• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I've grown into mine, but the first Wraith and the most beat Wraith I have is an F2 that doesn't say Wraith on the underside. Can't figure out what this marking means at all.

fullsizeoutput-84c.jpg

That's a 175g pro Wraith.

My favorites are 171g PopTop Stars but down to 168 is good too. They have enough stability to be reliable but glide for days. Most of mine are F2s cause i'm cheap and i found a run of poptops I liked in 171g. Fly very similar to the flat wing destroyers for me. This at a consistent 375 power.

I've grown into mine, but the first Wraith and the most beat Wraith I have is an F2 that doesn't say Wraith on the underside. Can't figure out what this marking means at all.

I'm pretty sure that's PWR for Pro Wraith. Plenty of love for pro plastic wraiths. They tend to have a mellow PLH and season nicely.

Edit: sorry I missed the other replies above

I'm pretty sure that's PWR for Pro Wraith. Plenty of love for pro plastic wraiths. They tend to have a mellow PLH and season nicely.

Edit: sorry I missed the other replies above

This is a critical disc for me, but I never worked out the mark. Might have been mis-inked, as that could be why it was an F2. Anyway, my bag is mostly doubles, so I have a fresher Star Wraith I work in. Might buy a Pro Wraith on my next dip to compare.

So how about y'all? How light do you go on a star wraith before the lack of control starts to become not worth it?

I have a handful around 170 - 175. One Star at 167 and one that's way down at 147. The 167 is a bit less stable, but still reliable when thrown on hyzer. The 147 is very unpredictable when thrown on a flat trajectory. I really only use when I have to throw something over a large tree or something, where I can let it flip up, and trust that the height and nose angle are going to make it a bit more stable than it usually would be. I would guess mid-to-high 150s is probably the limit of workability for those of us around that 350 range. Really depends on how much hyzer you like to throw with and how much wind you're dealing with though.

This is a critical disc for me, but I never worked out the mark. Might have been mis-inked, as that could be why it was an F2. Anyway, my bag is mostly doubles, so I have a fresher Star Wraith I work in. Might buy a Pro Wraith on my next dip to compare.

And even pro wraiths are going to have a lot of disc-to-disc variation. And pro mix is different from year to year (just the same as star/champion/anything).

I'd definitely compare wing heights when you get some new ones. (Or even compare wing heights on your current pair.)

Thanks for the replies y'all. I have plenty of fun with glitch only rounds, so I think I'll pick up a few low 150s to play with. (And probably a couple more 160s for general workhorse duty).

Anybody have any experience with throwing light weight Wraiths in the 130–150-gram range? How do they fly compared to a normal Wraith?

Anybody have any experience with throwing light weight Wraiths in the 130–150-gram range? How do they fly compared to a normal Wraith?
My first Wraith was around 140-145g, in Star. That thing is by far the most understable Wraith I have ever thrown.

When my max distance was like 300' I could flex that thing in tailwind and get it out to like 350'.

Only use I can see a consistent 350'+ thrower having for it would be distance competitions with massive tailwind.

That said, lightweight drivers can vary crazy amounts, I'm sure someone's most overstable Wraith was like 135g or something.

on my 3rd gstarr of the year

ill need to eventually get some pro wraiths to get a cycle goin since i lose all my gstarr before i can cycle em

the gstarr feels so good and is os but not meathook os

much love for the wraith

on my 3rd gstarr of the year

ill need to eventually get some pro wraiths to get a cycle goin since i lose all my gstarr before i can cycle em

the gstarr feels so good and is os but not meathook os

much love for the wraith

Factory second Pro Wraiths (buy enough to get the discount) are the way to go. At about $6 each after tax, they don't hurt so much to inevitably lose.

Great mold that I've moved away from a couple times, but I always find my way back.

Factory second Pro Wraiths (buy enough to get the discount) are the way to go. At about $6 each after tax, they don't hurt so much to inevitably lose.

Great mold that I've moved away from a couple times, but I always find my way back.
kindred spirit

all my current star and gstarr are f2 and i dont plan on changing that

they are expendable and if i lose one aint no big thang

im goin to pull the trigger on some f2 pro wraiths

ive moved away from wraith a handful of times but i keep goin back (obligatory f innova comment)

nothin flies exactly how wraiths do for my noodle arm makes me feel like im kenny klimbo

I picked up several color glow Wraiths from tourney payout over the summer and love the plastic, good grip and on the softer side. I'm bagging 3 of them because they range in stability from slightly US, stable, to slightly OS. Flattest is the least stable, domiest is more OS, parting line correlates to stability as well. Innova molding inconsistencies are working for me in this case.

Elmex, you might try a Royal Grace. The right ones have a little better glide than most Wraiths.

