• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] "What's in my bag"....for noodle arms only

I have recently stepped up a notch in distance and stability , but have two favorite noodle arm discs. Maximizer and archangel. Always run the risk of turning them over, but can bomb for noodlers. I still carry my maximizer and feel in control of that disc up 330 with ease. Pushing past that distance is difficult with out turning over, but nice to be able to get a 300+ turnover when I want it. Very similar in flight is the aa. Aa is a still a good down wind driver for me . Have seen several down hill or down wind drives over 400 with my aa and maximizers . If your struggling to reach 300 , I say you should give a maximizer a try. If you are a true noodle arm, you might not be able to get speed 8 aa into its turn long enough to get a full flight. And don't forget to lighten up a little on your drivers to get the glide you need. Happy huckin

Not that I'm all that concerned with pdga regulations, but out of curiosity, is the maximizer pdga legal?

It's a true noodle arm driver. At speed six, it's a fairway driver....but a true noodle arm can't put high speed driver to work, so I call it a driver. These ones are fairly flat and cut through the air better than driving with a mid. If you can hyzer flip it into a late turn over, yet give enough height to flex out, 350 is doable. If I try to push them past 350, I only get more turn with out the flex out. Only takes about 200 ft of power to get a reasonably straight flight and easy to reach 300.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 33
Noodle arm goodness. I think Gggt is the only place to get them? It's my understanding They bought the mold and produce them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 56
Wow, I'm new, but thought I'd heard of most of the brands out there. Maximizer, huh? I actually thought Little Flyer only made minis. Seriously. :|

Anyway, This might be another 'see my sig' reply, but want to stress that I throw rhbh 280-300 max golf D, with an occasional, "wow! how did I do that?" open field drive. But for distance, I'm throwing an Underworld (to flip a little right), a star Tern (for longest straightest), and a star Teebird (for dependable fade).

In the same order, for mids, I throw my beat dx Roc, CryZtal Buzzz, and Verdict or Tensor. I'm putting with VP's, and will mix in a lot of other stuff from time to time.

Also, the best gliding fairway driver I've ever thrown for my weaker arm is a GL River.

Discraft: Z Surge SS, Z Glide, X XS, Z Buzzz SS, Z Buzzz OS, X Stratus
Innova: Star Sidewinder, G* Thunderbird
Lat 64: Opto Air Havoc
Gateway: SS Wizard

I have recently added the Havoc and thunderbird (obviously) which will probably become my top two drivers. The thunderbird has been flying farther than my sidewinders and on a narrower line so I'm liking that and the Havoc is just really fun to throw.

Last edited:
Let's see... Leopard, TeeBird, Valkyrie, oh wait! You said besides those? Umm... various wear of KC Aviars, a JK Aviar, beat DX Cobra(still need to release on a slight hyzer othewise it flips and rolls), various beat Rocs, Roc3, as well as a Gator and Firebird for all things OVERSTABLE. I love the consistency out of my Gator.

I totally agree with the GL River being STRAIGHT money for a noodle arm. I am huge fan of MVP/Axiom but you couldn't pay me to get rid of my River. Envy is also an amazing putt and approach and I love it in the new soft plastic.

For max-d I'm currently throwing speed 9 discs: MVP Amp (although I think I have one of the few OS ones) and I just picked up a Lat 64 Fury which so far I'm liking. I also have a Volt and Saint but I only throw those for lines where I need to go out straight and finish left. I threw the Fury out to about ~360 on Sat, hole 7 @ Borderlands in Easton, MA one of my farthest throws so far. I also throw a River and Servo for my speed 7s. I like the River because of the glide the disc has and I also like how I can hyzer flip the disc and it will start to run a bit right before coming back to the left. For my mid-range game I've been waffling between the Axiom Alias, Buzzz and Lat64 Core. Depending on the shot I need will dictate which disc I use. I've noticed that when throwing the Core I can get it to travel on an anhyzer line a bit easier and it doesn't finish as hard to the left as the Buzzz will. I'm in a love hate relationship with the Alias because I use to be able to throw it pretty straight but the last couple of weeks its been hyzer flipping and running right on me. I've just changed from putting with Anodes to Pures and so far I've enjoyed putting with the Pure (Zero-Med). The round edge inside the Anode was causing my putting to be "off" due to not feeling like I have the disc in my hand right. The Pure has more of a square edge to it that feels more comfortable in my hand. I like their stable flight so I also have one in Opto that I use for approach shots ~100ft. I find its a nice controllable disc that you can shape lines with.

