• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What turn the key is missing

Can we please agree to get back to discussing disc golf content and just be happy about who we have around us? These could be wonderful times indeed.
Agreed. That's the only reason I'm here. This is an area of intense interest to me, not any interpersonal drama that - quite frankly - would be washed away if we were all at a putting league somewhere chatting it up.

I've left this bit behind at the moment to focus on where I place tension in the throw hand. Some vid I watched suggested instead of focusing on pinching the rim, which activates a great amount on tension in the wrist, that you focus on tension in the crease of the hand—essentially the 2/3/4 area and the pinky (back loaded). This is indeed producing more dynamism, and for me spin and stability. I still struggle with early release as I get more power/speed in the swing, but that's another issue that is more individual. Not sold yet, but also not having any consistent nose-up issues.

I built my throw on the lore of "a straight and flat swing plane"... I get some nose down action from the way I snap my arm downwards but largely leave the wrist out of it and snap it straightish (I feel like haha).

One of the issues I continually have with nose up shots is when I don't get my disc deep enough into the crease of my hand. CGKDISC was talking about loss of distance with loss of grip, that kind of adds up with my crease locking. I like to move my fingers and tighten it into my hand before throwing, usually my disc has pronounced divot between my middle finger and thumb while gripped. Sometimes I forget and it's less than ideal haha

Latest posts