• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

which backpack bag is best

Choose my backpack bag!

• Hyzerbomb Flak

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Grip large tour bag

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • prodiscus bag

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • something else you recomend

Votes: 55 35.3%

• Total voters
I have heard that Voodoo is working on a backpack bag, which I will probably get when the time comes. I am more than happy with my Karma and if the quality of that is any indicator, their backpack will be killer.

Yes, I am waiting on this one as well! I really like the look and quality of Karma, but want a backpack style bag. They responded to a post I put on their on FB today that they are in the design process, no ETA on when they will be available.

Last edited:
Grip FTW!

This bag is ridiculously comfortable, even when I have 2 40oz water bottles in it. When I look at the straps on the bag they are very similar quality wise to what North Face uses on my backpack.

Last edited:
i have only used the simian so i can't recommend a bag or comment on the others but so far my bag has been great for me. it's a hit on the course and hasn't gotten a bad comment yet. the only down side is that your friends tend to take a seat every time you get up to throw :p

the prodiscus bag is awesome!! sometimes kai takes a little to answer if there is a big tourney or something goin on over in finland... but i love my prodiscus bag i have loaded it up with so much and still rides super comfy!! and all my buddies with grips still say the prodiscus bag is awesome and comfy lol

i will be switching from a zulu. the zulu is too big i carry about 23-24 discs total and the zulu is still like half full lol. the golf mahal is awesome but i didn't save THAT much saved up. i'm mostly torn between grip and flak cause the different is only 5 bucks. i'm gonna save up as close to 200 as possible and i already have 125. Is the flak as comfortable as a grip?

the prodiscus bag is awesome!! sometimes kai takes a little to answer if there is a big tourney or something goin on over in finland... but i love my prodiscus bag i have loaded it up with so much and still rides super comfy!! and all my buddies with grips still say the prodiscus bag is awesome and comfy lol

The prodiscus bag is gynormous. I'm pretty sure i can fit 4 spare tires in the thing and still have room for a DGA Mach Lite. :p

The prodiscus bag is gynormous. I'm pretty sure i can fit 4 spare tires in the thing and still have room for a DGA Mach Lite. :p

yea yesterday we were playing had my 28 discs, 2 40s, 2 towels, my hoody and then my buddies hoody as well since he didnt wanna carry it... lol on top of all my other misc stuff (mini, phone, keys... )

yea yesterday we were playing had my 28 discs, 2 40s, 2 towels, my hoody and then my buddies hoody as well since he didnt wanna carry it... lol on top of all my other misc stuff (mini, phone, keys... )

Yeah, Warobert had his at the mid-atlantic meet and we kept giving him stuff to carry in his. An unfortunate side-effect of having one, i guess. lol

Yeah, Warobert had his at the mid-atlantic meet and we kept giving him stuff to carry in his. An unfortunate side-effect of having one, i guess. lol

yea i felt like a pack mule :p but hey still felt suprisingly not heavy lol

Just an observation about your poll here:

You're going to get more people saying the grip is better, simply because so many more people own it when compared to the others.

Also a lot of people on here have a hard time being objective. If they own it, its the best, regardless of whether or not theyve tried your other choices.
Lots of homers and people with unwarranted brand loyalty here, so when youre readin through advice and such, keep that in mind...

Golf Mahal. I want to buy one and know I'd love it I just have never had the capitol to freely spend on one. Every single one I've tried on has been AMAZING. I could very easily go with a Grip too. The only issue I have with the Grip is that I could use the Mahal for other things besides just golf while the Grip is a pure disc golf bag through and through.

The Simian was awesome but was too top heavy for me to keep the one I had. I haven't tried the new versions of them yet but if they fixed that problem, it's a great bag as well.

that is definatly in mind. i've heard bad things about the guy who makes the grip bags. but i've also heard the flak shoulder straps are not lasting very long. maybe that will be fixed in the third run though

I've tried the Revo, the Gateway pack, a Grip and a Mahal.

Mahal if you want comfort and durability. Can't imagine a better bag.

Marshall street had 2 pro discus bags listed yesterday. I have a mahal that l love so that's my vote.The first and only backpack style I've ever used so definatly biased.

i see that. thats tempting but i think i went too big before with a zulu i don't wanna get somethin too big again. the mahal looks like the coolest bag in the world but its pricey

This question is sorta like asking who loves their mom more. Everyone is gonna say the bag they have. I have a grip and love it but honestly you couldn't go wrong with any of the bags. I say you pick the one you like the best and don't discount prodiscus just because you have to wait, it's a great bag.

that is definatly in mind. i've heard bad things about the guy who makes the grip bags. but i've also heard the flak shoulder straps are not lasting very long. maybe that will be fixed in the third run though

What have you heard bad about the guy who makes the grip bags? Ive heard nothing but good things. He was very helpful and quick to respond when I had any questions. Also a local tourney ordered some bags, there was a mistake in the shipping address, so the bags werent going to make it in time, and Justin threw some in his car and hand delivered them on his way to a different tournament just to make sure they got here in time.

Latest posts