• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] X1 Driver

He said thrown with a little anhyzer. I'm sure it will be really over stable

I thought he said flat release (that looked like a gentle hyzer to me).
Also, I agree with someone here that said the wind didn't look like 20mph (but it could have been).
Nonetheless, the flight was pretty good, not much turn and a late fade into a headwind.

I hope to hear some complete reviews of this disc soon as they are out today. So....Please, to the folks that get them....do some good fieldwork and report back to base.......base being DGcoursereview.

I threw one yesterday & they are BEEFY. My buddy who's thrown Gateway quite a bit said he would call it a faster Spirit. I was told, TIFWIW, that these were produced because of the flat, super beefy lavender D1's they were throwing at the Memorial. Basicaly a production run of those stupid stable D1's if you will. I have 350-375 (?) power & they were way too stable for me. I could release with huge anny & it would fight back like it was nothing. Even torqued over FH they fought out unless kept pretty low.
This was just my experience with limited throws & watching other people throw it. If you have a different experience or think I'm full of crap so be it. I don't work for Prodigy & I'm not sponsored by Prodigy (or anybody for that matter). These are simply my limited observations

And whether you like Prodigy or Will either one, when he throws a driver, full throttle into a headwind, & it doesn't turn I'm not sure how you could honestly say- "Doesn't look that stable"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I throw about 410 and I was throwing the X1 yesterday and it is a super beefy. Throws like a force but maybe a little bit more stable. Its deff a sidearm or thumber for me

Picked up a couple of these at 174g marked. It is overstable and fast. I typically am finding it 30-50ft farther than I think from the teepad. It isn't stilleto or giant overstable, so it runs straight for 100-150ft before hooking. It holds straight longer into headwinds, actually flies like a D1 into a 15mph wind.

RHFH: 300-350ft distance. Was straight with skip/ hard fade on flat release. Could coax more distance with a high anhyzer release. It fights out of anhyzer well. Will finish hard right if thrown hyzer into wind.

RHBH:250-400ft distance. Very fun disc to skip on short holes, will skip hard and nearly 90 degrees left. I was only getting 320-350 on a big hyzer line without wind. Better distance by snapping it hard/flat or slight anhyzer. Best distance I got were flat max power into 10-15mph wind.

Overhand: 200-300ft. Was not as predictable as my firebird or stilleto. May have been grip or wind, not sure. Gonna have to play a bit more. It is a bit too much disc for tomahawk power, but I had no issue getting it over with thumber hucks.

Feels just like a flat D1 in the hand. RHFH it flies like a faster firebird. Comes out of the hand on a rope and finishes with a violent fade. Thrown low, it is great for long skips shots.

I just got one in the mail. 174g. 750 plastic. is that the only plastic these come in?

Alright, well... yeah. Got one today for field testing and IT'S INSANELY STABLE! It's like a flat 12x firebird on steroids! I throw pretty far but all this disc wants to do is eat the ground rather than fly forward. Doesn't matter which angle you put it on, it will fade back very hard. You can't even really skip this thing. I have yet to test it in windy conditions, but I see it being a great disc in those 20mph+ headwinds. Maybe that is what it was designed for.

Once all the flashing is gone these things are wonderful, workable yet still very overstable. They all come with a lot of flashing and are BEEFY fresh.

I agree. After 10-15 throws and the flashing started to wear and beat in a little this is becoming a pretty awesome utility disc for me. Like others have said it seems sneak fast. I'm finding it 20-30 ft further than I thought pretty often. I also never forehand and this is starting to give me confidence in "cheating" a few flick lines.

The 750 plastic isn't as great as I thought it was going to be. It's to slick. It takes a half a dozen wipes with a towel before I feel confident enough to give this thing a full powered flick. I won't be buying any other molds in this plastic, even though it is the most durable.

Love the plastic, love the flight. As this disc beats in it just gets better and better. Super reliable beef and powers down extremely well for low ceiling skip shots.

I'm not a Prodigy fan generally speaking, but I am a fan of the X1

Am I the only one that thinks 750 plastic is the exact same as 400g plastic? I really can't tell a difference at all.

The 750 plastic isn't as great as I thought it was going to be. It's to slick. It takes a half a dozen wipes with a towel before I feel confident enough to give this thing a full powered flick. I won't be buying any other molds in this plastic, even though it is the most durable.

too slick? maybe wipe the grease off your hands.. prodigy plastic is very grippy.

Am I the only one that thinks 750 plastic is the exact same as 400g plastic? I really can't tell a difference at all.

It seems very close.. maybe a little stiffer.. but thats about it.

These are the most OS driver ive thrown since the CEish HPP spirits.
Its basically a utility disc for anyone who doesnt have 550'+ power. Im getting used to it, not sure if i 'need' it. But i am having success with some odd angled throws and skip shots. I can get it about 325' on a 3/4 sidearm throw with some height.
Rim is too big for me to thumb, likely dont have the power for it anyway.

Latest posts