• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

whats the most expensive disc in the world??

Heard a story some time ago about an old-school SOCAL homie who sold a 'full set' of 1st run Eagles (pre-Aero) to an art collector for a tidy sum. The number was somewhere between $500 and $1000 per disc. Forgot the total number in the set. I'm omitting some details from the story to protect the guilty...I golfed with this fellow in the late 80's and he used to carry (back then) about 25 discs in his bag, stacked in the bag like for putting practice, which nearly everyone felt was overkill, since he only ever ended up using about 4-5 of them in a given round. Good sense of humor this fellow... There's enough here so some might connect the dots...

As for the Steady Ed 'ashes' discs, in my heart of hearts, despite the fact that everything and everyone has their price, I think its morally wrong to commodify such discs. But in the 21st century, if there's no sacred cows, there's no sacred cows, certainly not for members of the 'scapegoat of the month club', right?

PM me if anyone's interested in some Midnight Flyers...I got a few laying around, and I get such joy from bringing a smile to a young child's face...

Q: What's the most expensive disc in the world?

A: The one you desire greatly but cannot afford.

this ones kinda hard to find

20200623_070642-scaled.jpg

Yes because the Discs LaZer came out at 20 CM and were made ban by PDGA to get these smaller molds Destiny Discs made at 20 CM and 19-18 for another mold, to not be used as PDGA people with Ed Hendrick then running 90% felt that Smaller discs then ~ 21-22 CM discs were not using glide but rather tossed at the target. So the discs were eventually stopped in production as sales of the discs were down for those playing in PDGA (then DGA) events, Destiny Discs main buyer of the discs he made.

Later in the early era these two smaller discs Destiny Discs made became the discs that would end up on Tournament Disc Golf Trophies or as trophies As I see in old photos where the Stamp was wiped off and used for Plaque for the places people were for top 3 or disc sprayed or painted the colors for Gold, Silver, or Bronze either on a plaque for the top 2 colored discs were on plaque or just as a disc in the color sometimes hanging on a ribbon.

Last edited:
Yes because the Discs LaZer came out at 20 CM and were made ban by PDGA to get these smaller molds Destiny Discs made at 20 CM and 19-18 for another mold, to not be used as PDGA people with Ed Hendrick then running 90% felt that Smaller discs then ~ 21-22 CM discs were not using glide but rather tossed at the target. So the discs were eventually stopped in production as sales of the discs were down for those playing in PDGA (then DGA) events, Destiny Discs main buyer of the discs he made.

Later in the early era these two smaller discs Destiny Discs made became the discs that would end up on Tournament Disc Golf Trophies or as trophies As I see in old photos where the Stamp was wiped off and used for Plaque for the places people were for top 3 or disc sprayed or painted the colors for Gold, Silver, or Bronze either on a plaque for the top 2 colored discs were on plaque or just as a disc in the color sometimes hanging on a ribbon.

um, I . . as you see in old photos huh?

20200623_070615-scaled.jpg