• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What happened to Corinth???

I hope that good things happen with this

HAHAHA. There were lines in that article that have me totally LMAO

what like this one?

"The Frisbee golf course in Irving is considered to be the best," Quisenberry said. "Ours was second, only because it's a 9-hole.

Those were WAY after the other ones I was thinking about

Save the Course

Save the Course
February 4th @ 6:30 p.m.

Issue:

Corinth residents are less than pleased at the arrival of Disc Golf.
(nature folks and cyclists.)

To date, their negativity has been enough to sway 'Board Members'.
(community volunteers)

Objective:
- Project a positive image for Disc Golf to 'Council Members'.
(final decision makers)

Timeline:
- Jan. 12th. - Trails Committee (nature folks) – Expressed Objections
- Jan. 19th. - Parks Board (nature folks) – Motioned against Disc Golf.
- Feb. 4th. – Council Meeting (Final Decision)

Solution:

Just 'Show up' and wear a 'Green Shirt'. If you are willing to speak, please let us know.
- Time: Thursday, February 4th @ 6:30 p.m.

Let's join together for this great cause. (Disc Golf)

Thank you,

Mike D
(940)368-7677
[email protected]

Aaron Q
(469)667-7601
[email protected]

how long would we need to hang around? 30 minutes I might be able to do. If it is running untill 9 I'm out (if I can make it at all).

Nice...they decided to not decide right now. I guess that leaves a little hope for the course's existence.

Really, there isnt that much grass out there anyways

Cities like Corinth ought to be begging for the type of volunteer labor that disc golfers offer to install a course. The benefits of having a course are far more numerous than the lack of one.

There are plenty of cities in the area that are being proactive in installing courses...Grand Prairie is the best example with Turner. North Richland Hills is also initiating actions to put a nice 18 hole course in on the south side of the city. They came to us.

This situation with Corinth is so backwards. They need to get there stuff together.

Oh well, I take some of those nice discatchers

such a bunch of political BS.

from my best understanding, the course had preliminary approval but not the official stamp of the city council, which was a mess as the article stated. aaron and mike jumped the gun and went ahead. when residents started complaining, the council had the opportunity to save face and back out since there was not already "official" approval.

it sucks because the course is gone essentially because the council didn't have their **** together. now i'm not blaming aaron and mike at all but if they had waited for official approval before installing the course, it think it would still be open. getting approval would have been easier before all the fairways had already been cleared and people gotten upset. there would have been significantly less opposition had they just waited.

plans are still being discussed to install a course in a new location...

Perfect examples of how not to build a disc golf course and how to misrepresent and mess up a city. I'm very happy that I don't live in Corinth.

Latest posts