I picked up several color glow Wraiths from tourney payout over the summer and love the plastic, good grip and on the softer side. I'm bagging 3 of them because they range in stability from slightly US, stable, to slightly OS. Flattest is the least stable, domiest is more OS, parting line correlates to stability as well. Innova molding inconsistencies are working for me in this case.

Elmex, you might try a Royal Grace. The right ones have a little better glide than most Wraiths.
i dont think ive seen on in real life ill have to peep one if a buddy is throwin one

thank you for the heads up

My go too disc is my bottom stamped Star Wraiths.

In fact, every time I stop at a disc store, if they have ANY red Bottom Stamped Star Wraiths, consider them sold. Walked out of one shop with 3 of them in KC.

I have a 132g Wraith (just checked it - wow, that is lighter than I thought). I have only played 4 months, and usually max out at about 225'. For me, thrown RHBH flat, the Wraith almost always fades pretty hard. I guess I need to try throwing it on an anhyzer angle and see what that does. I prefer a flat release, so at least for now I like my light weight Terns and Fission Wave a lot more. Still trying out a few more light weight distance drivers, too - seeing what can help me get more easy distance. I guess I prefer stable to under stable discs, which seems to jive with being a beginner. Over stable I tend to just dump short with a hard left fade.

Last edited:
I have a 145-150g Wraith. I have only played 4 months, and usually max out at about 225'. For me, thrown RHBH flat, the Wraith almost always fades pretty hard. I guess I need to try throwing it on an anhyzer angle and see what that does. I prefer a flat release, so at least for now I like my light weight Terns and Fission Wave a lot more. Still trying out a few more light weight distance drivers, too - seeing what can help me get more easy distance. I guess I prefer stable to under stable discs, which seems to jive with being a beginner.
Ok, going to be super honest with you.

Pick up midrange discs and practice with them. When you can throw them straight, left and right. THEN you will be ready to throw a driver.

For your first driver, you want something like a sidewinder. Something very understable. If you don't have much arm speed, a light weight disc will help some.

But the key is to learn how to throw golf discs with slower midrange discs, then graduate to untestable drivers/fairway discs.

When you start turning them over, go something more stable. (sorry, I am not much on flight numbers yet, been playing too long)

I LOVE my wraiths, I throw them for fairway drivers, not for distance. I only throw Star and I try to get them as flat as possible.

Last edited:
Ok, going to be super honest with you.

Pick up midrange discs and practice with them. When you can throw them straight, left and right. THEN you will be ready to throw a driver.

For your first driver, you want something like a sidewinder.
Honest back:
My first fairway I could get a decent S flight with was Leopards. Then, I really got liking Lat 64 Retro Burst Diamonds. Fly very straight - like to go to flat if I accidentally release on a little hyzer angle, and now I get them about 190-200', maybe a little more once in a while. They have a gentle fade, and thrown on a bit of anhyzer I can get a slight S curve out of them. I bought a used Champion Sidewinder - thing almost always fades hard on me if I throw it flat. I suck with all mid ranges if I throw with a power grip - very erratic. Just today I discovered my Watt is the only putter (towards a mid range with that 5 glide) I can throw fairly well with a power grip. I threw Watt 4-5 times tonight, at about 150-180', and relatively straight. Normally less than 100' I throw a putter with a fan grip. Over 100', I was doing great with a Pro Leopard, but I grip locked it and the hard right sailed it into a lake a few days ago. It went very straight for me, up to about 200'. Now plan on trying out my Leopard3, the Watt, and maybe my Centurion for that spot in my bag. I already got so many discs, I hate to buy another PL, but it might be hard to resist on Innova F2 Friday. I will probably lose a little reliability from the Pro Leopard, which would tempt me for sure. What I think I am missing in my game - snap. Need better technique/form (or maybe timing), and learn how to get body power and convert it to disc speed. Despite my inability to use mid ranges, my short game is decent, and I would even call my spin putting a strength. Under 100' using a putter with a fan grip is definitely my comfort zone. I play and practice multiple times a week, and study a lot, but struggle to get distance. That is why I am enjoying throwing the light weight Terns and Wave. Not as consistent with them as I would like, but getting there, and 200-225', with the extremely rare Tern getting up to 245'. I will try the mid ranges again at the practice field, but experience says I will give up quickly, again. I have a Roc3, Makko3, Fuse, Pearl, and a few others. I have 2 Buzzzes, but they are my son's favorites, so I let him bag them. I can do better with them than any of my other mids, but still not great. It sounds like an excuse, but mids just don't feel right in my hands with a power grip. Can it be a small hands thing?!?! IDK - maybe I can't get a clean release with them?

Latest posts