Fun thread!

I maximize my ~300' noodle arm power by throwing a whole bag chock full of lightweight euro plastic. :D

150-class Drivers: Trespass / Renegade combo for distance and Saint Pro / Saint combo for control. Also a "first run" Opto Diamond (163g!) for hyzer-flip and turnover fairway goodness.

160-class Midranges: VIP / TP Warship and VIP Tursas for off the tee. Lucid Truth and Lucid / BioFuzion Suspect for approaches, both BH and FH.

Even have a 170g Classic Warden for putter driving...

My wife gets 280-300' of max distance. Her bag is wizards, flying squirrels, 150 cyclone, 150 teebirds, 150 valks and a 150 blizzard wraith.

A few discs that my maxing-out-around-300ft noodle arm couldn't live without:

Millenium Orion LS - Like a valk, but seems to go further on a lower and tighter line.

Jackal FD - In S-line plastic it's neutral to moderately overstable, can handle a slight headwind or be relied on to finish a bit left. In G-line plastic it's a hyzer-flip machine, can be used to hold a super straight line. Glides soooo far and handles lower power really well, especially in G-Line.

Buzzz SS - Super straight, like a Buzzz for noodle arms.

Opto Pure - From 50ft to 230ft, holds a laser straight line.

All my distance drivers are 165-167g, fairways are 167-169g, mids are 170-173g, and putters are 175g. I try to avoid heavier drivers and mids.

I am liking the feel of the thief just haven't figured it out yet. It's not as stable as the numbers suggest.
Also lightweight eagles/Teebirds are great.

This disc was mentioned but I feels needs highlighted...Daedalus. For calm shots in the open or for throwing uphill I have loved this. I keep a 171 prototype and a 175 champ in the bag.

i was always curious about the opto core.
how does it compare to a champ roc3?
or buzzz?

Roc3 I feel is just like a "normal" Roc for me (I'm not some crazy know every Roc mold guy)...I can power it hard and it won't really turn. It flies like a putter but at speed 4, so it needs a bit of height to get past 300'. If thrown with less power it has some fade, if thrown 300' or more it essentially forward fades. They hold hyzers well, and I have issues throwing Rocs on anhyzers...they often cut or fade out for me, just doesn't work for me consistently. This is just perspective to know how I am comparing to the Core.

The Core is very different, I can get 300' out of it with like 6-8' of height, it's dead straight, and has zero fade essentially at this distance. It will glide at the release height the whole way like a laser beam fairway driver (but at mid speed), then just drop straight down at the end. It's great for mild banking hyzers, but I don't trust it to power a hyzer like the Roc. If thrown hard for anhyzers, it will hold a great banking anhyzer. If you nose up the Core it will fade more, if you power it down it will fade more, but not as much as the Roc. I like it for low ceilings 200+ that the putter can't get to, and straight shots up to 300'. If you don't put much spin on the disc it may act more understable. If I throw it 300'+ I have to hyzer flip it, or expect some turn. It's right on the edge of having some HSS turn that it's easy to shape lines.

I've only taken a couple of throws with an ESP and Z Buzzz, no line shaping. But on flat releases at ~300' (I know this is the noodle arm thread, but just saying what my experience was) they had the exact same HSS and LSS I would expect for my Core, but a tick less glide. I expect the Core to have a bit more crazy hovering ability where it just floats, and the Buzzz may be a bit better in the wind.

Basically, if you like Buzzzes, you would like a Core or Claymore (if you want a little less fade and little more turn). If you like Roc's, then the Roc3 is for you.

My bag is in my sig. Assuming there is room to make it work most of my non-putt throws are sidewinder, roc3, and chief. The others get play for utility, FH/OH, wind, shot shaping, etc that i can't hit with my big 3 discs.

I am not a big gun by any means and valks used to be my go to discs until i found the lat64 fury. 1st run opto, less stable than regular opto or gold line. I love me some lat 64 plastic!!

Yeah, I lost my Fury and got me a Witness last week to try out in that spot. The shop didn't have any Opto Furies.

I get about 320 to 350. The Wraith and Inertia are my goto drivers. Otherwise it's a lot of MVP fairway stuff.