• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are some unique "nice little touches" to add to a course?

IMG_6969.jpg

Zboaz park, for example.

No that's not the basket. It's in the fairway.

I had an easy deuce if that was the basket :p

There's lot of "nice" additions you can add to a course, by my suggestion would be GREAT, extensive signage. There isn't many more things that deter new players from playing/finishing a course than poor signage. Many don't know where to go next, or how to find the first tee at some courses. Signage is an expense that shouldn't be overlooked as proper way finding reduces stress and increases the chance of a user return to a space again.

nighttime lighting,if stadium lights were on the course it would have alot more visitors

This would be really nice on some of the private courses. The free to plays would attract to many undesirables I would assume.

i always thought that sandtraps filled with golf balls to make you stand and deliver would be awesome on the fairways.

Some decretive stones along teeboxes,creeks,and baskets.

Brick teeboxes like at Roscoe Ewing DGC hole 13. Looks cool

These are the teeboxes they are putting in at Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Granite teesigns look awesome.

I like the follow through area that won't get eroded down around the front of the box. :thmbup:

Sorry if it's been said, but I don't wan to read all the comments.....

But the rock gardens at Flip City add obstacles AND a view!

P2150406.jpg

nighttime lighting,if stadium lights were on the course it would have alot more visitors

Rutgers is lit up at night. The lights weren't put there for the course though they were put in so drunk college girls wouldn't get raped on the way back to their dorms lol Now they are safer, and I can golf at night:)

This is super simple and easy, but very much appreciated and sadly not at many courses I've seen.

I love it when the practice basket has stones that mark distances for putts out to 30 feet or so. Really helps me do a warm up.

i always thought that sandtraps filled with golf balls to make you stand and deliver would be awesome on the fairways.

Ha, that'd be a sight.

How deep would you make the pits? 1 foot? 2 feet???

Bear Creek had a floating disc retriever which i thought was nice

Here is the #1 oversight in DG course design, in my opinion....

Properly located Perennial flowering plants.

The aesthetic quality of color always adds to the beauty of a hole. We need some for spring, some for summer and some for fall. Not near the baskets or in the middle of fairways, obviously. I've only played Winthrop Gold once and can remember the beautiful white flowering trees on the right of hole 5; that sticks in my mind to this day. The problem is finding out what types of vegetation are approved for your course, assuming it's on public property such as a state park, and the cost. You only buy once with perennials.

Flowers around tees and between holes where they're not likely to be trampled definitely add to the aesthetics of the course, good point.

My home course is lacking in the direction signs, and warning signs at crosswalks where we get a lot of clueless pedestrians. Those are a must-have IMO.

Nice feature added to a local course is a metal 'T' next to most tees to hang your bag. They added little hooks which I think would be useful for holding a leash when you bring your doggies.

I think the ability and useage of multiple basket locations are great and help with erosion around the baskets. Too many courses have different locations, but rarely actually move them. One very busy course changes theirs every Monday and has a little sticker on their tee sign telling you the letter corresponding to where the basket is located.

My wish list would be a hot cart girl selling cold beers like on a lot of ball golf courses. Never hurts to improve the scenery.

Latest posts