• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Are You Going in 2018?

Oregon and NorCal: Primarily to visit family but I hope to hit some courses
Maine: Also to visit family but lots of nice courses nearby
IDGC
Highbridge Hills
Pittsburgh: Replay a few and pick up some that I missed
Lake Marshall
I-81 in Virginia

Probably won't take all of those trips. Also depends on my wife's work travel. I often tag along and bag some nearby courses. We'll see!

If you do come to Pittsburgh, hit me up.

That is an open invitation to anybody, if and when you go to Pittsburgh, let me know!

I live in Charlotte, this year I really want to get into Tennessee. I have played 18 out of 27 holes at Harmon Hills, I want to do the whole thing. And warriors path, if I'm not mistaken. If fate should allow it, I would also be most happy if I could play Sugaree again, and the 3 private courses in the Boone area. Icing on the cake would be to find another opportunity to play The Inn at Wintersun course again, just outside of Asheville. That would be an incredible little road trip for me.

I'd like to get around more of New Mexico. I've started to sort out a 3 day (2 night) rout that would hit 5 courses including Grindstone in Ruidoso on the way to the White Sands & Carlsbad Caverns National Parks.

If we can get the friends and family pricing for a stay at Wyndham again this year (Did Park City and Salt Lake last year, it was fantastic) I've got my eye on a week in Oceanside CA. That trip has the potential for 6 courses & Joshua Tree National Park over the 4 travel days to brake up the drive. The 4 towards San Marcos that would be reasonable to hit in one day near Oceanside, finishing at a 6 hole course with parks and a splash pad to reward the kids. 2 more course near where I'd be staying. Lots of DG opportunities while leaving ample time for the beach and LegoLand if I can stomach the admission.

I'd love to get at least one weekend away from the kids, with the wife to play a tournament. Preferably a two day with one round a day and tee times.

My schedule literally just opened up last night and now I have a completely open Saturday. Had I known this earlier I would have gone to Bowling Green for the tourney there.

I have a series of possible day trips planned, and have decided that Harmon Hills and Panther Creek will be the destination. :D

Has anyone every tried doing those both in the same afternoon? Its 45 holes and 20,000 feet with lots of elevation changes.

I've had a lot of serious family stuff come up, totally changed what I thought would be a year with a ton of road trips. Gotta stick much closer to home (Charlotte) and the NC mountains (where my mother lives)

I've scaled down to where I just hope to make one or two trips to Boone - The Sugar Grove course, and Heritage Farms DGC are there. Heritage will be having its grand opening in AUGUST by the way. They have a tournament they'll do. CHINGS AND STRINGS 1ST ANNUAL DISC GOLF TOURNAMENT AND PICKIN PARTY. I'm gonna be in that. And then I'll be doing the tournament at Ashe County Park in mid July.

I also hope to manage one more weekend in Asheville, one more weekend in Raleigh. Maybe a day trip to Columbia SC. Nothing too epic this year.

I am playing this weekend's C-tier at Estero just south of Fort Myers, and I have subbed out the New England trip for a PA visit in July (Lehigh Valley) and an extra day in November in the Nashville/Murfressboro area.

My schedule literally just opened up last night and now I have a completely open Saturday. Had I known this earlier I would have gone to Bowling Green for the tourney there.

I have a series of possible day trips planned, and have decided that Harmon Hills and Panther Creek will be the destination. :D

Has anyone every tried doing those both in the same afternoon? Its 45 holes and 20,000 feet with lots of elevation changes.

That is a fantastic day. Both are intense but Panther is a bit more strenuous. I'd knock that out first if possible. You'll probably enjoy the rest that the hour drive between them provides. Might as well bag the fun Kiwanis (mini-golf version of Panther) right down the way while you're at it!

Oregon and NorCal: Primarily to visit family but I hope to hit some courses
Maine: Also to visit family but lots of nice courses nearby
IDGC
Highbridge Hills
Pittsburgh: Replay a few and pick up some that I missed
Lake Marshall
I-81 in Virginia

Probably won't take all of those trips. Also depends on my wife's work travel. I often tag along and bag some nearby courses. We'll see!

The more realistic version:

Camp Sankanac day trip
Portland and Salem OR
Denver CO
Lake Marshall day trip
Pittsburgh
Local day trips

Probably ambitious but a guy can dream . . . :D

I have to do a wedding in NorCal this summer, will hit up a course or two there hopefully

Cortes Island north of here three solid public courses are on the block and three privates.. Going to be awesome 20 year anniversary of the tournament

Heading North to the Yukon and Alaska in August. Kids and I are already planning to play the 2 or 3 courses in Whitehorse and one in Haines, Alaska! Should e fun

Signed up for Northwoods Open in Lac du Flambeau, WI at Sandy Point. Not staying on site, but it's my first trip up north to play some golf. Can't wait! Also going to try and hit up Rollin Ridge this summer.

taking the motorcycle up to Sioux Falls tomorrow and returning the next day. plenty of fun courses, and minor league baseball, which I have an obsession with.....

The Geezers are planning our 6th Annual Fall DG Tour....I have 94 courses bagged....
on this trip I will play course number 100 !

Here's the rough draft plan:

Course 95 - Clay DGC outside Birmingham
Course 96 - Inverness Park - south of Bham
Course 97 - Fort Yargo State Park - Winder, GA
Course 98 - Alexander Park - Snellville
Course 99 - Little Mulberry Park in Dacula
Course 100 - North Georgia Canopy Tours in Lula
Then on the way home stop and play Flat Rock Park in in Columbus GA, again...
Sounds like fun...don't it.....going in Mid October when it cools a bit more....

Last edited:
Just discovered this thread!

Made it over to Iceland this summer and got in a round at Laugardalur, so now I got courses in two countries.

Probably childs play to some around here, but I find it cool. Cheers!

Travelling to Gatlinburg, TN with my buddy next weekend for some discventure. Leaving Raleigh Thursday morning. Plan to stop at The Bear in Hickory, NC on the way Thursday. We have already played all the other highly rated courses between Raleigh and Asheville so we will continue on to TN after the Bear.

Definitely going to hit The Claytons in Alcoa, TN. Any other suggestions for good courses in the area? We will probably bag the 2 9 holers in Gatlinburg as a cool down after bagging an 18 hole course in the morning. Fontana Village resort looks to be the only other well regarded course in the area.

Any hidden gems within an hour or so? Thanks.