• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What should I add or remove ?

Nightwalk25

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 7 Months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH (standing still no Xstep), some OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
Putter: 290' 177g Opto Pure
Mid: Roc3 315' 180g
Driver: Gold Line River 385' 173g
Max D: Star Wraith 428' 174g

Grip: I recently changed my grip to a modified power grip where I tuk the disc in at the base of my fingers vs my palm , I couldn't get any control or snap at all doing it like that. I recently came from having my index finger on the side of the disk but realized how much power I was losing and went to that power grip.

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiency?: None
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Kind of all over the place - I took all of my 12+ speed drives out of my bag only kept my Wraith but seems like my games suffering since ?

Specific areas of desired feedback: What is your thought about discing down ?
Immediate and long-term goals: Learn how to make more pinpoint shots vs just distance

Drivers:
167g Icon Cannon
169g Xlink Lace
174g ESP Nuke
174g Z Nuke OS
174g Goldline Bolt
172g Prodigy Proto D1
152g Blizzard Champ Destroyer
173g Star Huk Labs Destroyer
167g Champ Tern
173g Goldline Flow
172g Star Wraith
175g Champ Mamba
166g Star Beast

FW Drivers:
173g Goldline Fury
169g Goldline Saint
173g Star Sidewinder
171g Nur Volt
166g Nur Amp
169g Z Xpress
169g Star TL Teebird
174g VIP Warship
172g Goldline River
169g ESP Stalker
177g Ti Stalker

Mids
169g VIP Underworld
154g DX Leopard
169g DX Leopard
153g DX Leopard
172g Star Leopard
171g Nur Axis
174g Prot Tangent
172g ESP FLX Buzz
177g Ti Buzz
177g Champ Roc3
168g X Stratus
169g Star Mako
150g DX Shark
172g Crystal Z Zone
177g Opto Pure

Putters
178g X Banger
173g SSS Wizard
173g Icon Clutch
173g Soft APX

This is basically everything I have at this second. I took All of my drivers out but my huk labs destroyer and my Wraith / Nuke OS. I only take my Icon Clutch with me for a putter too, it feels the best to me and I make way more putts with it than I do the softer plastics. I keep 2 DX leopards in my bag, one light and one heavy for turn overs that need a hard right vs a slow sweeping right (underworld).

I can say my most confident disk in my bag is my river and my fury. I throw them about as far as anything else and they actually S like they are supposed to or slowly fade right. I threw my star beast around for a bit thinking I could get that thing to S that my arm was up to 10 speed and thing just dives left on me so took it out.

Basically do you guys see anything else I need to add or any advice on weights ? I'm going to order a ESP 173 buzz tonight because I completely hate my Ti Buzz. It throws NOTHING like my ESP FLX one at all. I can put annhyzer on it and it wont fly straight comes back hard left at the end. its extremely annoying. Ive been sticking in the 169-173 range for weight , recently I picked up a few in the 175+ range and not sure how I feel about them yet.

So far my best round and first ace came last weekend. At one of the harder courses I play (Oshtemo Township Park) I shot a 3 over , and at the easier place Kalamazoo Air Zoo I shot -8 (I put a super good round together)

Any feed back would be great!

Also I have no forehand shot at all :( I haven't really figure out how to throw like that , they go like 100feet tops

Drivers:
167g Icon Cannon (I got this and threw it like a meat hook, then straight, now out of my bag)
169g Xlink Lace ( I used when I first started just too much speed for me though)
174g ESP Nuke (Was using for a driver, liked the destroyer / wraith better)
174g Z Nuke OS (Left hard holes)
174g Goldline Bolt (Used for my main driver a long time, started turning over hard benched)
172g Prodigy Proto D1 (Was using for hard lefts , replaced with Nuke OS)
152g Blizzard Champ Destroyer (benched too light)
173g Star Huk Labs Destroyer (Other main driver for longer S shots)
167g Champ Tern (didnt really like it benched)
173g Goldline Flow (benched too OS like the saint)
172g Star Wraith (Main Driver)
175g Champ Mamba (Thumber / hawk disc)
166g Star Beast (benched)

FW Drivers:
173g Goldline Fury (Testing - Love it so far longer river with more movement)
169g Goldline Saint (Benched too OS for me)
173g Star Sidewinder (Testing)
171g Nur Volt ( Fairway shots that are 250-350' and need a hair left finish)
166g Nur Amp (Benched highly dislike it)
169g Z Xpress (Turns over too much , benched)
169g Star TL Teebird (Dead straight shots)
174g VIP Warship (Testing haven't figured this thing out yet)
172g Goldline River (Pretty straight / to the right 20 feet at the end finishes)
169g ESP Stalker (Long S shots)
177g Ti Stalker (Was going to replace ESP stalker, but I hate it so far)

Mids
169g VIP Underworld (Slow sweeping rights)
154g DX Leopard (Right hand shots that are able to roll)
169g DX Leopard (Right hand shots that dont turn into rollers)
153g DX Leopard (Replacement if I ever lose my 154g)
172g Star Leopard (Benched old driver)
171g Nur Axis (Replaced by Buzz)
174g Prot Tangent ( Slow tailing right finishes)
172g ESP FLX Buzz (Straight shots
177g Ti Buzz (Testing - So far hate it)
177g Champ Roc3 (Testing but so far like it for left shots and straight)
168g X Stratus (Slow right turn up shots)
169g Star Mako (Benched)
150g DX Shark (Benched
172g Crystal Z Zone (Drives and Upshots that need a hard left)
177g Opto Pure (80% of upshots and a few S drives)

Putters
178g X Banger ( Short putts)
173g SSS Wizard (Just put this on the shelf for the Clutch)
173g Icon Clutch (Main Putter)
173g Soft APX (Used for about a month didnt like how soft it was)

Added uses, I couldnt edit it fast enough :(

Holy crap. Is this what's in your bag or your collection? If it's your collection, can you post what's in your bag separately?

Please give the DRivers/Mids/Putters list with what you actually carry. It SOUNDS like:

Drivers
Nuke OS - utility o/s
Wraith - Main D
Fury - ???

Fairway drivers
River
DX Leo x2
Stalker

Mids:
FLX Buzzz
???

Putters
Opto Pure
Clutch

7 months in and you can throw almost 430'? If you actually can, that's great. But if you're stretching the truth a bit, the advice that you're going to get won't be as accurate...

I threw 385 from a standstill the other day. But I also cheated the line and wasn't aiming. So....

(I throw about 475 with my high speed stuff with an x-step)...

Not to say it can't be done, but I'm with these guys. What are you measuring with?

I threw 385 from a standstill the other day. But I also cheated the line and wasn't aiming. So....

(I throw about 475 with my high speed stuff with an x-step)...

Not to say it can't be done, but I'm with these guys. What are you measuring with?

Measured with one of those wheels you measure property lines with, was in wide open maybe 5mph wind at best. I have some power but not being able to X step yet kinda sucks (my form is so bad)

My best on the course throw so far as far as distance / being somewhat near the pin was 365' ended up within 5 feet of the basket

More less asking what I should carry to mostly improve my game. Like I said I took all my drives out because its rather pointless at this point I think. That and changing grips made my drivers(12+) even worse.

Last edited:
Something weird is going on if you have ti buzzzes dumping on you, or beasts dumping on you if you have that much distance power. I throw about 375' and have never had a buzzz dump, especially ti, and all the beasts I've thrown have been flippier than as described. I don't know, might need more info.