• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

which backpack bag is best

Choose my backpack bag!

• Hyzerbomb Flak

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Grip large tour bag

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • prodiscus bag

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • something else you recomend

Votes: 55 35.3%

• Total voters
Justin Atwater (Grip) is a good guy. He stayed at my house with a buch of the DD guys several years ago (parked the RV out front) and he was a great guest. Been very nice every time I've seen him sense then.

Ok so I'm used to using a Latitude 64 Pro Bag A.K.A. my beefcake. It holds anything and everything I need but I ran into the problem of my back getting sore after long rounds (it weighed 25lbs fully loaded).

Recently I've looked at upgrading to a backpack style bag, namely the Grip, Prodiscus, Simian, and Flak. I took 2nd in a tournament which gave me enough funny money to buy a Grip bag from a vendor and I must say that I love it....And hate it. The Grip Bag is extremely comfortable in comparison to my Latitude bag but just doesn't quite have the room that I am used to. I've already signed the Flak off as being too similar to the Grip, with the added benefit of color choice.

The next choice was the Prodiscus. I've been researching these bad boys for a while and from what I've read, they are filled with an INSANE amount of storage space. Sounds like a good thing right? Although I love being prepared and what not, this bag may be TOO big for me (and most people). Still a top contender in my book and I'm looking at pulling the trigger on one of the ones on Marshall Street.

In first place I currently have the Simian. The fact that I don't need to risk forgetting a stool with me during a tournament is a huge plus. I've worn one and was shocked at how comfy it was and it carries a good amount of gear.

And after all of this I come to the conclusion of: I have no idea what I want either but I've narrowed it down to the Prodiscus or Simian...or keeping my Grip Bag. Well it seems as though i haven't helped at all, hope it helped!

Mahal is pricey but worth it. It's not as big as it looks either. Here's a pic next to a mojo:

a4b07fc1.jpg

I personally carry the Physical Flight Backpack. I've owned both the Grip, Gateway Ozark back pack and now the Physical Flight Backpack. I have back and shoulder problems (multiple surgeries) but the most comfortable is the Physical Flight Bag IMO, wider straps, memory foam padding etc and designed by a Doctor of Physical Therapy.... The Grip is a good bag but doesn't have the storage that the PF bag has and they both come with lifetime warranties. The Gateway Ozark is made of lesser material but still a good bag, just doesn't have the workmanship that the Physical Flight and Grip bag have.

FWIW I took everything out of my latitude pro bag, transferred it straight across to my prodiscus bag and still have room left over. It is extremely comfortable for all day wear and doesn't feel as big as it is. I use mine for everyday play and have absolutely no complaints with it. The only reason I didn't buy a grip when it came out was because I didn't think it would carry everything I wanted to carry. The prodiscus does. I'm glad I waited.

DIY cabelas bag. Cheap and high quality. Small, but holds a lot. Perfect bag except for the cup holder, but you can easily fit a gallon in the top compartment along with other things.

I have owned a Simian for a couple of years and think it's a very good bag. I also recently bought a Grip. I like them both, but I'm keeping the Grip. The Simian will be in the Marketplace sometime later this month, when I get around to it.

FWIW, I also have a Fade Crunch and a single NutSac. Each of the four bags has a place, but the Simian and the Grip overlap too much to justify keeping both.

Last edited:
SIMIAN FTW!!!!! I love my Simian - carry everything I need plus it is a SEAT!!! have my 3 liter camelbak in there which doubles as a cooler for my beers!! i can fit 8 beers in ONE side

grip question: including putters you can fit in putter pocket can you fit 24 discs? 4 or 5 being putters 6 being midranges and about 15 drivers or so

I just checked my Grip and Ive got 4 putters, 6 mids, and 10 drivers in there. Two putters and a driver up top, 2 putters, 6 mids and 9 drivers in the bottom. Probably got room for one more mid/driver in the bottom but it would be tight.

Edit: If I dropped the putter quiver down, I could fit another 2 putters in the putter pocket, but not very easy access as the other putters would be on top of them.

Mahal is pricey but worth it. It's not as big as it looks either. Here's a pic next to a mojo:

a4b07fc1.jpg

^^^^^^
And that's with the mahal pockets fully open. Those outside pockets close up. So it could be smaller.

I choose the mahal. But do like some of the features of the grip

the mahal does sound worth it but i just can't afford it i'm barely getting close to grip or hyzerbomb. thanks for your help everyone. i still might wait to see what voodoo comes out with. i kind of like the flak over the grip because it has another area for disc storage above the main pocket. prodiscus is tempting me from marshall street too. DAMN IT

i'd say mahal if you have the funds...my wife would remove my manhood if i spent that much on a bag...no matter how much i thought it was worth ever red cent!!! nevermind...

Last edited:
Did Someone Say.....MAHAL?!?

Seriously, there is no camparison. It blows every other DG bag out of the water.

I own a grip and love it. I was loooking at the simian (tried one on and its a very nice bag), and the prodiscus also but my local shop had grips in stock and I had cash in hand. Haven't regretted it once. If I ever need more storage the prodiscus would be my next upgrade probably. I've seen a Mahal in person and they aren't as huge as the pics make them look and looks like an awesome bag, just don't ever see myself needing that much storage.

The one upside if you don't like the bag you pick is all the ones mentioned so far should be easy to flip in the MP and recoup your investment to try try something else with.

Does anyone know what the bag is that Schusterick is using at the usdgc? he said it's new and not voodoo...

Last edited:
it says BB on it with the first b backwards like the big black logo lol. i was really close to figuring it out today but the quality on the planet is pretty bad. i really wanna know too i've tried asking on his facebook twice now

Latest posts