• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your favorite "get-out-of-trouble" shot?

One important thing when you're in trouble is your mindset. You usually do better "giving up" a throw than trying to make an impossible shot to make par. My main goal is to miss the trees right in front of me. If I can do that, I only lose one throw. But if I try to wrap it around three trees, shoot the gap under the branch, and then anhyzer it in toward the basket, I'm likely to chunk it into the one right in front of me. I just concentrate on missing the ones close to me. Much better to get out of trouble in one shot than to be taking multiple trouble shots in a row.

:eek: Been there, done that, still haven't completely learned my lesson!

rollers are the key... I can roll bh or fh almost as far as I can drive in an open field. if there is no air space take to the ground... a vertical disc fits between trees way better than a horizontal one.

nice post yellow dart...rollers have helped me birdie holes that are hard or impossible to reach with an air shot..and they also help when "in the chit" trying to save the par..

Desperation Roller

a good tomahawk if you are behind the ruffage of bushes or whatnot. its really good for just forcing it through.

a forehand is fantastic for curving your shot to get back on the fairaway

If it is really think I'll use my Flick, whether it is powering a FH through or tomahawking one through branches above. If there is a visible line I'll toss my Buzzz down it.

Thumber, without question. Ideally, I have a window up high or left/straight, if not, I can thumb to a scooby to the middle of the fairway or spin it out where I can get a shot at the basket.

my new 2nd option is a flick of a well-seasoned light (162) Star Orc. For someone with a pathetic flick, I can get that light disc moving. Great option for me when a right-turn is my only option.

My patented, "Look over there, that chick has huge boobs," followed by kicking my disc out of the rough onto the fairway. Works every time.

annie, or my new favorite - WHIP the POS dead sidewinder sidearm as hard as i can with as much spin as possible. So far, I think the disk likes it :p