• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part V)?

IMG-20190520-074637.jpg

This is it, picture didn't work above

Yeah, these are the original truths before the mold changed and they had to make the eMac truth. Historically, something happened to this mold and it became less stable than emac had hoped for. Thus, the truth became the truth and they made the emac truth to more closely resemble the original runs of these truths you have pictured.

They are awesome fliers but hard to price. I have seen people asking for like 60 bucks for each one but then I have also seen them go on ebay for less than 10 in no reserve auctions. It is brand new though, so I would imagine you could split the difference and get closer to 30 depending on the weight.

undefinedr.jpg

Anything special about this eMac Truth? Been in my storage bin for about 3 or 4 years I'd guess. 10/10 no ink.

The above estimate is good. My advice is to go to the trilogy dollar disc golf auction page on Facebook. You can set a minimum starting bid so you don't get hosed and the page is a centralized location for the type of player that would be interested in this disc.

I also know jmdaire27 wants these and maybe he'd give you good value for it. Could shoot him a PM, too.

So I got an opaque yellow 11x kc pro gazelle from a guy at my local course for dirt cheap. It feels exactly like all the opaque ce discs I've ever felt, so it's definitely at the very least ce blend, if not straight up ce plastic. It looks like a great thrower (a couple of dings and some normal aging, inked)...sleepy scale 7/10? Is there still a market for these gazelles and if so how much would it fetch?

I also have a 2005 Ken Climo 4-time USDGC champion glow roc.....smooooothest roc I've ever thrown....but I have never been able to find any info on the color that I have. It's a dark swirly blue with a white stamp. I've been throwing it for a little less than a year and it's got that same used wear and tear that the 11x gazelle has (7 or 8/10?). What info can y'all give me on this particular disc and how much are the used ones going for?

Also, I'll post pics as soon as I can.

So I got an opaque yellow 11x kc pro gazelle from a guy at my local course for dirt cheap. It feels exactly like all the opaque ce discs I've ever felt, so it's definitely at the very least ce blend, if not straight up ce plastic. It looks like a great thrower (a couple of dings and some normal aging, inked)...sleepy scale 7/10? Is there still a market for these gazelles and if so how much would it fetch?
11X Gazelles were made after CE (2000-2001) and Candy Pro (2002-2003) TPE's were gone, starting around 2004. They are all Champion plastic.
The CE proto Gazelle was, I think, the third or fourth CE mold Dave made, fresh, its a $500 disc. The Candy Fund Raiser tourney Gazelles in Candy Pro, fresh, are $100.00 or more.

5447567498_046d4599da_z.jpg

Heavier 11X get more cash, 150 class, not so much. Mint @ 175 grams would draw $ 50-100
11X new were originally sold for about 20% more than standard Champion discs.

7/10, depending again on weight, might get you 20 bucks from the right buyer. These were flatter on top than the earlier runs, and were pretty much right in the middle of the stability range. Its a GREAT disc to throw, I would suggest you put it in the bag.

Old Bag of Discs!

Hey All - new to the forums, just got back into the sport after about 10 years off. I've got a little stack of discs that I'm curious to know the value of... Wanna know if I should throw them or if they are better for sell / trade perhaps:

2006 Augusta Wraith
Champion Sidewinder
Champ TeeBird
5x Champ Valkyrie
Ontario Big Bird Roc 179g
Ontario DeLa Stamp Roc 180g
2005 USDGC Flagsticks Champion Roc
11x KC Pro Rancho Roc 180g
First run pro Aviar
Champ Gator

I'm fairly sure all the champion plastics are max weight, but would have to weigh to know for sure. Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• discpic.jpg
    discpic.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 86
Hey All - new to the forums, just got back into the sport after about 10 years off. I've got a little stack of discs that I'm curious to know the value of... Wanna know if I should throw them or if they are better for sell / trade perhaps:

2006 Augusta Wraith
Champion Sidewinder
Champ TeeBird
5x Champ Valkyrie
First run pro Aviar
Champ Gator

I'm fairly sure all the champion plastics are max weight, but would have to weigh to know for sure. Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Depending on what is said about the values I might be interested in that Teebird.

