• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weather

i_throw_bricks

Par Member
I can't wait to get out and play today. The weather is awesome... for once. Tomorrow is supposed to be back to the same windy garbage we've had for the last month it seems. Wind certainly adds some challenge, but I find that it makes it hard to work on form since the conditions of every drive are so different. Improved form comes from repetition with repeated results. That's pretty hard to do when one second you are throwing into the wind and the next you are throwing with a cross wind. But, I digress. This was just supposed to be a comment on the nice weather :).

Beautiful weather here in Oklahoma today. It is usually very windy. Will be a great evening for a mini!

I actually like less than ideal conditions because it forces you to adapt and think more about what you are doing. Forget about the weather and just get out and throw. Learn what each disc will do in different winds.

One of the first really nice days we've had, and we're setting up a temp course for our first bag tag meet of the year tonight! I'm super pumped! Especially since the rest of the courses in the area are way under water, and the one that isn't is not really a real course (150 foot no obstacle holes...). Supposed to get to 70 tomorrow, almost a little bit too hot.

If it is a nice day then it is a guarantee that I am working and then have commitments afterwards. Every moment I have had in the last two weeks, scratch that, last six months where I could get out and play the weather has sucked.

If it is a nice day then it is a guarantee that I am working and then have commitments afterwards. Every moment I have had in the last two weeks, scratch that, last six months where I could get out and play the weather has sucked.

I echo your frustration. I got out there for a bit today, and really enjoyed my round. I played like garbage (10 over par skipping two holes because I didn't feel like going swimming), but I had a lot of fun. It's been frustrating not being able to get out, or having to deal with the weather when I am out.

Last edited:
One of the first really nice days we've had, and we're setting up a temp course for our first bag tag meet of the year tonight! I'm super pumped! Especially since the rest of the courses in the area are way under water, and the one that isn't is not really a real course (150 foot no obstacle holes...). Supposed to get to 70 tomorrow, almost a little bit too hot.

70 too hot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Holy Cow! 70 is about perfect

Jukeshoe: <---More than ready for some f'ing sunshine and warm weather! :mad:

Jukeshoe: <---More than ready for some f'ing sunshine and warm weather! :mad:

Come back down this way. The rain finally got out for at least a day and it was gorgeous today. You've still got the rest of BG to play too. Holler is probably under water right now though. So you know where the creek is on holes 1-3 relative to Howie's house up on the hill... last year when it flooded, the water was all the way up to his doorstep. Think about that one for a minute.

I don't let the weather bother me in most cases unless the course actually floods while I'm there (like Idlewild last Saturday) or has too much standing water to bare. Windy conditions - my Firebirds love the wind, rainy conditions - bet I've got towels to combat that, cold - can't be perfect forever, overly hot - that's what they make refillable water bottles for. I'd rather it be inclimate weather so there's less people out on the course and I can take my time to enjoy each shot and focus on practicing more. Not just getting pushed along by a group of one-discers behind me.

We've only had 3 days above 60 this april, but with one being 79 with bad storms and tornados later that evening. The rest of this spring has been highs in the 30's, 40's, a few 50's, with more often then not rain and/or wind. I suppose it doen't matter because my home course doesnt even have its baskets in yet, but it aint to fun to run in 40 degrees 30 mph winds and rain either for track practice.

Ya I'm starting to get used to the wind now, it just sucks. I can't blame the wind though, thats just a part of my game that needs much improvement. It's been windy as hell and constant rain out here in illinois also for the past month. Enough is enough already. I cant wait to get out in what is supposed to be some decent weather tomorrow. Despite all thr water on some of these courses still.

Weather forecast for the next week: 70's and sunny all week! Can't wait. I am working today and hating my life at the moment, but tomorrow I will be out in the sun (and humidity, but who f'ing cares at this point) throwing some bricks with my new Ridge!