• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

There was an add for the AX3 where they showed a quote, supposedly from Paul, saying something like "The AviarX3 is the most Overstable putter that Innova makes." BUT, they didn't show footage of him saying it, so possibly an elaborate hoax.

Also, I haven't thrown an AX3 (maybe once?) but I find that claim dubious, because plenty of Rhynos start out pretty hoggish.

I don't think Paul's actually thrown the AX3 much.

He had one in his bag the whole season.

Started the season with a star one, then was throwing a star and luster aviarx3, then settled on just a color glow aviarx3 for the last half of the season

What are we supposing he will throw in place of the Nova? BC that was, IMO, the best disc to watch him throw.

I'm guessing he'll just throw beat challengers, but the nova can't really be directly replaced. It's so unique. I'm sure Paul will be fine tho

My first thought was Comet, but maybe the meteor? It is beadless and a little "rounder" like a nova. Probably too understable for him but whatevs.

Those are too fast and glidey for nova replacement. Those are closer to his Mako3/beat McPro Roc3 slot.

A seasoned or soft Challenger should suffice until he has time to really click with something.

What are we supposing he will throw in place of the Nova? BC that was, IMO, the best disc to watch him throw.

Overmold Roach :D

He had one in his bag the whole season.

Started the season with a star one, then was throwing a star and luster aviarx3, then settled on just a color glow aviarx3 for the last half of the season

Fair. Is there a recent ITB that includes the AX3? Even if we was carrying one, I don't recall seeing him throw it much. Either that or the commentators never mentioned it.

Maybe it was just a get-out-of-trouble disc, which of course McBeth rarely needs.

Fair. Is there a recent ITB that includes the AX3? Even if we was carrying one, I don't recall seeing him throw it much. Either that or the commentators never mentioned it.

Maybe it was just a get-out-of-trouble disc, which of course McBeth rarely needs.

It's an interesting point that I don't recall a McBeth ITB for some time, and this news of dropping Innova might've contributed to that.

Okay, back to the AvX3... commentators might not have mentioned it, and they also got the disc name wrong. They were calling the AviarX3 an "Aviar3", then later came back and corrected themselves. They've also just called it an "Aviar", not knowing for sure. So there has been some confusion out there...

It's an interesting point that I don't recall a McBeth ITB for some time, and this news of dropping Innova might've contributed to that.

Okay, back to the AvX3... commentators might not have mentioned it, and they also got the disc name wrong. They were calling the AviarX3 an "Aviar3", then later came back and corrected themselves. They've also just called it an "Aviar", not knowing for sure. So there has been some confusion out there...

Interesting, I must have missed that. He was throwing a CG Aviar (according to the commentary) at HOFC, was that possibly one of the 3 variants? He was throwing it instead of the Nova, so Aviar P'n'A makes sense, although that's also so close the P2's that he putts with.

Either way: Overmold Roach! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Interesting, I must have missed that. He was throwing a CG Aviar (according to the commentary) at HOFC, was that possibly one of the 3 variants? He was throwing it instead of the Nova, so Aviar P'n'A makes sense, although that's also so close the P2's that he putts with.

Either way: Overmold Roach! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

He definitely was experimenting with things. He went from Firebird to Monster to FD3 to Sexton Firebird, etc., and never seemed to get comfortable. Ditto that for his OS throwing putter.

I still think he'll follow Val to the Roach as his putting putter, so an overmolded version might work well for him. :popcorn:

He definitely was experimenting with things. He went from Firebird to Monster to FD3 to Sexton Firebird, etc., and never seemed to get comfortable. Ditto that for his OS throwing putter.

I still think he'll follow Val to the Roach as his putting putter, so an overmolded version might work well for him. :popcorn:

Discraft I feel will never make an over molded disc, however he might use the Roach as it is close to what he uses now. However he used for his putter when with Legacy or Prodigy before they made discs, a Magnet. Once the company made a lineup of discs he went with Innova as they made everything except the putter he used.

Last edited:
I think the more interesting question is: Which disc(s) from his current bag get re-hotstamped to appear to be from his new sponsor?

I doubt he'll have much trouble finding Discraft (or brand x) equivalents for most of his bag, but I'm sure there will be a slot or two that is tough to fill. Why not stick with what already works?

Bring back the Zeppelin!
People on here once said the Nova is like a Zeppelin, but I don't see it. I've done a variety of great shots with my Zeppelin. Me and the Nova never clicked. Good thing I snagged a few backup Zeppelins and I'm still on my first.