• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where would you?

We were driving up a boring Interstate this fall, when one of the guys mentioned how it might be interesting to relay a disc up the side of the highway from one city to another. It got me thinking how a thing like that could be organized by a string of local clubs, with temp baskets, and maybe for charity, or fundraising for local courses. You know, more a stunt than anything. How many shots would it take (and how many boring holes) to get from Cincinnati to Columbus? Or across a state, or cross country?
Sorry, most of the 'action' would be tedious, so...

...where to play? Mt. Haleakala on Maui, of course! I'll play all the downhills! :thmbup:

We were driving up a boring Interstate this fall, when one of the guys mentioned how it might be interesting to relay a disc up the side of the highway from one city to another. It got me thinking how a thing like that could be organized by a string of local clubs, with temp baskets, and maybe for charity, or fundraising for local courses. You know, more a stunt than anything. How many shots would it take (and how many boring holes) to get from Cincinnati to Columbus? Or across a state, or cross country?
Sorry, most of the 'action' would be tedious, so...

...where to play? Mt. Haleakala on Maui, of course! I'll play all the downhills! :thmbup:

1,971 300' shots up I-74 from Cinci to Indy. 112 miles. Yikes.

Lotsa luck getting your golden retriever to fish out a disc at those heights :p

Too windy for my tastes.

Lol I don't expect to get discs back if they are ocean'd lol. But If I had money to play on aircraft carriers on the ocean.... I don't think I'd care too much lol

On a map that showed disc golf course density, I noticed no courses for Spain or Portugal, those seem like good places, nice Mediterranean climate, good to play all year.

^^ where did you find that map?
After I retire in Costa Rica, I'll post my course on here, anyone who wants to come play, let me know!:D

Machu Picchu

machu-picchu.jpg

A friend had a wild idea for a DG complex, a three course venue, designed utilizing a distinct Middle Earth geographical area for each course. His picks are The Shire , Mirkwood Forest, and Mordor. It would be easy enough to find a piece of property to support the Shire and Mirkwood courses, but, the Mordor themed course would take some doing. I reckon if you could find some Appalachian property that has been mined for coal to provide the basis for a Mordor course if the property was in the vicinity of the greener and wooded themed courses. There are also plans for a micro brewery and restaurant.

A friend had a wild idea for a DG complex, a three course venue, designed utilizing a distinct Middle Earth geographical area for each course. His picks are The Shire , Mirkwood Forest, and Mordor. It would be easy enough to find a piece of property to support the Shire and Mirkwood courses, but, the Mordor themed course would take some doing. I reckon if you could find some Appalachian property that has been mined for coal to provide the basis for a Mordor course if the property was in the vicinity of the greener and wooded themed courses. There are also plans for a micro brewery and restaurant.

They filmed the very dark and gloomy movie "The Road" (post-apocalyptic flick) in Pennsylvania. Apparently, there is no shortage of burnt out looking towns/areas to suit your purposes there.

Inside the Capitol Building. Vatican City or many other "sacred places."

On a map that showed disc golf course density, I noticed no courses for Spain or Portugal, those seem like good places, nice Mediterranean climate, good to play all year.

i wouldnt want to be in Spain right now. Do you not know about the massive political unrest in that country right now?
Beautiful country though. Could make some amazing courses there.

the Mordor themed course would take some doing.

Craters of the Moon National Park (ID). But I don't think they have any discs that could stand up to the punishment for a whole round. That places is absolutely abusive on anything that touches it.
volmoonriftpic.jpg

Mt Baker Washington, some super beautiful forest land up there plus Baker Lake is one of my favorite places in the world to just escape people.