• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What discs came in the gummy Champion plastic?

Did anybody here work at Innova or know somebody who worked at Innova at the time these were released? I would like to know if the plastic blend is in fact the same blend as the late run gummy CE discs. Like I said, they feel identical to me, and the time frame is about right considering that the Beasts were the first run of Champion stamped Beasts. Can anybody confirm or disconfirm this?

I know exactly the plastic run you're talking about, and I've got a few different molds that are from that run.

I wish I knew how to find more of these too, bc its some of the best feeling champ Plastic ever IMO. I do like the new Jolly Launcher though and some is softer than others, but not really like the same old Gummy mentioned here. I have a few 12x Eagle L's that are pretty gummy feeling, but they are the cloudy ones that were the last run of champ plastic that is still Pre flight #'s. That plastic seemed to have problems with mold release or something, bc is looks smugged or distorted slightly on the flight plate. I have a lot of Ontario Rhynos like this. They feel gummy-ish, but not the super clear OG Gummy.

As for the true Gummy plastic your talking about...
I have two Spiders, one Shark, and 3 Ontario Rhynos that are from that run of plastic. The Rhynos are offten reffered to as "Glass Top". Some people call the later cloudy run "Glass Top" too, but I dont really consider those "Glass Top" bc they arent clear as glass. The true Gummy "Glass Tops" I have are LITERALLY clear as glass, gummy, and grippy as hell!

Pics:

Attachments

• Spider_1.jpg
    Spider_1.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Spider_2.jpg
    Spider_2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 32
  • Spiders.jpg
    Spiders.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 35
Pics of the Gummy "Glass Top" Rhynos & 11x Champ Aviars that are Gummy

Attachments

• Glass Top Rhynos.jpg
    Glass Top Rhynos.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 11x_Champ_Aviar SM.JPG
    11x_Champ_Aviar SM.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 11x_Champ_Aviar SM_Yellow_frt.JPG
    11x_Champ_Aviar SM_Yellow_frt.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 30
Nice! I want them all haha. Do you throw them ever? I wonder if it'd be worth throwing a post up in the marketplace to see if I could come up with one for a decent price. I really want a gummy Champion Shark now!

Nice! I want them all haha. Do you throw them ever? I wonder if it'd be worth throwing a post up in the marketplace to see if I could come up with one for a decent price. I really want a gummy Champion Shark now!

I'll throw a pic of the Shark up later when I get home. I didnt have one on my PC or Phone. That thing is really MONEY! It holds a beautiful anny line and is really nice and glidey. It will really bomb on a full power drive too.

I've actually never heard of guys liking them either. The old Champ Shark throwers I know, all like the pearlies and stuff.

Those are some of my absolute favorite Beasts, and I have some of the sexiest rarest old mold beasts out there!!

Attachments

• Beasts.jpg
    Beasts.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 35
Those are some of my absolute favorite Beasts, and I have some of the sexiest rarest old mold beasts out there!!

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Jealous! Mine is a yellow-ish clear glass one. Very pretty disc. I think I'm going to have to search for some more like this. Definitely would be fun to have a couple gummy drivers, maybe a couple gummy Sharks and a gummy 11x Aviar to make up a small bag.

I'll find somewhere to put a pic up later. Looking forward to seeing that Shark. I would love to throw this disc but not sure I'd ever find it again since it's so clear haha.

Any tips on finding gummy-ish discs at Gotta Go Gotta Throw tomorrow morning? If I feel up every Wraith and Teebird will I maybe find a softer one out of the bunch? Or what about non-Innova current run discs that are this type of gummy.

I know exactly the plastic run you're talking about, and I've got a few different molds that are from that run.

I wish I knew how to find more of these too, bc its some of the best feeling champ Plastic ever IMO. I do like the new Jolly Launcher though and some is softer than others, but not really like the same old Gummy mentioned here. I have a few 12x Eagle L's that are pretty gummy feeling, but they are the cloudy ones that were the last run of champ plastic that is still Pre flight #'s. That plastic seemed to have problems with mold release or something, bc is looks smugged or distorted slightly on the flight plate. I have a lot of Ontario Rhynos like this. They feel gummy-ish, but not the super clear OG Gummy.

As for the true Gummy plastic your talking about...
I have two Spiders, one Shark, and 3 Ontario Rhynos that are from that run of plastic. The Rhynos are offten reffered to as "Glass Top". Some people call the later cloudy run "Glass Top" too, but I dont really consider those "Glass Top" bc they arent clear as glass. The true Gummy "Glass Tops" I have are LITERALLY clear as glass, gummy, and grippy as hell!

Pics:

Yep those are the true gummy discs I'm talking about! Is that Spyder a rare disc?? What about the Rhyno? I am guessing the Sharks might be pretty widely sought after. What's a Rhyno and a Spyder used for in your bag (if you throw them)?

A lot of 150 class champ discs are also very gummy since its mostly "true" plastic. No metal salts added.

Yep those are the true gummy discs I'm talking about! Is that Spyder a rare disc?? What about the Rhyno? I am guessing the Sharks might be pretty widely sought after. What's a Rhyno and a Spyder used for in your bag (if you throw them)?

I don't actually bag a spider currently, but I would for like a 1 disc round or something. They are pretty OS, more than a champ Rancho Roc. They are a smaller diameter disc sort of like a Gator. In fact, they are like a longer faster Gator with way more glide. It's actually a great little mid!

Rhyno's are OS putters and very popular. Champ Rhynos, more specifically, are my go to driving putter for backhand drives, and my forehand approach disc for 75ft in. I like using them for forehand anny approaches and long basket runs.

I also pair the Rhyno with a DC CryZtal FLX Zone for forehand approaches from 150ft in.

Rhyno's are MONEY and a huge part of my game.

I have a 150 class eagle in this gummy plastic, and a 11x fb that is amazing! The firebird is definitely a go to for me. The eagle sits at home. But like you said, it is probably my favorite plastic to get ahold of, if I could get a couple teebirds and firebirds in this blend I would solely throw those. I have this candy pro beast that is close to the feel, but the rim is definitely stiffer.

Ninja edit: Some discraft cryztal flx feels very close to this, or really worn in cryztal in general. However I think the only cryztal drivers are nukes and avengers.

Aaaand confirmed the 150 11x eagle I have is this gummy "glass toppish" plastic as well. It's for sale/trade if anyone is interested out there...

Dang, snaked it from me in my own thread! When I have a wanted thread in the marketplace too! :clap:

Good job, sir.

I'm really just messing with you. Probably too expensive for me to be throwing it, which is my plan for any I can find.

If anyone else has gummy glass top stuff shoot me a PM please :)

I PM'ed you this morning.

I also bought a Champion Shark off eBay for a decent price. MultiPurpose labeled and glass top looking - definitely not pearly. HOPING it's the gummy stuff I'm looking for.

Latest posts