So I was looking through Ebay and came across this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Innov...m=183762013747&_trksid=p2045573.c100667.m2042

Seems to me he's asking collector price for something that based on wear and ink is a thrower. My offers were quickly rejected just want to know if my thinking is out of place and disc is worth more or less what is being asked. Way more than i'm paying for a disc.

Yeah, I was trying to look up some of the discs I posted and prices are all over the place on ebay. I think a lot of people just throw out crazy buy it now numbers to see if anyone takes the bait.

Yeah, I was trying to look up some of the discs I posted and prices are all over the place on ebay. I think a lot of people just throw out crazy buy it now numbers to see if anyone takes the bait.

Ebay is tough that way for a lot of things.
Need to know what things are selling for not what they are being listed for.

2006 Augusta Wraith
Champion Sidewinder
Champ TeeBird
5x Champ Valkyrie
First run pro Aviar
Champ Gator

The teebird, assuming it is an 11x, is probably 40-50ish depending on weight and condition. The gator looks awesome, I'd say 50 maybe depending on condition. The roc could be big to the right person, 30 - 40. I have heard those wraiths are sought after, but I am not sure of the value

The teebird, assuming it is an 11x, is probably 40-50ish depending on weight and condition. The gator looks awesome, I'd say 50 maybe depending on condition. The roc could be big to the right person, 30 - 40. I have heard those wraiths are sought after, but I am not sure of the value

Thanks Seth! Of course the discs you mentioned are in my bag and not the ones I've had on the shelf for 10 years. The thing is I feel like I could get cheaper replacements for them... other than the Wraith which flies better than the new faster discs I've picked up recently (for me).

I don't understand what makes the older discs more desirable... part of the reason I posted!

I will agree with the Gator, maybe even a tad more then $50 as a lot of players want the old Champion and not the New Champion Metal Flake or the Champion 3 as MF lacks glide and the 3 top is like the old 2000's completely flat top Gator in any plastic in that as soon as one can see the spin of the disc slow down the disc drops out of the sky. I hear that new Gators that are Flat top in any plastic do about the same. That USDGC disc is also a Champion Gator and if it is a almost flat top disc, they go for big bucks about $50-$60 maybe $65 because they do not have as bad a glide problem that the completely flat top Gators had in the 2000's or that the limited run 3 top Champion Innova is selling right now, also the USDGC tournament logo makes them more collectible for some reason.

Those old DX circle ROC are highly sought after and can get as high as $50 but more likely to be sold in the $30-$45 range.

If I remember right I was told the Champion Wraith was first released in 2006 for the Worlds, before that the DX and Pro were all you could get for the disc mold as if Innova had been testing the mold to see if it would sell. This however does not help with price but does help to know that the Champion Worlds is very sought after and if selling, $40 would be the minimum starting bid for the week long process you have for the disc.

That Valkyrie if it is not a super stiff Champion from the first few runs but rather the gummy stuff then more of the Valkyrie throwers will go for the disc. Somehow the Stiff Champion was never desirable to most of the Valkyrie players unless it was a high dome Valkyrie as then it did not matter grip wise as to how the Champion was for a higher dome Valkyrie. The disc will sell for $30-$40 probably not much more then $45 seeing as how the plastic doesn't have a single bright color in the I-Dye and that makes the disc harder to see on the ground in some circumstances.

I don't understand what makes the older discs more desirable... part of the reason I posted!

Depends on the disc but in general, the older champ plastic is just better. Lasts longer and has better grip. Some people prefer the older versions of discs because the mold pieces might have been tweaked after the first runs, or just changed altogether like with the new roadrunners and sidewinders.

Depends on the disc but in general, the older champ plastic is just better. Lasts longer and has better grip. Some people prefer the older versions of discs because the mold pieces might have been tweaked after the first runs, or just changed altogether like with the new roadrunners and sidewinders.

