• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Waited almost 38 years for 1st Ace

jtrod

Eagle Member
I have a friend that has been playing disc golf since 1976. He has been playing 2-3 rounds a week at Morley Field and other courses throughout San Diego. He is a great ambassador of the game. He gives discs to kids, new players and sends countless amount of discs to his son stationed in Korea so all the troops there have discs to play with on the course on base. This morning, my friend Ken, finally hit his first Ace on hole 18 at Morley Field. He held his emotions in, but I know he savored the moment. I only hope he doesnt have to wait another 38 years for his next Ace.

This is pretty great! It took me almost 10 years to hit my one and only and I thought that was forever!

Congrats to Tim. Nothing beats the first time. 38 yrs is a long time coming. but....... that's whats she said.

That's awesome! Congrats to Tim. Hopefully I won't have to wait another 35 years to get one!

Cool! Glad he finally got an ace. I just hope it doesn't take me 38 years to get mine... I may not have that many years left in me. :\

Awesome! Hopefully this begins a streak for him because they're supposed to come in bunches!

LoL...like John Kruk on his last day. He got a hit that got him just over .300 for his career. Got to first base, signaled to be taken out, left the stadium, and never played again. Classic.

I laughed about quitting disc golf when I hit my first ace. Only took me nine years.

Cool story though. If he felt anything like I did when I hit mine, you just kind of go numb and hope that your buddy saw it. Imagine getting an ace after waiting 38 years and then having no witnesses.

...I guess at that point I wouldn't give a crap if anyone saw.

:clap::clap::clap:

Glad he got one! It gets in your head and I bet he'll grab at least one more before the year is up.

I had one this morning in my 30th round. Nothing to look forward to now! But I'm 60 so I won;'t have too many years to be disappointed I didn't get my 2nd.

Tell him congrats! As it happens, I waited 8 years for my first ace in 2001. It happened, at Morley Field, hole 18, position A. I went nuts. I waited until this July for my second.

i have a condition that results in me getting 100+ aces a day. it sounds great at first but its destroying my life.

Latest posts