• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Ridge

^ Marshall Street Online has firm and medium ridges in heavier weights and they post a pic of each individual disc so you know what it will look like! I just got a few Firm 174+ ridges today!

^ Hlasianguy06 - I have a medium ridge that I have had for around 2 years and it is pretty beat and it will turn and hold the anny line when I get a good pull.

Shhhh hendryx! The red and whites are mine!
Mine is about 2 years old as well. Is it bad that I have 4 ridges bagged? Lol 1 firm and my half n half for putts, the broken in medium and a new medium for driving.

Nah in my big bag that I would carry for a tournament I keep 2-lighter firms for putting, and 1-heavy firm for my overstable putter business and 1-medium for turnover putter needs. (all ridges by the way)

^only issue with the ridge is the lack of driving d like a wizard, ion, pure etc...

I liked the ridge, VP, sole all just fine but fly uniquely compared to plastic putters. Seems like 300' is really the range for the ridge no matter how hard you throw it and same with the VP. They have great HSS but really fly weird IMO. Not bad discs at all and enjoy them but just fly different than any other companies products.

6 times 52 = 312, so yep, you're right on the money with the Ridge. :clap:

4.2 times 60 = 252, so if you can push a VP past that, you da man.:thmbup:

so i just snagged a ridge for upshots; i used to have one in Medium. snagged this one in firm on the offchance i use it to putt (i don't yet). thanks for the info, Hlasianguy06.

now, this thing is kinda beefy compared to what i remember. it really has a similar flight to my breaker. i use my breaker as a driving putter and will not use the ridge for anything except upshots or short, downhill drives.

that said, is this how it's supposed to be? do mediums start out straighter? will my ridge's beefiness beat into a turn and then fade or will it turn into straight?

just curious, because right now i really don't have too much use for it. if it'll beat into straight, cool, but if mediums start off straighter i'd prefer that.

mine is only 171 grams, as well. i'm just curious because i threw my older Medium one to confirm my suspicions. that thing never gets thrown so it's practically new.

your firm should break-in to become less stable than a Med. but in my experience haven't noticed that drastic of a difference in them, let alone even in the ridge vs VP's. which both seem to fly very HSS which makes them "straight" but also can appear more OS in touch shots which aren't putting as much high speed on the disc and that really seems to make it respond well to "flying straight" otherwise the fade will kick in for sure.

Ridge is a magic disc.
Its like a Unicorn throwing a Leprechaun at a rainbow, and landing in a pot of gold.
I have the best ones, the pretty ones, the rare ones, the ones with obsessive lust for the chains.
I luv them all.

I love my ridges. Some people talk about the lack of glide like it's a bad thing. I think it makes them more predictable, better in the wind and easier to range. Same goes for ascents.

i've tried this disc so many times and for some reason i cannot keep away from it. every time i do a putter shakeup i wind up picking up another. giving it another serious go as a driving and putting putter replacement for my wizards, again for the same reason: it doesn't fly as far so it gives me better shot selection when i'm debating putter vs. mid. the wizard goes almost as far as the tangent, the ridge seems slightly more OS and reliable. now that i've got my putting figured out, which is the main reason i dropped the ridge in the first place, it has been doing well on my practice basket and in league today i canned a 40 footer into the wind. good things.

out of the several putter molds i've bought recently, this one has the best chance of sticking around. i like the pa2 but it's just a little too low profile imo and has no bead, the pa1 isn't the best driving putter right off the bat. the mercy isn't quite as reliable in the wind, the wizard is a little too deep for me to get clean releases 100% of the time.

here's hoping the ridge sticks around this time. :)

Last edited:
After spending some more time and finally really being able to rip into the ridge, it doesn't really "not fly as far as other discs" as I originally thought. you just have to be able to chuck it. I was surprised to see it go almost as far as my wizards on a couple holes. When not traveling at high speed it definitely just sits down. It's a good combo and the disc keeps me honest on my disc selection by forcing me to disc up when I should rather than trying to crush a putter. I picked up a soft ridge as well; holy crap. It's. Sticky. I could use it as a lint roller if I wanted to. I imagine this will be my approach disc for long throw-in type deals. It does seem to have more glide than my firms, though I only was able to observe its flight while putting inside it seemed fairly obvious. It was hilarious to watch it when it hit the cookie or basket, just flops. It's so sticky and gives you such touch at short range due to the grip, I might have to try it for putting. I will be buying another medium as well. I've already got 3 firms. Consider me on the ridge train.

AAAAAAALLLLL AAAABOOAARRDD!

Seriously though, the ridge is my workhorse driver inside of 300'. I used to feel pretty confident pushing wizards to that 300' mark, but, like you said Kodachrome, it keeps you honest in your disc selection. I like the drop that the ridge has, but it feels like it powers up/down...right. It's hard to explain, but how power input vs. distance achieved scale, it fits me to a T.

It can be a bit hard to ride annys, but I've broken in some VO '12's that have fit that role very well at this point.

Figured that the best place to ask this would be in this thread.

I've got quite a few First Run Ridges and considering that I don't play nearly as much as I'd like to (27 holes in the past 4 years), figure it's about time to let loose a few of them.

Is there any demand for these and how much do they go for now? Seems like I can't find any recent sales for FR Ridges, like they've gotten rarer now...

Liking the Ridge. Seems to sit down when you need it to. I've tried a couple variations of putting with the Ridge, and the quick flick-of-the-wrist seems to be effective, though I admit that there have been days where I have been too shy to throw the Ridge on a hard, clean putt, opting instead for a nice, hard throw with the VP, or a heavier Summit in tailwinds. Would like to get back into the Ridge again... we'll see.

I've got quite a few First Run Ridges and considering that I don't play nearly as much as I'd like to (27 holes in the past 4 years), figure it's about time to let loose a few of them.

Is there any demand for these and how much do they go for now? Seems like I can't find any recent sales for FR Ridges, like they've gotten rarer now...

There was no fanfare for the release of the Ridge. No special raised letter version like the VP and Summit, and no special color like the FR Ascents.

The only ones that have appeciated in value, are the 24 Christmas Ridges, and maybe, if you had one with great colors from the first BG Ams granite run.

Latest posts