Not always true about the better grip, some of the Glow Champion of 2010's had great grip and now so does Champion as they dropped the Jolly Luncher stiff versions. However that old 2000's Champion had some of the best durability of any brand besides the old Elite Z with Elite Z, old Discraft logo, and name of disc being like a raised part on the mold. Lastly that old Champion was possibly on par with the old Opto Line that Latitude first came out with in mid 2000's, the one that was like Metal Flake Champion that Innova makes.

I will agree that some like the Roadrunner and Sidewinders got changed more so in Champion and other premium plastics then in DX if the mold comes in that. A good example is the Leopard that it has changed in the premium plastics having tweaks made to it for a pro in the 2000's some time but not DX as that has not changed. These are reasons why Innova made the Leopard 3 in that disc is more the way an old Leopard or DX Leopard flies and Pro sponsored players were wanting a DX Leopard with the way it flies in premium plastic.

KC Pro Teebird 11x

Used but not thrashed. Worth anything or just another Teebird?

Attachments

• kcproteebird.jpg
    kcproteebird.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 56
I will agree with the Gator, maybe even a tad more then $50 as a lot of players want the old Champion and not the New Champion Metal Flake or the Champion 3 as MF lacks glide and the 3 top is like the old 2000's completely flat top Gator in any plastic in that as soon as one can see the spin of the disc slow down the disc drops out of the sky. I hear that new Gators that are Flat top in any plastic do about the same. That USDGC disc is also a Champion Gator and if it is a almost flat top disc, they go for big bucks about $50-$60 maybe $65 because they do not have as bad a glide problem that the completely flat top Gators had in the 2000's or that the limited run 3 top Champion Innova is selling right now, also the USDGC tournament logo makes them more collectible for some reason.

Those old DX circle ROC are highly sought after and can get as high as $50 but more likely to be sold in the $30-$45 range.

If I remember right I was told the Champion Wraith was first released in 2006 for the Worlds, before that the DX and Pro were all you could get for the disc mold as if Innova had been testing the mold to see if it would sell. This however does not help with price but does help to know that the Champion Worlds is very sought after and if selling, $40 would be the minimum starting bid for the week long process you have for the disc.

That Valkyrie if it is not a super stiff Champion from the first few runs but rather the gummy stuff then more of the Valkyrie throwers will go for the disc. Somehow the Stiff Champion was never desirable to most of the Valkyrie players unless it was a high dome Valkyrie as then it did not matter grip wise as to how the Champion was for a higher dome Valkyrie. The disc will sell for $30-$40 probably not much more then $45 seeing as how the plastic doesn't have a single bright color in the I-Dye and that makes the disc harder to see on the ground in some circumstances.

Thanks Casey! Yeah that Gator is a really great disc. In a headwind it gets used on almost every hole, but in any condition it has really good glide for being a slower overstable disc. It's got a nice skip too if played correctly. From what you've described it sounds like it would be difficult for me to replace it with a new disc (I came back from 10yrs off to find a million new molds and have not caught up at all).

As for the USDC disc, I'm 99% sure its a Roc. I've held off throwing it for so long that I wanted to see if it's value had appreciated enough to sell it (my initial intent), but I'm thinking now that I'll just say screw it and put it in the bag. I have a feeling it could be a go-to disc for a long time.

I'm surprised on the DX circle Roc though, that would be something worth selling I think.

Your memory on the Wraith is spot on! I was excited when the Wraith came out and scored on that one... I alluded to it before, but I recently went out and bought a stack of new discs thinking they'd be better now (one would, right?), but somehow I can "bomb" a Shryke or a Tern and then throw that Wraith low and flat and the discs will end up at the same distance. It also holds anhyser and doesn't flip like those discs can... it always wants to flex out (nice and late as long as it isn't up too high).

On the Valk - its really stiff and if it's wet out it just doesn't feel safe, haha. At one time I had it bagged but I just end up using the wraith for the same type of shots. Your point about dye is a good one, that thing wants to get lost.

Thanks again for your post and for everyone's help. It's a nice little community here.