• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open 2012!

congrats to hankdabank for his t14 finish in open this weekend. bing!

Val still won the NT Series, congratz to her!
Maybe I am missing something here but Val & Cat tied for NT points.
http://www.vibramopen.com/current-standings.html

If there is a tie then per PDGA:

In the case of a tie for the Series Champion the following tie-breakers will be utilized:

1. Head-to-head record at the Vibram Open.
2. Head-to-head record in all National Tour events.
3. Sum of points at all National Tour events
4. Sudden death playoff
http://www.pdga.com/national-tour

So my understanding is that Cat should win the NT title per (1) above, right?

the points in the total column do not add up, add up the 6 individual events and val won by 6.5 points

But only the top three events plus the Vibram count towards the NT Points Series. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was a tie at 388 and Cat would win over Val in a tie. I will happily leave it to HQ to sort it all out.

But only the top three events plus the Vibram count towards the NT Points Series. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was a tie at 388 and Cat would win over Val in a tie. I will happily leave it to HQ to sort it all out.
I thought they crown the NT winner at Vibram, hence why the Vibram keeps track of the running?

I'm totally confused now. After reading "Who Can Win it, and How" for the NT title on the Vibram Open webpage http://www.vibramopen.com/who-can-win-it-and-how.html it says the only way Cat can win over Val is to either finish 1st and Val finish 3rd, or Cat finish 2nd and Val finishing 4th. Yet, my post above shows how Cat should win the title with her winning the Vibram and Val finishing 2nd. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't Vibram be announcing the NT title winners already???

Any confusion can be eliminated by simply reading fb.
Yesterday cat was crowned nt champ on fb, today val was...
I just saw Innova's post on facebook as Val being the winner. I went through and reviewed all six NTs and points awarded and Catrina should win without a doubt. I'm wondering why there is some confusion and vagueness as to who won and why the Vibram Open hasn't publicized the actual winner?

The battle between the two big manufacturers claiming who actually won the NT title. If Sarah Hokom had not tied Val for 2nd then Val would have won the title.

I just saw Innova's post on facebook as Val being the winner. I went through and reviewed all six NTs and points awarded and Catrina should win without a doubt. I'm wondering why there is some confusion and vagueness as to who won and why the Vibram Open hasn't publicized the actual winner?

if you reviewed all 6 NT's and you came up with Catrina having more points you need to recheck your math...

I'm totally confused now. After reading "Who Can Win it, and How" for the NT title on the Vibram Open webpage http://www.vibramopen.com/who-can-win-it-and-how.html it says the only way Cat can win over Val is to either finish 1st and Val finish 3rd, or Cat finish 2nd and Val finishing 4th. Yet, my post above shows how Cat should win the title with her winning the Vibram and Val finishing 2nd. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't Vibram be announcing the NT title winners already???

First of all, PDGA HQ tracks the NT Points Series, and not Vibram.

Secondly, there is an issue with the PDGA database which Technology Director Steve Ganz is looking into. This issue is preventing "automatic" calculations of these results. The PDGA Tour Manager, Andrew "Big Dog" Sweeton, did the calculations by hand several times on Sunday and came up with both scenarios. To complicate matters, Big Dog is on the road right now and it may be some time before he, Steve, PDGA Events Director Alan Kane, and PDGA Office Manager Marcy Borelli (who will cut the checks and mail them) can coordinate all this.

Lastly: please, please, please Patrick, run a tournament. Please.

how much cash do these ladies get for winning the series and what is the difference in cash between first and second?

thanks, i suppose those ladies would like to see this cleared up asap so they can get paid, unless they already paid em both $600 with the remaining 400 to be given to the winner when its determined

As indicated previously, the PDGA Office Manager is sending out checks for all ladies and mens NT Point Series winners.

No NT Point Series payments were made at the Vibram Open to Val or Catrina or anyone.

Let's see how hard this is.

Take the top 3 scores of the first five NT events and then add the score of the Vibram Open.

Val - 100 - 93 - 100 - 91 - 95
Cat - 95 - 93 -91 -100 - 86.5

Val's top 3 scores = 100 + 100 + 95 = 295
Cat's top 3 scores = 95 + 93 + 100 = 288

Val Vibram score = 93
Cat Vibram score = 100

Val total score = 295 + 93 = 388
Cat total score = 288 + 100 = 388

We have a tie. What happens in a tiebreaker? Rule 1), head-to-head in Vibram Open. Cat wins head-to-head.

There you have it. Cat is the winner.

Latest posts