• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your main driver?

Started throwing my DX wraith as my main go-to, but recently discovered mambas and sidewinders in champion plastic.

The catfish of course. It's An off brand driver, that is rated to 10k rpm, and made of the most grawsome ( that's great and awesome ) unobtanium plastic . I think it rated at at speed 56 , cause U can't drive 55........and where is the poop icon?

My noodle arm likes the MVP Amp. The Servo might give the Amp some competition as the most used driver in my bag.

You haven't out grown the boss mold haha. Anyways I have more than one for sure

174g pinnacle rival really easy to throw straight and far
176g opto xxx very overstable
170g proline hurricane extra far flying but still easy to throw straight
175g sparkle hurricane overstable and long

I throw several other drivers but at least those 4 are definitely go tos. The rival is maybe the most versatile of the four.

I out grew a BB aviar as my main driving putter. it turns are burns every single time... it must be the disc right... :doh:

I'm guessing that boss is too overstable to suit your Golfing needs. I suggest a trespass or destroyer for more accuracy. You won't have to put as much on your shots, and instead can aim more.

The Blizzard Boss is the farthest flying disc on the market today. Complements of its incredible speed and glide, I used it to throw the current men's distance world record of 836 feet. I keep one in my bag for long distance backhand drives and sidearms. It is available in a wide range of weights which makes it a great choice for players of all skill levels.
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/distance-drivers/speed-13/boss.html

If you're really throwing 475 consistently with your boss and actually hitting the spots on the fairway that you're aiming for, then that's great. Pat yourself on the back and start working on other parts of your game (putting for example). If 475 is really only your max ever measured throw, or you can throw 475, but you can't make it land within 40 feet of your target then you could still improve your driving, especially with regards to accuracy. Even top pros often only throw 500 feet or so on a flat with no wind during a round. Mostly, I think it's harder to throw longer than that accurately for just about anybody. Accuracy is way more important on a drive that max distance. If you can consistently drive 475 accurately, then you have enough distance to score well on just about any course I can think of, so you should be working on other things.

If you're really throwing 475 consistently with your boss and actually hitting the spots on the fairway that you're aiming for, then that's great. Pat yourself on the back and start working on other parts of your game (putting for example). If 475 is really only your max ever measured throw, or you can throw 475, but you can't make it land within 40 feet of your target then you could still improve your driving, especially with regards to accuracy. Even top pros often only throw 500 feet or so on a flat with no wind during a round. Mostly, I think it's harder to throw longer than that accurately for just about anybody. Accuracy is way more important on a drive that max distance. If you can consistently drive 475 accurately, then you have enough distance to score well on just about any course I can think of, so you should be working on other things.

That's crazy! I throw a 390' and I'm stoked. I still cant get how the WR is like 900' or something crazy like that. Cant even imagine.

A lot of people find that destroyers handle a wider range of power than a boss, they're more popular with the top level big distance guys.

It is a little misleading to say you're putting "too much spin" on the disc. Spin stabilizes the disc, and gives it more glide and distance potential.

:thmbup: The Destroyer is my workhorse distance driver mold. I cycle Star Destroyers & carry five of them in my bag. I've found the Destroyer handles power better than the Boss like mashnut said. I may get a few extra feet with the Boss but the Destroyer is more consistent and accurate for me. I also like that the rim is smaller on the Destroyer than the Boss. From what I've seen most ams prefer the Destroyer to the Boss, as do most Innova pros. I agree with others that you haven't outgrown the Boss. I've been throwing Destroyers for a few years now and I don't think that will change anytime soon. As far as fairway drivers go my workhorse mold is the Teebird. There's a reason they're so popular and a lot of people on DGCR are always saying that this or that mold is "a longer Teebird". The Teebird is the most thrown driver mold in my bag. I only throw Champion Teebirds & use them for backhand, sidearm, thumber & tomahawk shots. Teebirds are great for shaping lines & throwing long lasers at full power. I highly recommend Destroyers & Teebirds, especially if you throw as far as you claim to.

I know what you mean by the boss isnt handling your power anymore. I would guess it's probably a star plastic and broke in. Hence the not liking it.

My suggestion is one buy a champion plastic boss because it's generally more stable and will stay there longer. Second release the boss on a hyzer and learn to hyzer flip. The biggest distance throwers throw hyzer flips with the boss. So you can't out grow it but it may be to understable for golf.

Finally my disc of choice because I had similar problems with my nukes (I didn't out grow them they had to much lateral movement for golf. So I went to a force and TOTALLY loving it! Esp has just incredible glide! It's by far my favorite!

I kinda out grown a Boss because I was putting to much spin on it, I have been temp using the Destroyer and I am getting about 475.

I think this whole thread is just a troll. But my main drivers are Valkyries and I also like throwing Firedbirds.

I think this whole thread is just a troll.

Most likely ;)

Playing along - for this noob I am liking my Vibram Trak. It flies like an Eagle but is grippy and durable. I also like how I can get to go as far as the folks at Inbounds say it should. Cannot say the same about my other drivers.