• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst injury played with...

Broke my pinky finger making a TRC catch at the 98 world junior overalls. Still managed to win distance later that day with a broken finger on my throwing hand. Just glad most the events were already done.

I played lefty for a few weeks when I messed up my right wrist. I also used disc golf to rehab my ankle after I tore three ligaments, I had to throw from a standstill for 6 weeks though.

Played with a guy back in the day from Alexandria, MN, that only had one leg. Very solid player, and thats a hell of an injury to play with.

Blown disc in neck, spinal fusion surgery on May 16 this year. Back playing 36 a day. I'm still pretty tight in the neck, but my power and distance is back. The best thing is no numbness in my limbs anymore. I still deal with a lot of pain though but like sombody else said, I can't stop Im addicted to the game. Side note. When I first started back up 1 month after the operation I only brought out mid-range and putters. It's the best thing that happened to my game. When I finally got the drivers back in the bag, my distance and snap was way improved. :thmbup:

currently playing with a torn ACL, torn lateral meniscus and torn medial meniscus all in my left knee
will be that way (or worse) until the end

unlike some, it's not the lack of insurance (thank you Canada) it's the fact that at my age and with the damage done and the arthritis setting in the surgeons now won't touch me
(and I think my sports doctor thinks I'll go back to playing soccer and ultimate...and he doesn't want me to have an artificial knee...yet)

I went over the bars on my 29er a little over 3 months ago. Couple of sprained wrists, contused knee, ankle, concussion. I was hurting, but I'd just gotten over a broken foot and didn't want to deal with more x-rays, doctors, casts, etc. Until today. X-rays revealed a couple of broken bones in my throwing hand. It had been hurting, but I figured it was simply because my addiction to the game was exacerbating the injury, stifling the healing process. Of course, it was, but to what extent, I didn't know until today. In any case, I'm out for a while. Gonna try lefty, what the hell.

Herniated discs,C-3/4,C-4/5. Pinched nerve from this across back and all the way down to my finger tips. Feels best when I am playing and its stretched.But the whole right side of your torso in a spasm for 2 months sucks....

I play with a pars defect in the lumbar region of my spine, as well as a knee that rolls out randomly on its own, and chronic migraines. I also have bad ankles from years of softball and basketball. Disc golf is one of the few lower impact things I can do to stay in shape without feeling like crap the next day.

these past 4 pages were hard to look thru, yall are some f*ckin troopers. ive learned to play left handed after breaking my right wrist as well as played on seriously sprained ankles, but broken backs and sh*t seems crazy. play on..always!!

How about bulging discs in L1-2,L3-4,L4-5and L5-S1 4 of which are also herniated. L5-S1 is partial sacralization, Central and neural foraminal stenosis and facet arthropathy/hypertrophy. Well actually its been three years since this MRI so I assumed it has changed.I chose the no surgery route and have good days and bad. Disc golf has helped me stay active and drastically improved my Quality of life.

Diarrhea. Had to clean off a couple of tee pads, when there were others in my group teeing after me. A couple of times I teed off last, and I just left it there. :sick:

I broke my foot this past winter right in the middle of winter leagues. I decided to sit out the rest of the league but I still went out sometimes in my boot and played around in a field...

Blown right knee makes it really nerve racking for me to throw RHBH on dirt/uneven tee boxes. Concrete tees I seem to be okay, unless it's a little wet but down here in Texas no rain has made it easier on me. When I play courses without level concrete pads I shoot higher because I use mainly FH and I am WAY less acurate this way. I still play with my bum knee, busted twice, semi-torn meniscus in multiple places, but I can not stay away and I can't afford surgery. So I suck it up and play, I'll stop playing when I can't walk!