• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

which backpack bag is best

Choose my backpack bag!

• Hyzerbomb Flak

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Grip large tour bag

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • prodiscus bag

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • something else you recomend

Votes: 55 35.3%

• Total voters
I will post a quick pic of the proto today when I get home. Storage is 2 6x7 pockets on either side as well as the mini pocket at the top of the bag measured out to hold an IPhone 5 if you like to listen to music and has a Velcro closure for safety so your phone or minis will not fall out. it will hold 12-17 disc comfortably depending on how you use the putter pocket. As well as two drink holders. I tried to meet all the needs that guys wanted in a smaller back pack bag that was affordable.

What kind of storage space are you talking here?

Last edited:
Damn its looking like I should get a grip over the flak. I was trying to support the little guys but i'll feel so cool with a grip! Lol

I had thought Hyzer Bomb was bigger than Grip Equipment.

I am 99.99% sure they have been around longer. Maybe I am wrong??? Please clarify.

Thanks in advance! :hfive:

I had thought Hyzer Bomb was bigger than Grip Equipment.

I am 99.99% sure they have been around longer. Maybe I am wrong??? Please clarify.

Thanks in advance! :hfive:
hyzerbomb is growing but not nearly as big as grip yet. Grip has been around in the bag game longer than hb, hb is a fairly new company.

I will post a quick pic of the proto today when I get home. Storage is 2 6x7 pockets on either side as well as the mini pocket at the top of the bag measured out to hold an IPhone 5 if you like to listen to music and has a Velcro closure for safety so your phone or minis will not fall out. it will hold 12-17 disc comfortably depending on how you use the putter pocket. As well as two drink holders. I tried to meet all the needs that guys wanted in a smaller back pack bag that was affordable.
What colors will it be available in?

which one is best for comfort ? my back is so messed up. I need the best back for the health of my Back. which one is that??

which one is best for comfort ? my back is so messed up. I need the best back for the health of my Back. which one is that??

Best bag for your back is the Physical Flight Challenger. Designed by a doctor of physical therapy and player of 10 years. 4 inch wide memory foam straps and 1 inch memory foam back padding. guaranteed to take stress off your back and shoulders, check out the website in my signature.

Last edited:
hyzerbomb is growing but not nearly as big as grip yet. Grip has been around in the bag game longer than hb, hb is a fairly new company.

Grip released their 1st run in 2011, correct?

When did HB start selling their merch? They have a big line up of other gear besides the bags. I find it hard to believe that they just started doing business earlier this year.

Also, how do you define big? Number of products? Overall sales numbers? DGCR forum chatter level?

There are lots of rumors in regards to this issue......this is the Interweb after all.

Just looking to clarify the facts here. :hfive:

Grip was 2010 but I met Justin in 2009 and he was promoting the company and in the design stage.

HyzerBomb started 2011 with T-shirts and hats before getting the bag out and now is in the TD buisness.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread. It seems like a waiting game. The longer you can hold off on buying a bag the better the bag will be (they seem to improve greatly each run) and the more options you will have. New bags coming out. But with each new bag, the smart move is to wait untill the 3rd run to get the bugs worked out.

at this rate I'll never have a new bag, though I think I've stolen my wife's Grip bag and she will go back to her Carolina.

Grip was 2010 but I met Justin in 2009 and he was promoting the company and in the design stage.

HyzerBomb started 2011 with T-shirts and hats before getting the bag out and now is in the TD buisness.

Thanks for the clarification. :hfive:

However, I am pretty sure the Grip EQ 1st run bag was first made available for sale to the general public in early 2011.

Either way, these 2 companies started selling disc golf bags at essentially the same time. However, it appears that Hyzer Bomb is branching out into other areas of the DG business world while Grip EQ is focusing on the bags.

I have an old skateboarding backpack that I hardly ever used that I discovered yesterday. It has an insulated bottom compartment (that I will be putting a PVC frame in), a cup holder, room for an innova divider in the top, a front pocket that holds a putter, and the best part? A fold out stool. I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of the best budget backpack bags out there.

Proto Bag Boost Pak

I have attached a few pics of our proto back pack. Is going to be called the Boost Pak...only $85 and available in red, green, black, blue, and grey. The bag pictured is in our natural canvas color which we use to build our protos before they go into production.
What colors will it be available in?

Attachments

• BAG.kilgus.side,front.view.jpg
    BAG.kilgus.side,front.view.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 79
Back of the bag...remember this is not the actual color, just a mock up of the bag...before we make the production colors.

I have attached a few pics of our proto back pack. Is going to be called the Boost Pak...only $85 and available in red, green, black, blue, and grey. The bag pictured is in our natural canvas color which we use to build our protos before they go into production.

Attachments

• BAG.kilgus.back.view.jpg
    BAG.kilgus.back.view.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts