very interesting. Are we going to get our First Vibram max distance driver?

Threw a team members Obex yesterday at Disc Nation. fun disc. definitely right along the Roc comparisons. You won't need to spend $50 on a premium Roc when you can get the Obex

Ibex + Obex + Trak can shred a lot of courses. It does have plenty of glide as well. You can pretty much kill the idea of Vibram discs not having glide. Easy 350ft on a hyzer for the team guy(and myself).

^^

it isn't that vibram discs don't glide. They don't glide well. Also that was mostly focused on the first round of putters (VP, Ridge, Summit) because they all shared the same top. You can beat some more glide into them, but they will not compare to other discs. And the Sole was just a pendulum swing "You want a disc that glides? Fine, here is a magnet copy"

Obex is a decent disc. Not as overstable as I thought it might be?? We'll it is for backhand, but if I throw it forehand with power it flips over in its flight every time. If I throw it soft it is very overstable. It is overstable no matter how hard I throw it backhand.

Definitely a good disc for someone who likes Rocs, or any other overstable midrange.
I'd like to see an UBEX, as for my style even the Ibex is overstable for me.

^^

it isn't that vibram discs don't glide. They don't glide well. Also that was mostly focused on the first round of putters (VP, Ridge, Summit) because they all shared the same top. You can beat some more glide into them, but they will not compare to other discs. And the Sole was just a pendulum swing "You want a disc that glides? Fine, here is a magnet copy"

I am aware of this. most people still complain. they do glide WELL, especially the new models.

lets stop talking about glide...back to the obex...

Obex is a decent disc. Not as overstable as I thought it might be?? We'll it is for backhand, but if I throw it forehand with power it flips over in its flight every time. If I throw it soft it is very overstable. It is overstable no matter how hard I throw it backhand.

Definitely a good disc for someone who likes Rocs, or any other overstable midrange.
I'd like to see an UBEX, as for my style even the Ibex is overstable for me.

I had the same experience with the Ascent. Turns and burns when thrown forehand, but is crazy overstable backhand.

IMG_20120505_115946.jpg

Okay, I am all sorts of bonered up about getting an overstable mid and will purchase two when out for sure. I want a max d driver too though!!! My local team Vibram guy was pretty tight lipped about the Obex a month ago when I asked him about it, just get it out already!

Initial thoughts on the new Obex Proto- this one has great potential. Compared to a Roc (my main mid for over a decade) its faster, similar glide, and slightly less fade later in the flight with a similar high speed stability. I tossed it into a 15ish mph headwind with just a little tracking to the right before a fade on a flat 300ft throw. I was able to get it out to 340ish ft when really airing it out. On any shots, it held the line to a flat pan out before hitting the ground. It would also pull out and fade on a slight anny. Think Ridge with speed and glide

I like the colors on your Obex dgdave. I am rather thanksful for the bright colros Vibram is coming up with. I am just waiting for neon pink and neon orange swirls.

(Hint Hint Hint to Mr. Dodge)

I like the colors on your Obex dgdave. I am rather thanksful for the bright colros Vibram is coming up with. I am just waiting for neon pink and neon orange swirls.

(Hint Hint Hint to Mr. Dodge)

Neon yellow!

dgdave, good assesment of the Obex. Its a do it all mid and I love that I can confidently bust it out in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts