• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Violation, would you call this?

BradC

Eagle Member
Would you conisder this a violation of 803.05(a)?
803.05(a) said:
A. Obstacles to a Stance or Throwing Motion: With the exception of casual obstacles to a stance as described in 803.05 B, a player is not allowed to move any obstacle on the course. No relief is granted from park equipment (such as signs, trash cans, picnic tables, etc), which is considered part of the course. A player is allowed to request that other people remove themselves and/or their belongings from the player's stance or line of play. A player must choose the stance which results in the least movement of any obstacle. Once a legal stance is taken, the player may not move an obstacle in any way in order to make room for a throwing motion. It is legal for a player's throwing motion to cause incidental movement of an obstacle.

The guy walking up in black, when putting, in my opinion violates said rule.

Agree, disagree? Why?

Ok, I fail at embedding, here - http://youtu.be/mCkZYCo0L38?t=32m56s

Last edited:
If you're talking about either of the two guys in black when the video first starts off, that's crazy talk to me. If they are bothering the guy throwing somehow, they need to toughen the hell up mentally.

I would like to hear a rules "expert" chime in. Looks like he clearing his stance & not moving something that would have interfered with his actual motion. Is this considered the same thing?

He definitely should have slid his foot carefully under the live brush rather than disturbing it the way he did based on 803.04D, not the rule 803.05A in the OP.

What's he supposed to do? Hover?

If he was cool enough he would! I thought you would have to adjust your stance around the brush without moving it but he clearly pushes it out of his way. Is this different than moving a low hanging branch to clear an open window? I have no clue if what he did is legal or not, that's why I asked.

Last edited:
He definitely should have slid his foot carefully under the live brush rather than disturbing it the way he did based on 803.04D, not the rule 803.05A in the OP.

If it's alive, it's part of the course and should be undisturbed. If it's dead, it can be cleared.

But to the original question, no I probably would not call it.

when you click his link, his video starts around the 32:40 mark.

33 minute mark, the guy in black walking up to address his lie.

My beef is pointed out below.

I think he means when he kicks around the brush at his feet to clear his stance.

Yes, this is exactly what I meant.

.A wouldn't apply, due to; "A player must choose the stance which results in the least movement of any obstacle."?

Sorry for not putting more info in the first post last night, just saw that before crashing out and wanted to get some thoughts.

I have watched all 5 videos over the last 2 days, and I have noticed at least 3 times where they do stuff like this.

I was always under the impression that you could move brush/sticks/branches from under your feet if they were dead... hmmmm. I hate rules.

I was always under the impression that you could move brush/sticks/branches from under your feet if they were dead... hmmmm. I hate rules.

You are correct in that, but to me, these look like live ferns.

Let's all agree that for the sake of argument, these are live plants, still rooted in the ground and growing.

I'd agree with this. He doesn't look like he's being very gentle at all with that bush. It also looks like he's holding a live branch under his foot, which to me is the same as holding a branch out of the way with your hand. I'd call it.

i agree that this is a good example of a careless rules violation.

from my understanding with the one of Hasting making the huge jump putt... he didn't try to choose a lie that resulted in little movement of the obstacles on the course. he purposely stepped on one of the ferns/branches and he walked into the lie backwards so that the other one wouldnt be in his throwing motion. I would assume that this would be against the rules, but I haven't seen it called very often as the rule is not very exacting and needs to include examples(Possibly in next years manual?)

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Definitely a violation.

I have called similar at times, depending on the severity. People always say "stepping on this doesn't really help me any" to which I respond then why are you doing it when you could have taken a legal stance?

Latest posts