• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your primary backhand driving disc and why?

For tighter lines I tend to throw a 168 g Avenger SS. That used to be my main backhand disc for any situation that didn't require a big right turning S-curve. Those shots are still my 167g Leopard. As for open holes? Just picked up a 170g Surge SS that has more glide than any other disc in my bag when thrown backhand, so that one has been getting more and more attention.

I will use nearly any disc in my bag as a back-hand disc depending on the scenario and how I want it to fly. For that reason, it is tough for me to pick out a primary back-hand disc.

I like the River or Jackal between that 280-350 distance. At 400+ I use the Westside Sword, Destroyer, or a Vulcan depending on wind direction, elevation, etc.

The only disc I have that could really come close to bridging that gap with good control on the lower and upper end of those distances is a Striker. But...I don't think I could nut a Striker that far.

Player's Cup Z Tracker - make it do any line and thrown with a slight hyzer it 'pops up' and goes straight and usually fades straight too.

On a wide open shot where I simply have to try and throw as far as I can, I tend to pull out my flippy 169 Pro Destroyer. If I need a bit more control/accuracy, I use my flippy 175 Star Destroyer. If I need hyzer or a headwind fighter, I use a 175 Echo Star Destroyer. If I need a turnover, I use a new 175 Star Roadrunner. If I can throw a roller, I use a beat-up 169 Star Roadrunner.

It all depends on the situation. Especially since I will actually just pull out one of my Teebirds unless given a good reason not to.

The Valkyrie I suppose. Champ Valk. It's my most trusted and accurate driver.

I have more boss's than anything in my bag but I am really liking my Teebird. I can throw it on a 200 foot hyzer spike or throw it 400 or more on a line. The boss is more just for max d.

4x JK Valkyrie. I can't throw much over 300', but the valk will do almost anything I ask it to do up to that distance.

Latest posts