• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your main driver?

I mainly use my Comets as my driver on a lot of holes.

My main Distance Driver is a Saint though,it feels great in my hand and it does what I want it to and that is go far,accurate and straight. :thmbup:

Maybe the boss is a 130g R-Pro boss that hit one tree and now won't do anything but turn over?

I kinda out grown a Boss because I was putting to much spin on it, I have been temp using the Destroyer and I am getting about 475.

I outgrew the boss too so my main driver is an Aerobie epic, that thing handles all the spin I can give it! But you probably wont like it till you throw about 550':p

As far as distance goes, I'm always using a force. It's the most consistent mold i've ever thrown. When I pick up a new one I know how it will fly. It will fly straight as hell and then finish left. Beat them in and you have yourself a nice s turn disc.

So I went to a force and TOTALLY loving it! Esp has just incredible glide! It's by far my favorite!

If you like the Force, you'll love the Hurricane. The ones I have all have less lateral movement than my Forces. The Force is a bit more HSS. The Hurricane has more glide and a more forward penetrating fade. They feel almost exactly like a Force. I switch between having a Hurricane as my flippiest Force, and having a Force as my most overstable Hurricane.

He outgrew it by becoming more mature and discing down to more sensible discs. :|

I mostly use my TD:s. I carry three of them in S-line. Can do just about anything with them and they're really useful at my home course as It's pretty wooded. The 170g is the longest flyer of my TD:s. About 400" with dead straight line:thmbup:

If you like the Force, you'll love the Hurricane. The ones I have all have less lateral movement than my Forces. The Force is a bit more HSS. The Hurricane has more glide and a more forward penetrating fade. They feel almost exactly like a Force. I switch between having a Hurricane as my flippiest Force, and having a Force as my most overstable Hurricane.

I do this too. Can confirm this is a great combo.

I've been a Beast lover for a looong time, even though it is still slightly too fast for me. I've been trying to disc down to my GL River, but I think the Beast will remain a staple in my bag for the foreseeable future.

A lot of people find that destroyers handle a wider range of power than a boss, they're more popular with the top level big distance guys.

It is a little misleading to say you're putting "too much spin" on the disc. Spin stabilizes the disc, and gives it more glide and distance potential.

That top part is very helpful. What happens is that with overspin the disc becomes very understable and sometimes I can put it on a slight slant and it equalizes but sometimes it does not go well.

You have been playing for 3.5 years, only played four courses and you've outgrown your boss? Wtf :sick:

Last summer I decided that I was going to be the 2013 Mid-Atlantic AM champ, So in the summer of 2012 I was playing 8-12 rounds a week and I started throwing about 200ft and the Summer of 2013 I was throwing 475ft and I am the 2013 Mid-Atlantic Champ.

That top part is very helpful. What happens is that with OAT the disc becomes very understable and sometimes I can put it on a slight slant and it equalizes but sometimes it does not go well.

Fixed it for you. :thmbup:

Latest posts