• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Vulcan topped AJ Destroyers?

Dang wish I saw this thread earlier, I would of had something to talk with Dave Dunnipace with at USDGC. I got to play my 4th round with him!! And I think I just traded for one of these...are they inconsistent or just extra flippy?

...are they inconsistent or just extra flippy?

Depends on what you are looking for. Most die hard destroyer throwers hate them because they are too flippy. I have never been able to get the destroyers to behave for my weak arm so I like the destrulcans a lot. I have 2 Champs (166 & 175) and one Star AJ stamp (168). The lighter weights are working really well for me.

sorry to go all xfiles on innova. but they moved the destroyer in the chart too. before it was shown as more stable than a boss or maybe the boss moved but it was alway further left.

so new runs not fixed. basically the price in the marketplace has already seen a small bump because of the sharks circling. i switched to destroyers because i knew innova would not mess with the mold/plastic/flight of this disc.

so if it is a cooling issue why is it present in all the different types of plastic? wouldn't some of them be okay?

oh well i'll just get more and sell them to buy a better product from a company that cares.

Are all the pre-AJ Star ones safe? I'm a bit new to the Destroyer chronicles, but this sounds like it just happened this year so the standard stamped ones are all ok (or should be..)

Last edited:
Are all the pre-AJ Star ones safe? I'm a bit new to the Destroyer chronicles, but this sounds like it just happened this year so the standard stamped ones are all ok (or should be..)

Last November I bought an Echo * Destroyer that was apparently distributed to just team members (just has the small Innova log on it) and it is 100% Destrulcan. It's a funny coincidence because not a month later the CFR Champ Vulcans hit DGV.

Of the 40 or so other Destroyers I have (old SDSs, old *Ds, and SDs) I haven't seen the Destrulcan top on the pre-AJ Stars. That's just a small sample size though.

I agree, some Vulcan topped AJ Destroyers floating around

I agree, there are some Vulcan topped AJ Destroyers floating around, a few weeks ago frisbeerancher on Ebay posted some AJ Destroyers and they clearly had the ridge on the flight plate, just like a Vulcan or Archon.

And I just received my 1st Run Star Teedevils and they are so close to an Archon that I know it will be way too flippy for me and will never handle headwinds, etc.

And I also compared the new 1st Run Star Teedevils to the Australian Open Champion Teedevils and the Champion ones do not have such a profound dip after the ridge.

I think I am ready to sell my new 1st Run Star Teedevils before I have even thrown them.

so are the good ones OOP?

what is the deal?

anybody read the ask dave thread? i this is kinda weird since many people are inflating the prices of reg destroyers since the new ones are different mold??????

Isnt the destroyer a popular disc?

THE DAMN DESTOYERS WILL BE ALL RIGHT WHEN THE NEXT RUN GETS OUT OH MY GOD.

SOME IDIOT AT INNOVA SCREWED UP THE RUN AND THE NEXT ONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT MOLD.

i have a echo star with a weird top but its not a vulcan top cause its stable as hell compared to my old 170 star destro. the echo star is 167. also what is an sds destroyer? star destroer star?

i have a echo star with a weird top but its not a vulcan top cause its stable as hell compared to my old 170 star destro. the echo star is 167. also what is an sds destroyer? star destroer star?

stablized star destroyer.

Could just be you're not used to throwing a fresh Destroyer and you also got one that molded up a little different. If you've only thrown one in the past, and it was beat up, there's going to be a pronounced difference...

SDS means Star Destroyer, just like SEX means Star Eagle-X. The regular designation for the disc is DS, sometimes they put a little * before it, sometimes they write an S. There are a bunch of really overstable and poppy top destroyers marked SDS but there are regular destroyers also marked SDS.

Latest posts