• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would your Stats look like?

I think it depends on what people consider an approach. I generally consider anything within 220 feet an approach, sometimes extending to 250 feet or so. At that range I consider being able to place the disc within 25 feet of the pin a good approach. If I'm able to give myself a high percentage putt, I consider it a successful approach.

Could not have said better!

My distances would not be as long as yours, probably because I cannot throw as far, but where it lands is the key.

Make a little chart like mine below showing what you feel is your skill range.

O-poor
OO-okay but needs work
OOO-not bad, not great
OOOO-fairly consistant
OOOOO-Pro level
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My stats

Driving:OOO
Approach:OOOO
Putting:OO
Recovery Shot:OOOO
------------------------------------------------------------------------
(recovery shot- A shot that makes up for a poor drive and saves strokes/par)
That's my def. atleast.
Now for my stats.

Driving:OOOO
Approach:OOO
Putting:OOOO
Recovery Shot:OO
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Putting:OOO
Recovery Shot:OOOOO

Recovery shot is definitely the best part of my game. Approaches/putting are the weakest. I've got a better shot at parking a basket for a three if I'm 200' away in deep in the woods with only a spike-flick-anhyzer line to the basket than I do if I've got a wide-open line on a 150' throw.

Drives are above average -- especially forehand. Putts are where I lose my 1000-rated rounds.

I'm starting to try to play more rounds with only putters, trying to work on my 150' and closer game -- putts and approaches. Approaching used to be the best part of my game. But that's been several years -- gotta get it back.

O-poor
OO-okay but needs work
OOO-not bad, not great
OOOO-fairly consistant
OOOOO-Pro level
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My stats

Driving:OOO(
Putting:OO(
Recovery Shot:OOO(

i was near 1000...ha ha...drive for show, putt for dough

Thats why it was a joke...I would be outrated by most women and probably a healthy handful of kids.

Could not have said better!

My distances would not be as long as yours, probably because I cannot throw as far, but where it lands is the key.

Exactly...my goal on an approach is less than 20' to the basket...drop in putts are the best putts :)

another post where some people will call me a braggard(for the umpteenth time)
driving:0000
approach:0000(
putting:000
recovery:0000(

putting is the hardest part of golf for me, and i feel if i were more consistent i would be rated 1000+...my recovery and approach game is where i see mysaelf gaining strokes on the course...saving that 3
My guess is you're selling yourself short consiering you didn't rate yourself at pro level for any of the categories, but, from what I understand, you're actually pro rated.

I'm not 100% sure about how the scale works, but here's an estimate (assuming 000 is intermediate level play):

Driving: 000
Approach: 000(
Putting: 00( (sadly, this is an improvement)
Recovery: 000 (though I'm not quite sure what this all covers)

My guess is people are rating themselves high on approaches because they're counting shots from 50'-100' as approaches. If you extend it out to 200'-250' my guess is the average score would go down.

driving:000
approach:0000
putting:00000
recovery:0000

i think the main reason people seem to think approaching is easy is that most courses don't really require very many approaches of quality.

Driving: 0000 (000 if my thumber arm is tired)
approach: 0000 (quite good, but suffers if I don't have a Discraft Storm)
putting: 00 (worst part of my game)
recovery: 000 and 1/2 (rifle a thumber through the woods to get out)

Driving:OOO
Approach:OOOO
Putting:OOOO(
Recovery Shot:OOO(

This is as of right now. Ask me again in the winter and everything will be lower!

Driving: OO( - Still working on getting the "snap" part down for RHBH. My Forearm and Tommy's are my stronger drives.
Approach: OOO( - Subpar drives forces me to step it up in the approaches to save those pars.
Putting: OOO - I have good putting, just that I'm not consistent about it.
Recovery: OOO(

Approach:O
Putting:OO
Recovery Shot:OOOOO(I get lots of practice due to my terrible mid range game)

Driving:000
Approach:000
Putting:0000
Recovery Shot:0000

Latest posts