• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

Star tern. Too flippy.
D3. Too meaty.
lucid renegade. Made me too good of a golfer, and now that i lost it, i suck and my self esteem sucks. Everything sucks! Merry Christmas!

Star Terns are almost useless in anything but a tailwind. I only throw mine one really wind open shots with either no wind or a big tailwind. Too flippy for anything else.

Back when I first started, I bought one of the proto E -Speed Demons(Edge). I could only get that thing to go about 100 feet before diving back into the ground. Now that I have a few years under my belt, I miss that disc a great deal. One disc that was a complete turd, but was highly touted was the Nuke. So inconsistent for me. One is wicked overstable, the next is wicked understable.

Every MVP disc i've purchased has been less than impressive. I will say that their plastic seems to be durable but as far as flight goes none are anything special. The whole Gyro technology thing is just a load of crap made up by someone in marketing.

The Volt. Flew as advertised but lasted maybe 2 tree hits before getting a nasty gash in the rim. 2 tree's! Still butt hurt about it. Stopped throwing it altogether and have no desire to throw anything but their putters. I do love me some anode.

I Hated, like I couldn't believe how floppy and I throwable my soft ibex was when I pulled it out of the box. While I enjoy throwing c line dad's they are way more meat hooky than I thought they'd be.

I have to say the Anode. Just complete garbage disc. Horrible plastic and grip. I threw it in the water and enjoyed watching it sink. Made my day.

Lol haters going to hate all day.

This is classic DGCR. Shout fanboi's all day when reality we at least keep it real.

MVP domination.

In my lifetime I will say the Westside King because the flight numbers are a total joke, its flippier than a bolt. Close consolation prizes go to Innova Champion Leopard, I personally can not get any glide out of them at all, my drone goes a little farther for me, I found the River and use that instead for me. Others include big bead Aviars, Lycan and Surge.

This last year easily the Saint Pro. It has good glide but the 0 for a turn and 4 for a fade are a joke, First throw with it I got a -1 to a -2 turn out of it with about a 2-3 fade.

I got a ProD Rattlr one time and that was in person. I walked around the store with it and for some reason still bought it despite hating everything about it. I think I just didn't want to put it back and look stupid after carrying it with me. I had heard it was something cool and might replace the dx condor a friend jacked for taking out to the lake and messing around with. I ended up giving it to a guy who doesn't even play disc golf and I think he did illegal things on top of it or maybe just used it for shooting practice. I wasted my seven dollars.

Avenger SS...... I don't even want to talk about it....I mean....just.....ugh :thmbdown:

Also, while I'm surprised about the MVP hate, I ain't mad at it. Brings balance to the DGCR universe. MVP for life ya heard me.

Resistor. Incredibly flat, reliably beefy, great for OHs, while also being readily available down into the mid to high 150s:. I wanted so badly to love it but couldn't get past the uber-+ rim. I'd disagree with the sentiment that all MVPs have some kind of plus rim, but even if they do, the other molds are not nearly as pronounced as the Resistor.

On the same subject, I'm not really loving any of my non-soft MVP in the cold temperatures. Good thing my VIP SS hooked me up with some tacky glow Vibram for the cold and sometimes dark winter rounds :thmbup:

I know this is off topic but what the hell is a plus rim? And let me contribute... Innova Archangel, Aerobie Epic and Legacy Clutch. Hate them all.

Slants outward vs being straight where you're fingers grip inside.. All discs slant a little to release from the mold but not as much as say lat. 64 riot or innova +molds

Slants outward vs being straight where you're fingers grip inside.. All discs slant a little to release from the mold but not as much as say lat. 64 riot or innova +molds

oh man i forgot about the riot. that disc is worthless. the +mold was outrageous, way beefier than described. ill never touch one again. also i have some newer runs of sidewinders that are borderline plus molds but there is a whole different thread for that conversation.

MVP NANO. That thing just has NO glide. It has more HSS than advertised and no Low Speed Stability.

Latest posts