• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

We need more 'Nims' (extreme pitch n putt) type courses!

Redbone Road is a very fun course that is similar. short but very tight and demanding holes. elevation, drop-offs, and a pond.

Disc golf would die without this type of course

The short little rec courses are the life blood of disc golf, and there should be 3 to 9 holes in every "pocket" park or small park in America. By getting kids playing disc golf in large numbers early in their lives, it will ensure that there are large numbers of players, i.e. demand for intermediate and champ courses, down the road. The ratio needs to be about 10 rec level, 5 intermediate, 1 or 2 champ level. And all "champ" level course need to be pay-to-play.

The "little courses" also ensure that there will always be a new generation of player (of all ages) coming into the game.

There's a brand new one that is pretty nice, Lawrence W. Inlow Park, in Carmel, IN. Plus, there are two, nice 18-hole courses a stone's throw away, with a third on the way! :thmbup:

The short little rec courses are the life blood of disc golf, and there should be 3 to 9 holes in every "pocket" park or small park in America. By getting kids playing disc golf in large numbers early in their lives, it will ensure that there are large numbers of players, i.e. demand for intermediate and champ courses, down the road. The ratio needs to be about 10 rec level, 5 intermediate, 1 or 2 champ level. And all "champ" level course need to be pay-to-play.

The "little courses" also ensure that there will always be a new generation of player (of all ages) coming into the game......

Thats real talk right there. Good schit!

So I played the ace race at Nims today the winner had 5 aces, all in second round and we were throwing both discs at each basket, second place... me.. only had two with five metal hits, so not as easy as one would think, there were 40 people. Won the great new fade tourney bad limited edition zesk

Other than Northside Park in Azusa CA I've never played anything like this. Doesn't strike me as that desirable - with so little of a challenge, folks will probably tend to "graduate" to more sophisticated courses, which would leave a Nims course with no locals to take care of it > damaged signs, stolen baskets, etc as a result.