• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the best fundraising idea for a disc golf course?

Call your local Schwans home service depot and set up a fundraiser thru them. It cost you nothing and you can get up to 20% of the total sale for that day. Advertise your fundraiser well and you will do well. Schwans does all of the work. Just put them in a good location that is visible to lots of traffic. Worked for us! Good luck!

Wow prerube, way to be a huge douche.

The guy is asking for ways to fundraise for his course, not for your advice on reviewing. The OP didn't even post the link, most likely because it doesn't matter and has nothing to do with his thread question.

To end the ridiculous threadjack:

I think the CFR program is a great way to go. You could even have the hotstamp be something memorable or inspirational that your dad was known to say. Go with discs that everyone could benefit from, avoid obscure molds, and just be straight up in telling people it's to honor his memory and promote the sport of disc golf.

A fundraising doubles or triples league would be fun as well - maybe instead of a cash payout you can have the winner(s) get to nickname a hole or something along those lines.

Good luck!

I like the holding a tournament and having and ace pot and letting people buy mulligans. I played in a tourney recently and bought a mulligan for 5 bucks just because I knew the money would go to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. From my experiences if disc golfers know the money is going to a good cause (like a new course) I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the amount of money you can raise.

Order 100 discs, 50 for player pack, sell 50 for not crappy prices...10 for dx is high but its for a good cause and if you had a cool enough stamp I would buy one...thats almost a basket right there.

Get 25 CFRs at 20 and get another basket.

Hold the tournament with a lower than average but not horrible payout...you want them to come back...maybe do 60% payout...the more sponsorship you secure the better your payout and fundraising can be.

Finally run a weekly league that is $6 with 4 going to payout and 2 going to the course...if you get 20 people a week you got a basket a month.

Get on it. :)

That's true but who would build their own course and give it a bad rating?

I do agree with adding more course info and pics though.

I've actually seen it done. Can't remember who though. He was mad at the P&R for being stingy with funds or something.
/thread jack

Um, topless carwash?

Knowing the guys putting this together, I suppose that I am touch biased...but...

You dudes should get in touch with the indianapolis, peru, fort wayne and muncie clubs. I'll bet that they would dedicate a league night, or hold a tourney or something along those lines and throw you the proceeds . Speaking from the Muncie side, I would be excited to help set something up on our end.

I just think that it's awesome that the course is going in and that it's in memorial of someone that you loved. Pretty great.

In terms of leauge play, which would be nice generating a steady stream if you can get 20 or so people coming.

$3 league fee (2 to payout, 1 to course?)
$1 optional ace pot (pay out $20 min on an ace, above that half goes to pot, half to course)
$1 optional 50/50

Makes it an even $5 with about $2 bucks per player going to the course.

or instead of a league fee, you have the option of selling bag tags, but it might be easier to slowly get money from people for a weekly leauge, than an upfront tag for say $20

Perhaps after leauge you run random draw doubles. if you have discs from a tournament, that could always be a prize.

Champion disc wholesale, about 8 bucks, retail about 14. the difference is profit for the course.

Knowing the guys putting this together, I suppose that I am touch biased...but...

You dudes should get in touch with the indianapolis, peru, fort wayne and muncie clubs. I'll bet that they would dedicate a league night, or hold a tourney or something along those lines and throw you the proceeds . Speaking from the Muncie side, I would be excited to help set something up on our end.

I just think that it's awesome that the course is going in and that it's in memorial of someone that you loved. Pretty great.

I'm guessing you know Ande then? And that would be awesome to get something like that worked out.

Yup Yup.
Ande and Jerry were with me when I hit my first ace. Known those dudes for a minute.

Oh I assume you are Tommy then. Yea I am Ande's little brother. I almost went out that day with you guys but I had to stay home and work.

Latest posts