• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where to buy plastic in Western Michigan?

Jax11

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Hey all,

My family has traveled to Western Michigan from the Chicago suburbs to play Flip City and the Mason county courses. Any of the locals or people familiar with the area know of places that sell discs?

Last time we were here, Bill McKenzie, the Flip City owner suggested a place called Black Diamond. We went there and they didn't have the best selection and the prices were rather high.

Any input is greatly appreciated thanks for you time.

yeah. Spinskis is awesome. 76th and division. They are open 1-6 everyday but sunday. They have a huge selection, with new shipments coming in every week. They are even open in the winter. Check them out.

What everyone else said, the few friends I have from GR love Spinksi's, I almost drove out there from Lansing to buy some discs.

Nelson's Frontier Market (on the corner of Iris and 31 if you're heading for Ludington courses) has a decent selection of discs but they're kind of expensive. Also if you're heading to Leviathan in Ludington as you go down Jebavy there's a place called tire it wholesale that carries some Innova plastic. Also Dunhams in Ludington has a selection of Innova discs.

Another vote for Spinski's. Call ahead if you're pushing their hours.

Unless you're coming up to Traverse City, then you'll need to stop by Tilley's Party Store.

All the MC Sports and Dunham's stores carry discs as well (MC carries Innova AND Discraft!).

Another vote for Spinski's. Call ahead if you're pushing their hours.

Unless you're coming up to Traverse City, then you'll need to stop by Tilley's Party Store.

All the MC Sports and Dunham's stores carry discs as well (MC carries Innova AND Discraft!).

Dunhams doesent have a good selection, some DX, a few Pro, and maybe 1 or two Champion, all over priced (almsot $20 for a champ).

Donnie Jenkins

Hey all,

My family has traveled to Western Michigan from the Chicago suburbs to play Flip City and the Mason county courses. Any of the locals or people familiar with the area know of places that sell discs?

Last time we were here, Bill McKenzie, the Flip City owner suggested a place called Black Diamond. We went there and they didn't have the best selection and the prices were rather high.

Any input is greatly appreciated thanks for you time.

Contact Donnie Jenkins from the "sweet spot" out of Muskegon.....HUGE selection....you can contact him through Ebay....

Otherwise go to the "Den" or Drake party store in Kalamazoo...

Tily's is nice in Traverse City if you get that far North...gl

Thanks all for the input, Spinski's was a little out of the way for us. So we ended up hitting Tilley's in Traverse City after playing Hickory Hills. They had a great selection and I got a memorable mini there.

Contact Donnie Jenkins from the "sweet spot" out of Muskegon.....HUGE selection....you can contact him through Ebay....

Otherwise go to the "Den" or Drake party store in Kalamazoo...

Tily's is nice in Traverse City if you get that far North...gl

Dread Flintstone!

Back to the topic at hand, I hope you play Branstrom and Whitehall Township while you're up here. You'll be very happy with both of them!

I've always had good experiences at Spinski's. Good people, good advice.

Really? The only answers i get in there are "o we just ran out of those!"

I went in there not to long ago and ask if they had any soft rhynos just to see what they would say. "O we just ran out yesterday i think" the old lady says lol so ya great source of information...

Everytime i go there i have to wait outside for about 10 mins (only 7 kids allowed in the store at a time), not to mention the 3 dollar credit card fee they charge without notification.

I gave up on that "garage" a while ago.

I did hear the other day theres a new store open on 44th and division right by that pawn shop there, been meaning to check it out.

Spinskis is alright, Id give it a 7/10 as far a disc pro shop goes. Their selection is average. You never really know what they are going to have in stock at any time. Their prices are a bit steep too, discs are about 3$ higher each than discgolfcenter.com. I live near spinskis but I order discs online w/ discgolfcenter because they have a better selection, cheaper, and shipped to my house for free. Spinskis is crazy small too, literally with like 6-7 people in the store and you cant move or turn around and take 1 step without running into somebody, its like 10 feet by ten feet square packed with discs and merchandise. The owner John is pretty cool but he gets easily side-tracked. If one of his discing buddys is in the store chatting with him it might take you a half hour to get him to take your money and sell anything to you, he gets chatting away and forgets he's running a business, Ive seen 5 people waiting in line to pay for discs while he's reminiscing about old times with an old buddy for 30 minutes before and ignoring everybody else actually buying stuff. As far as Grandrapids goes its a nice small disc shop but Ive seen way better in Kalamazoo and other citys around west Michigan.

Last time I went up to Grand Rapids we hit up "Purple East", and they had a pretty decent selection there. It's not a place to go if your looking for an exact mold/weight/color, but if you need an extra disc bad and your in the area, I would recomend it. The people who work there are very cool as well.

Really? The only answers i get in there are "o we just ran out of those!"

I went in there not to long ago and ask if they had any soft rhynos just to see what they would say. "O we just ran out yesterday i think" the old lady says lol so ya great source of information...

Everytime i go there i have to wait outside for about 10 mins (only 7 kids allowed in the store at a time), not to mention the 3 dollar credit card fee they charge without notification.

I gave up on that "garage" a while ago.

I did hear the other day theres a new store open on 44th and division right by that pawn shop there, been meaning to check it out.

Dang, this place sounds like it has bad customer service. A $3 credit card fee with no notification, thats kinda wack. And what do you mean only 7 kids are only allowed at a time? 7 people at a time? or can it be backed full with "adults" and still have 7 "kids"? lol.

I was planning on checking this place out next time I was in GR too. I still will, because i'm all for small disc golf shops, but I guess i'll put it a little lower on my list of priorities now.

I think theres a minimum of $20 for credit card charges there too.

Terrys right too, if you ever go there plan on at least 5 mins getting checked out.

How long does it take to receive your orders from dgc Terry?

I think theres a minimum of $20 for credit card charges there too.

Terrys right too, if you ever go there plan on at least 5 mins getting checked out.

How long does it take to receive your orders from dgc Terry?

Usually 3-4 days. I love disc golf center. They are fast, cheap, free shipping. Ive always had great service with them, Ive used them like 5-6 times.

Ya, i like the whole free shipping thing. Ive been using this seymourhobbyandcollectables ebay store. I think its located in lansing, takes like 1-2.

Latest posts