• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who will be the next first time winner?

glassila

Double Eagle Member
Who do you think will be the next player to get their first Pro Tour win?

In my opinion, the best MPO candidates are Corey Ellis, Anthony Barela, Cole Redalen and Aaron Gossage. (I'm going with Ellis)

In FPO it seems like Holyn Handley, Macie Velediaz and Ella Hansen are on the cusp of getting a win. Handley has been very close recently, but poor final rounds have cost her the win.
(I'm going with Handley)

I never would have guessed that Sai Ananda would get a DGPT win, but what do I know?! :D

For FPO I think Holyn is the safest bet at this point of the season, I think for MPO its a bit more open but Ithink Corey and Aaron have the edge, with greater consistency on their side vs raw potential like Cole and AB.

I am saying Barela. He has consistently been near the top if not on the top of the leaderboard. He was one unlucky putt away from going into a playoff with Simon the other day.

Barela's step putt from C2 is solid, but it seems like he misses two or three 25-30 footers every tournament which kill him.
I would LOVE to see him win though!

I'm rooting for Ezra Aderhold. I think he has the work ethic, just needs to tighten up his mental game a bit.

Holyn Handley has a similar work ethic and I think her mental is a little better than Ezra's so she has my vote on FPO.

Hard to argue with any of the names people have thrown out there.

Out of all the names mentioned, I think there are several that could win an event. AB should win an event for the same reasons that Blomroos and Evalina should. Each of them can play at the top of the field and they each have a critical flaw that costs them the win. For all three it's putting. AB putts great until he 3 putts. Blomroos and Evalina seem to struggle regularly with putting.

But for a solo pic to win a DGPT event, I'll go with Ella. She keeps chipping away.

Didn't Henna win the European Open a year or two back? No idea how that ties in with the DGPT though.

I'd love to see Holyn Handley win, but I suspect she needs another year to polish it up. That scoober she threw worried me :)
Macie would be a great pick - she has all the tools.

Too many options on the MPO side, but AB looks a good pick this year.