• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] "What's in my bag"....for noodle arms only

Look at my sig. Mostly understable stuff for backhand and stable-overstable stuff for forehand.

I max out at speed 10's and throw Pats, TB's, FB's, Bandits, Orcs and PD's. I'm not as much noodle arm as smaller hands, though.

Westside Underwold, Westside Hatchet, Innova Tern, Lat 64 Fuse, Innova Roadrunner. Just name a few. The Tern is by far the fastest disc on there but as long as you can put some kind of snap on it, it will fly for days.

I don't have a ridiculously huge arm, so my sig is what I throw. Destroyers do not need huge power, just great form. They are so much fun to watch fly as well. But my Valkyries are my bread and butter. I can do so much with a Valkyrie.

see my sig. I prefer flippy stuff or stuff that promotes good form.

My golf lines are 370' with a Wraith, so not exactly noodly, but the fact is I've been stuck there for 6 years and can't turn stable discs over so I don't have a ton of snap or speed. I like a few less stable discs for various purposes -

Beat to heck aviar - approaches under 100' that I can't jump putt
Fresh aviar - approaches 100-150' on any line
Beat wizard - approaches 125-175' feet straight or hyzer
Beat X comet - approaches 150-200' depending on standstill or run up, straight or anhyzer
Z comet - straight or even slight hyzer, 200-225'
8/10 condition DX San marino roc - straight or hyzer 200-250'

For drivers I pretty much bag what you listed initially as "don't post these" (leopards, teebirds, and valks) as well as a 165g Wraith which is my main squeeze for max D.

One thing to note "for noodle arms" is I've been trying out a Westside Underworld for fairway shots 275-325' and it's pretty money when I throw it correctly. It's VIP and very straight but my understanding is it's going to beat into understable quickly which is exactly what I'm looking for as my leopard requires too much power to turn over consistently on a golf line.

Last edited:
Another see my sig. Other notable "noodle arm" discs: Polaris LS, Cheetah, and unLace.

Before I got a jump in distance, I was really really happy with (and still am) my opto Core for mid duties...if you throw mids under 300' it gets easier straight/low distance than a Roc type mid. Also you don't need power to shape anhyzers with it. The River is great for guaranteed controllable flippy shots, that glide effortlessly further than mids. If you don't have tons of power, you can still know the River will always turn a bit, without having to put 90%+ power on it. And of course, the obvious DX Teebird.

i was always curious about the opto core.
how does it compare to a champ roc3?
or buzzz?

I don't have quite enough arm for the Valkyrie but I wanted to add a "distance driver". I found that I get surprising distance with a DGA Undertow even though it is considered a long FW driver. I have one in P-line that will turn some then flatten out and fade if thrown a little high, and one in SP-line that will sometimes just fly straight and sometimes turn slightly before fighting out to fade (depending on how my arm is that day).

I'm liking Hatchets, Patriots & Rivals for fairways (check out the gummier pinnacle plastic). Though I also throw G* Teebirds & Leopards depending on my mood. The Hatchet is an excellent disc for my weaker arm that will fly annies, s-shapes, or straight to fade nearly as far as my Terns.

Terns & Daedalus for distance (with an Air Giant for wind). At 300ish, you can find Terns with different & workable stabilities. The Daedalus gives me a bigger s-shape I can't get out of a Tern.

Mids are Tursas, Meteor, Buzzz (10th), Verdict, and Zone. A big arm may not like the Tursas, but for me, it's great for big annies.

I carry a fair amount of discs but...
Warden x2, Pure, Envy, Zone
Truth, Tangent
Diamond, River, Crave, Resistor
Inertia, Tesla

If I'm going to a course where there are a lot of big open holes then I'll throw in some combo of
Havoc, Tern, Trespass, Villain

I also really enjoy DX Teebirds but they don't tend to last all too long.
And for my noodle arm numbers I just started to hit 340-350' this past month.

Latest posts