• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

oh man i forgot about the riot. that disc is worthless. the +mold was outrageous, way beefier than described. ill never touch one again. also i have some newer runs of sidewinders that are borderline plus molds but there is a whole different thread for that conversation.

Riots actually work really well if you work them on low lines, so just for that they found a spot in my bag. My worst purchase would be blizzard teedevils. Soooooooooo flippy! Pretty much useless, except I keep one for the woods for short tomahawks that need to flip quick and dive left.

OutSide the plus rim prolly one of lat. 64 more consistent of their mold and really underrated imo. Its a better saint.

Force. I need a headwind driver and I got a glideless pos meathook. It was my fault. I should have known

roc Probably because of my form but still.

Nuke ss for reasons already stated.

Mvp volt. Way more OS Than my shock..

Although I still throw it, I would say the Tensor. I'm not disappointed because I think it's a bad disc, but because it didn't turn out to be what I was expecting. I thought it would kick the Zone out of my bag, but it's no where near that O/S. Still very useful though.

Opto Halo, river, Ion, star katana

Halo was just awful, the river i got was much more hss than advertised, got used to it, loved it, subsequent river purchases werent the same.
Ion was mostly a feel thing. Katana was frustrating because i thought the cowtana was stable enough to still be a flippyish distance disc but the early stock katanas were flat and very OS and just crappy in general

Flow X 2. Neither did anything for me.

D4. Was so understable, i could not keep it in the air even at low power.

I remember reading somewhere on here when Ions went from the early opaque plastic to the current translucent version of proton how awesome they were and how they finally flew the way they were intended to. So, I bought one. I must have gotten a freak. It was way overstable. So overstable that I broke out a Sharpie and wrote "Might as well be a Rhyno" on the underside and gave it to BrotherDave.

That was my single most disappointing disc purchase I've made, but I've enjoyed every other MVP disc I've had, and I love me some Tangents.

:thmbup: for being one of the only people to dismiss MVP discs. I am not an MVP hater but I really get sick of how much people fap over them. I have an Ion and Tangent and I love my Tangie but I can't stand when someone here says "recommend me a Discraft disc!" and then receives "buy MVP, you'll thank me later /thread" which has happened VERY much on this forum.

What's right for some may not be right for all :)

I really like the Amp...it has a flight path I haven't found in another disc...but it's fair to say I haven't used a ton of true understable discs. I liked the Ion, but it just wasn't better than a Wizard or Judge for me. I'm still playing around with the Anode, but the glide on the MVP putters I've tried is just hard to dial in for me. Everything else just didn't feel good in my hand.

stag - because the flight ratings were off so far
still a good disc, but not what i wanted

river - too sensitive for my crappy skills
still a good disc, but not for me (yet)

Kinda surprised the Prometheus didn't get mentioned more in this thread.
Prometheus represents the only time I've made a custom stamp and have zero interest in owning one of the stamped discs. It's the one and only out of 200+ stamps that has not been brought into my collection.

The last time I was disappointed in a disc I bought... wow, gotta say it was one of the first that I bought, a Champ Banshee, and it just wasn't right for my arm. I've been hugely disappointed in how certain discs turned out (WWW Sentinels, Star Rhynos, etc) and subsequently didn't purchase one. Probably has a lot to do with having pro shops to feel and try things before I put down money.

I actually can say that there are no discs that I have purchased that turned out ****ty/etc etc.
there are a couple I traded for that I didn't 'love' and a few found ones that I quickly turned into another potential 'found one' But...I'm pretty satisfied.

I really like the Amp...it has a flight path I haven't found in another disc...but it's fair to say I haven't used a ton of true understable discs. I liked the Ion, but it just wasn't better than a Wizard or Judge for me. I'm still playing around with the Anode, but the glide on the MVP putters I've tried is just hard to dial in for me. Everything else just didn't feel good in my hand.
I am really interested in trying a Servo since I don't have a huge arm and it's purported to be good for all kinds of throwers. I like my Ion but haven't been acquainted with it enough to fall in love with it. Sounds like your Amp is a fun disc to throw. I just wish I could try every disc!

To add to this thread I will also say the Z Nuke SS. I got this disc a few years ago because I didn't have a true distance driver and figured I didn't have the arm for an OS disc. Well, after much experimentation I am still not sure I have the arm for it but I have yet to see a consistent flight pattern out of it. Turns when I don't want it to, doesn't turn when I do want it to. It just doesn't do anything intentionally. Stupid disc.

The Shock, I just can't get it to do what I want. Maybe I should try it forehand since I think I finally got my forehand form down (honestly just kinda clicked for me last round I played, before that it was just a "get around that tree 2 feet in front of me" use)

I think I can move up to a higher speed driver with my forehand now as I'm having almost no issues getting within 20 feet of the basket on some holes at my home course with my underworld.

174g D4 that had zero turn. I even compared to other D4s while purchasing and grabbed the lowest PLH. Had some other people throw it and everyone had the same results. Must have just been a freak or mislabeled.

Latest posts