• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Which vibram disc is most like a gazelle?

domromer

* Ace Member *
I'm trying to create a vibram bag and I'd like to replace gazelles..What would be your suggestions? Also does the vibram medium plastic last as long as innova champ? I haven't had any vibram stuff long enough to see.

I think a Trak would be a faster version of a DX Gazelle. The Arch would probably be a faster version of a Champ Gazelle.

X-Link is just as durable as Champ plastic (probably more durable).

I think a Trak would be a faster version of a DX Gazelle. The Arch would probably be a faster version of a Champ Gazelle.

X-Link is just as durable as Champ plastic (probably more durable).

I thought so too, but the Trak throws more understable for me. It's one of those things where your mileage may vary.

I am waiting to throw the Valley, Arch and Notch before I can make any comparisons.

Probably won't be until after AM Worlds when I get my hands on them. Since they won't be legal for Worlds play, I'm going to concentrate on my current bag without tempting (or torturing) myself with something new.

Yep, you guys got it.
Trak would be closest to a domey Gazelle.
Ascent would be closest to a fresh, flat top 11X Gazelle.

Thanks for the feedback. So far I've picked up an obex and an unlace.
I love the unlace, and I've only had a few throws with the obex but it seems
good so far. Kinda like a new roc. I'm looking to replace:

Wizard
Buzz
Leopard
Gazelle
wraith
firebird

Wizard Ridge
Buzzz Ibex
Leopard Valley
Gazelle Ascent
wraith ???
firebirdNotch

My recommendations are in bold. The Ridge flies close to a Wizard but feels quite different. Ibex is a better Buzzz. The other discs are not direct replacements but are as close as you can get. Look for a less stable Ascent (smaller number Ascent I think) or a domey, high PLH Trak to replace a Gazelle.

My recommendations are in bold. The Ridge flies close to a Wizard but feels quite different. Ibex is a better Buzzz. The other discs are not direct replacements but are as close as you can get. Look for a less stable Ascent (smaller number Ascent I think) or a domey, high PLH Trak to replace a Gazelle.

Better buzz?

Keep in mind that the Flight Analyzer (according the folks on Reddit) is all but dead. It hasn't been updated since January 2nd. So you might not have a chance to compare the most up-to-date options.

The Gazelle is the one that's hard to replace, because the Vibram mid-ranges are speed 5, whereas the fairways are speed 7 or 8. Small number Ascents are very, very glide-y... hardly noticeably overstable. I'd call them stable, with great glide... hard to find though. I have one in a soft, and it's not for sale.

I'd compare the o-Lace to a Wraith, because both have that little wiggle to them at higher speeds, but the hang-up there is that the o-Lace is 13 whereas the Wraith is speed 11, and then what kind of Wraith are you looking to replace? O-Lace replaced a star Wraith for me, but what are you expecting?

o-Lace 13 5 -1 3
Wraith 11 5 -1 3

Latest posts