• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Happens After An Ace?

All kidding aside...
My first ace was a blind ace... Could not see the basket but heard chains. I lost it. I LOST IT. It was during a dubs round. I started running toward the basket and realized I forgot my bag. The card was giving me the 'go check' arm wave. I saw red in the basket and let out the loudest 'F#*$ Yes'! An older couple happened to be walking a trail about 200' feet from the basket and asked if I got a 'hole in One'. I apologized for my outburst and told them it was my first. They gave the grandparent 'way to go' and I ran back realizing my partner still had not thrown.

I have never been there before...

I remember hitting my first and totally losing it. I rubbed it in for for the rest of the round, haha!

It was right after I started playing and is probably a big reason why I got hooked. By the time I hit ace #3 it turned into more of a "hell yea" and high five everyone on the card, that's about it.

I've never been one to commemorate or retire ace discs either. I hit an ace because I threw the disc well. If I throw a disc well, I'm gonna keep throwing it until I lose it, break it, or find something better. Of my 8 aces, I still only have three of the discs. The others are all lost, broken, or sold.

Only once and I never wrote on the disc, had it on a piece of paper the date I got it but I lost that in the 2000's. It was in my first month of play in August 2003 with a Rubber putter that my mom now has. I did like the mold just in wind the Rubber Putter and Areo discs do not do well for me. My dad has success with the mold in the wind but then his Rubber Putter is the newer baseline plastic with the DuPont added to the plastic, mine was the older plastic and under 170 grams.

I currently count it as ace with a * saying the old hole 3 I did this on at Powerhouse Ally was over a street and hole 3 is now way different and Have only an almost ace on that modern hole. I would have had an ace during a casual round the mid 2000's if the Mach III had the modern disc catching cadge on the bottom and not the old shorter one that all baskets except the Innova ones had at the time.

I only have 1 ace. I had only Been playing a couple months. It was the first throw with a new Truth. Did some jumping up and down and stuck it in my bag. I just knew that this was the disk that was going to solve all my throwing problems and make me a great disk golfer..............it didn't!

I only have 1 ace. I had only Been playing a couple months. It was the first throw with a new Truth. Did some jumping up and down and stuck it in my bag. I just knew that this was the disk that was going to solve all my throwing problems and make me a great disk golfer..............it didn't!

Ha! this reminds me. I have a tradition of going out and buying one of the same mold the day I ace with it. last time I couldn't find one locally so I blew it off. funny how I always look at those molds with more affection after an ace, though....

I'll put the hole number and date on them, and have any witnesses sign the disc. Then the disc gets retired anfd I'll replace it with one of my backups. I used to keep them in the bag until I lost my favorite Pig on a terrible throw over a water carry. The hole should be idiot proof, but that one shank job into the water keeps me from ever wanting to throw my ace discs again. I figure that my ace discs have paid the iron price for their retirement.

I simply write a tally mark on the disc. I have one putter with 3 tallies.

And no other discs with tallies.

I do a couple of things that have been listed out here. But after that I usually bogey the next hole..........

some wooping & high 5s, run and grab out of basket, put the date & signatures on it. keep throwing it until i find a replacement & then put it on the wall of fame.

Depends on the situation for me. If it is in a casual round or alone - nothing. if it is in a tourney or to take the ace pot in league, I get it signed. Next time i will take the selfie as well. Ive only been playing four months and have 5 of them. 3 of them I was playing alone, which makes them not really count IMO. I have 3 in ball golf that i don't count in addition to the 6 that I do count, though when talking about aces, i usually bring them up. :)

I wrote the first one down on the inside of the rim. Second one, too. After that, I felt like I was getting so hot that I'd cause a worldwide shortage in Sharpies...

I kid. But I did stop after the second one. Only had a few more, and got photos taken when I had two that happened in the same round. That was just bonkers enough to warrant a little posing...

And I keep throwing those discs. I mean, what else are you supposed to throw at a pin you've aced? Forget wall-hanging; I want that sucker to taste chains again.

Used to mark the disc. Write it down at home on a list. After #15 (not a brag...plenty of people have wayyyyyyyy more), it gets old. Now I just have a mental count of total number (18).

Enjoy the moment. Strut like a peacock for a minute. Then get ready to shank your next shot, because it's inevitable.

Usually just write the minimal info on the inside rim of the lucky disc. Course, Hole, Tee and date as short as possible. Gotta leave some room for the future aces. So far just my champion color glow Roc3 has multiples, racked in up 3 in about a three month span.

Also mark them on my profile on Disc Golf Scene which makes it easy to keep track of. Allows you to enter disc type, course info and any money made from the ace. Currently sitting at 14 total with 9 super legit ones and 5 ace race modified aces.

Latest posts