• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

Did anyone else watch the live stream of Paul walking through the drivers he's been testing out? I went super fangirl when he answered 2 of my questions. Really stoked to see him throwing a Zombee!
It was really cool to see his throwing all of the discs. Looking forward to the next 2 episodes.

I love my damn Zombee. Throw that disc more than I ever thought I would.

Anyone else notice he threw them all basically the same distances?

Yep, makes me feel better to see that his stable-OS drivers go the same as his straight fairways. And both are slightly farther than his FH. Only got significantly more distance with more neutral high speed stuff...but WAY more distance. I can't believe how far he threw that NukeOS on a flex though, he throws hard. Those go nowhere but left for pretty much anyone.

Speed rating is more for flight characteristics, not just distance potential.

I get comments about my Zombee at practically every tournament I play. When you lace a 300-325 drive through the woods it tends to get attention (from my Intermediate crowd). Way underrated and underappreciated disc!

Ive thrown mostly Discraft ever since i started playing. I have been looking for a video like this for a long time. Not only is he throwing discs I throw, hes also throwing on a course I know well. Amazing! The Mantis is one of my all time favorite molds. Interesting how stable it was for him even when released with good hyzer. The uphill and tailwind helped im sure. Also im suprised he loves the Undertaker so much. I bag it but find it can be touchy even at my lowish power. I figured thats why they released the Vulture for big power pros. I get more "what was that disc" questions when rolling the Heat. Big distance even for Ams like me. The Force and Nuke are too fast and OS for my arm so ive always driven with Cranks in the most stable plastics. They also Crush. Cant wait for the mids so i cant watch PMcb throw the Comet.

Me as well! I got my first 2 aces on my first Zombee, and just recently got a fresh one. It shapes great lines from pretty much any distance up to 350 (or 500 if you're Paul). Definitely an overlooked disc, and I hope he finds a place to keep it in his bag for placement shots, and wooded courses.
I made a comment on the video stream he did prior to the Bag Building video that he should try it, so I dunno if he saw that or not, but pretty sweet. He also replied to my comment before the video aired saying he thought it was a "fun and interesting disc".

It's one of those discs that I use when I'm undecided of what to throw. Just throw a Zombee.

I didn't see the link but stumbled across the video.

Yep, makes me feel better to see that his stable-OS drivers go the same as his straight fairways. And both are slightly farther than his FH. Only got significantly more distance with more neutral high speed stuff...but WAY more distance. I can't believe how far he threw that NukeOS on a flex though, he throws hard. Those go nowhere but left for pretty much anyone.

Speed rating is more for flight characteristics, not just distance potential.

One of the questions I asked him was about flight numbers. He said that he doesn't really pay attention to flight numbers other than speed. Otherwise he observes the flight patterns of discs that other people throw. I also think flight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

One of the questions I asked him was about flight numbers. He said that he doesn't really pay attention to flight numbers other than speed. Otherwise he observes the flight patterns of discs that other people throw. I also think flight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

Yeah that makes sense. When you throw pro/elite power I'm sure a lot of discs that are supposed to be stable aren't stable anymore, and discs that are supposed to be overstable need to be tested to see if they handle wind and how they beat in.

Better off to rate the flight numbers more accurately for larger buying market's power range than the top pro's who already know if they like something after a throw or two.

I'm gonna laugh if he ends up bagging Buzzz GT's or something.

So he basicly throws every stable to OS driver Discraft makes in that video ( and the heat )

So he basicly throws every stable to OS driver Discraft makes in that video ( and the heat )

It was more of a video to show the drivers he's been testing out. He made it pretty clear which ones were making the bag for sure, and others he still wasn't sure on yet. It will take some time for him to figure it out for sure. Cool to see what molds he's trying though. We should be thankful to get anything at all this early into the transition.

The Mantis surprised me, i only have one Ti Mantis. . and it´s super domey and moves alot right to left for me.

The Mantis Paul throws here seems flat and goes straight. . .and more distance than the Force?!!!

And he throws the smal rim Undertaker further than the Force. . WOW

It was more of a video to show the drivers he's been testing out. He made it pretty clear which ones were making the bag for sure, and others he still wasn't sure on yet. It will take some time for him to figure it out for sure. Cool to see what molds he's trying though. We should be thankful to get anything at all this early into the transition.

I love to see him throw EVERY mould in every plastic. . very fun to watch :)

And if you can, trowing everything is a fun way to build a bag. . .i have +300 discs but only 20 in the bag hehe

He's still trying a lot of stuff. Seems the force, undertaker, and heat are the only ones that have a set place in his bag. He even states a few times "I'm not really sure what this will do for me, still just trying it out". If I had to guess, the predator, mantis and nuke will join the first 3.

Remember, it's "Building a Bag", not a typical ITB video series.

The Mantis Paul throws here seems flat and goes straight. . .and more distance than the Force?!!!

He throws them with significantly different lines, the faster drivers he's super low to the ground, the slower ones he really airs out. Also, the mantis has some pretty incredible glide and underrated distance potential.

Last edited:
and all within 20 ft of each other than the heat, crank, and undertaker...I thought he would have it more narrowed down than 5 control drivers and 5 distance

This is why I won't believe any of the "In Paul's Bag" stuff until Las Vegas and the Memorial. Even then, I expect a third or more of his bag to change by mid-season. Seeing him throw on golf lines will be totally different than on an open field.

Still, it's interesting to see him throw this stuff. What I'm really curious about is if he would benefit from some older, special discs. For example, he referenced that glow Z Crank. I had a clear Z with dome but high PLH which I'm convinced even Paul could love. Likewise, a clear Z Nuke that has high PLH that is by far both my most overstable AND longest Nuke. Something like that, or a Cryztal Z Nuke, could do well though might also be harder to find in the stock runs. Surely he's getting some input from other Discraft pros on this, and hopefully getting to try some of their worn plastic instead of just throwing discs off the shelf.

Next week, it would be sweet to see him trying out some Wasp-tooled Buzzz or old-school Cryztal Buzzz, or that kind of thing. From a marketing standpoint, I see the benefit of throwing standard discs in current production, but showing the potential of past runs only goes to show Discraft has always been a disc golf big dog, and I can't see how that's a bad thing.

I hope for a final part in this series where he talks about why some discs made his bag a others did not.

For now we know that he has 4xForce, one or more undertakers. . and probably one Predator in his bag

...and we know that demand for Glow Cranks will spike ;)