• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your FAVE Course Signage???

France Park's old signs were the coolest I've seen. Shame they're gone, but I understand.

picture.php

picture.php

Kinda perfect use of Futura.

Pitching in on a local project. I have been playing my neighborhood course and have missed 9 and 10 a couple of times. Really focused on reading from a distance and also getting numbers on the baskets. These logos—placement and sizing are mandatory for sponsorship. I wonder about fading if the do 4-color vinyl.

Attachments

• 58FFAE5E-D2FF-44A5-9CD8-5EFDE289DDB0.jpg
    58FFAE5E-D2FF-44A5-9CD8-5EFDE289DDB0.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 44
About a hundred hours of labor, and with multiple redesigns in our rearview mirror... I've completed the tee signs for my home course. This design was created, initially, by Justin "Random Deuce Guy" Gill. All that's really left of his initial work is the look of the course maps (he laid out the map for Hole 1 - after that I ran with it and did all the other holes). The holes were designed by placing down all of the trees over Google Earth screenshots, and then I walked the course with a laptop and moved every tree to its correct spot and used a Bushnell for all measurements. Any blind shots done using A2+B2=C2, so all distances are straight-line from pin to tee (or in the case of fairway distances from pin directly to landmarks they align with).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100101976601250&type=3

All work done in Adobe Illustrator. The linked album should be publicly available even if you do not have a Facebook account.

Tee Signs: 18" tall x 12" wide
Hole Sponsor Signs: 6" tall x 12" wide, mounted directly below tee signs
Course Signs: 48" tall x 72" wide (to be mounted back-to-back)
Next Tee Signs: 9" tall x 6" wide

All will be mounted on ground contact treated 4x4s. Course Signs will be slid into slots cut into the 4x4s. Tamper resistant fasteners will be used.

Oh, to pre-empt any comments on the course design: this is a 23 year old course. Our club has nothing to do with the design or any revisions to the design which occurred over 10 years ago. We are only responsible for signage. I understand the layout is cramped and streets are heavily in play. We have nothing to do with that part of things but are already aware of all related concerns.

Last edited:
Where did you find the results for the 1998 Ottawa Park Open? Because I'm pretty sure one of the division winners was UT's current (at the time) Director of Bands...

Where did you find the results for the 1998 Ottawa Park Open? Because I'm pretty sure one of the division winners was UT's current (at the time) Director of Bands...
Osh sent me a bunch of photos of documents from the 1990s.

About a hundred hours of labor, and with multiple redesigns in our rearview mirror... I've completed the tee signs for my home course. This design was created, initially, by Justin "Random Deuce Guy" Gill. All that's really left of his initial work is the look of the course maps (he laid out the map for Hole 1 - after that I ran with it and did all the other holes). The holes were designed by placing down all of the trees over Google Earth screenshots, and then I walked the course with a laptop and moved every tree to its correct spot and used a Bushnell for all measurements. Any blind shots done using A2+B2=C2, so all distances are straight-line from pin to tee (or in the case of fairway distances from pin directly to landmarks they align with).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100101976601250&type=3

All work done in Adobe Illustrator. The linked album should be publicly available even if you do not have a Facebook account.

Tee Signs: 18" tall x 12" wide
Hole Sponsor Signs: 6" tall x 12" wide, mounted directly below tee signs
Course Signs: 48" tall x 72" wide (to be mounted back-to-back)
Next Tee Signs: 9" tall x 6" wide

All will be mounted on ground contact treated 4x4s. Course Signs will be slid into slots cut into the 4x4s. Tamper resistant fasteners will be used.

Oh, to pre-empt any comments on the course design: this is a 23 year old course. Our club has nothing to do with the design or any revisions to the design which occurred over 10 years ago. We are only responsible for signage. I understand the layout is cramped and streets are heavily in play. We have nothing to do with that part of things but are already aware of all related concerns.

I'll be traveling to Toledo quite a bit for work this year, definitely putting this course at the top of my bucket list

I'll be traveling to Toledo quite a bit for work this year, definitely putting this course at the top of my bucket list
It is definitely an easy play. It is a pretty good open-park par 3 challenge for a player around 900 rated from the long tees, and good for the mid-800s from the short tees. Not gonna lose any plastic, unless you can't climb a tree. If the park is empty there are a few really nice Safari layouts in UDisc with par in the mid-60s.

Wow ChrisWoj! Definitely among the best tee signs I've seen. So much information without being confusing or looking cluttered. :clap:
Credit for the general layout goes to Justin Gill, of Aurora, Colorado. He's credited on the signs by his instagram name, randomdeuceguy. :) He laid it all out, and came up with the aesthetic for the map. I was just the grunt labor and then did the revisions per city requests. ;)

I'd like to share photos of the signs, which came in yesterday morning. The signs in the link were printed by PrintMoz.com - They did a fantastic job for us. The graphics are very sharp. The materials are solid. The pricing was well within our budget (all 59 of these signs ran a total of $2167). They are 1/8 inch dibond (aluminum alloy), with a gloss protective coat.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100105055650810&type=3

I'm very happy with the work they did, definitely recommend them. Only minor quibble - blacks are not truly deep. But that's not the easiest thing in the world, probably exaggerated a little by the protective coat. They look fantastic.

I'd like to share photos of the signs, which came in yesterday morning. The signs in the link were printed by PrintMoz.com - They did a fantastic job for us. The graphics are very sharp. The materials are solid. The pricing was well within our budget (all 59 of these signs ran a total of $2167). They are 1/8 inch dibond (aluminum alloy), with a gloss protective coat.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100105055650810&type=3

I'm very happy with the work they did, definitely recommend them. Only minor quibble - blacks are not truly deep. But that's not the easiest thing in the world, probably exaggerated a little by the protective coat. They look fantastic.

These are incredible! :clap:

Just clicked into this thread bc someone liked one of my posts...

If you're still making your way into Toledo you'll be pleasantly surprised next time - Ottawa now has an entirely new set of Innova Discatchers out there. :)

Latest posts