• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worlds adjust pools to add more AM women, juniors

The potential expansion options include some combination of 5-somes, fewer rounds, starting a day earlier, three rounds per day on some courses and/or cuts - none which are considered acceptable trade-offs to increase the MA1 field this year.

I've heard some rumblings that the TD's for Worlds are unhappy giving away more spots to women. Not sure I wouldn't be either. Women make up like 18%(or less?) of our sport or something like that. But they've set aside like twice that in spots at this point while you have a growing list of am players that want to give their money to get in . . .

So you're not married, or else your wife doesn't know about your secret disregard for her gender?

I've heard some rumblings that the TD's for Worlds are unhappy giving away more spots to women. Not sure I wouldn't be either. Women make up like 18%(or less?) of our sport or something like that. But they've set aside like twice that in spots at this point while you have a growing list of am players that want to give their money to get in . . .

You have a bad source. TD's really have no preference. We are the host club for the PDGA's tournament.

The potential expansion options include some combination of 5-somes, fewer rounds, starting a day earlier, three rounds per day on some courses and/or cuts - none which are considered acceptable trade-offs to increase the MA1 field this year.

No way for three rounds a day on any course. That diminishes the experience of the tournament for early and late pools. That is one of the reasons that we built out at 14 courses, so nobody would have to play too early or to finish in the dark and not make evening festivities.

You have a bad source. TD's really have no preference. We are the host club for the PDGA's tournament.

Thanks Stan. I appreciate you taking time out of getting Charlotte ready for all of us to quell stupid musings like that. We in Texas appreciate all the hard work you guys have done and are still doing. See you in a couple months!

I was at Innova East today and heard from some guys that work there that there some rumblings about the fields filling quickly. Apparently there are several Charlotte area players that didn't play enough tournaments to get an invite and are upset about not being able to play.

I was at Innova East today and heard from some guys that work there that there some rumblings about the fields filling quickly. Apparently there are several Charlotte area players that didn't play enough tournaments to get an invite and are upset about not being able to play.

:(:(:hfive:

Apparently there are several Charlotte area players that didn't play enough tournaments to get an invite and are upset about not being able to play.
Sounds like they could be volunteers to help run the event.

This ^ and the year before worlds is coming to your town I would think you would play more tournaments than you might usually just in case. Of course we don't know if you mean upset with the process or just with themselves.

I would volunteer but I plan on following and getting pictures. :D

I'm gonna be doing this. I was hoping to get in and since I didn't start playing tourneys til October I didn't have the points. Oh well....you can find me at Bradford chillin with Schleppy

Understandably, they might not be very happy with volunteering for Worlds instead of playing, especially for locals who have already spent many hours building or maintaining the courses used for Worlds. (Note that neither of these particularly apply to me)

Understandably, they might not be very happy with volunteering for Worlds instead of playing, especially for locals who have already spent many hours building or maintaining the courses used for Worlds. (Note that neither of these particularly apply to me)

It depends on whether their goal was to play well on home courses and take advantage of being a local, or to showcase what their city/area/club does to support the sport that we all love. 2 ways of looking at it.

I was thinking about it, there are some locals here who have put hours and hours and hours into making these courses shine. It is really unfortunate that they might not be able to play. I know it's their "fault", however it would be neat if somehow a list of 10 people could get some sort of exemption (I understand that it won't and can't happen logistically).

I just want to say "thanks" to all of the crews at the courses who have already made this year's worlds top notch!

There are many course volunteers who would like to play in their home events but are needed more to help out run the events like Bill, Sam and Stan. My favorite Worlds to play in would likely have been the ones I helped host in 2001 and 2007.

I was thinking about it, there are some locals here who have put hours and hours and hours into making these courses shine. It is really unfortunate that they might not be able to play. I know it's their "fault", however it would be neat if somehow a list of 10 people could get some sort of exemption (I understand that it won't and can't happen logistically).

I just want to say "thanks" to all of the crews at the courses who have already made this year's worlds top notch!

They can caddy for me. :thmbup::popcorn:

I came back to the sport after a 7 year injury hiatus in hopes of making my worlds debut. Bummed there is no way I can get into MA1, but it won't stop me from playing Open just for the experience.

There are many course volunteers who would like to play in their home events but are needed more to help out run the events like Bill, Sam and Stan. My favorite Worlds to play in would likely have been the ones I helped host in 2001 and 2007.

I didn't get an invite. :hfive:

Latest posts