• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Nightmare Hole

Hole 5 at Nevin Park is the only hole that's ever made me cringe. I've gotten better since the first time I played it, and even parred it, but if you get off the fairway, it's rough. It gives me chills just thinking about the 10 I took on it yesterday.

It's a big S shaped hole with a tight 600 some foot fairway that undulates through the woods. It's all about placement. Great hole.

pretty much every hole i play i hate but today hole number 22 at joseph davis ruined me in todays tournament. doubled it both rounds today

Hole#3 at Seneca SC. Between 600-700ft s-turning hole with dense woods on both sides of the fairway. Want to say the fairway is 16-20 ft wide, which is fair, but if you get off it in the woods about all you can do is pitch back out. Best I've ever done on it is a 4 or 5, but have taken as much as an 8 before.

Hole#3 at Seneca SC. Between 600-700ft s-turning hole with dense woods on both sides of the fairway. Want to say the fairway is 16-20 ft wide, which is fair, but if you get off it in the woods about all you can do is pitch back out. Best I've ever done on it is a 4 or 5, but have taken as much as an 8 before.

Shoot, Nevin has several holes like that. Nevin puts the h8n on any disc golfer.

op ive played PP hole 5 and its not tough, but has a lot of x-factors. i can see how it can be 'that hole' for sure.

my 'that hole' (read: nemisis) is hole 2 on the back 18 of la mirada:

2def2090.jpg

shoots over a valley and then uphill. double mando gates-of-hell at about 230'.

I don't know why you're tripppin' on that hole... the last time we played you had an easy par. Every dog has his day I guess.... :D

Hole #6 at Kaposia. I'm not sure why but I always seem to screw up this hole. It's not even the hardest hole on the course!
e50d9edd.jpg

hole5 pueblo city park i have a really hard time with this hole http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=418&mode=gal#

Thats not an easy hole. I think I throw my Buzzz straight down the middle and hope for a little fade to the left. There is a gap there, just got to find it. Probably the toughest one for me is hole 10 on Lindsey Red course in Tyler Texas. Super tight fairway with trees all around, a small stream and heavily guarded basket with poison ivy.

have any of you ever played elysian preety much all of them are that hole because you cant mess up

f9347ed3.jpg
Death Vally(disc grave yard) to the right a nice drop off full of briers and the wind likes to blow left to right.

These all sound like addictive types of holes. Love hate type.
I have many candidates Most recently would have to be French Creek #3 in PA. It's 880 feet along an old firepath about 15-20 feet wide with woods left and a steep deep dropoff left for the first 500 feet before it dives downward with an elevation drop into the woods for the last 300 feet with the basket to the right. So a rhbh player like me has to make 2 straightish drives in a row with zero fade then a precise 3rd drive downhill then approach to a protected pin and putt out for the par 5 Recovery is not possible as if your off the fairway your either pitching out or way downhill in unforgiving messiness. I've taken routine 7 and 8s here and have not figured this one out in 4 plays yet. Playing conservative yields bogey golf essentially you have to go for it. Tough hole.

Any hole I am very capable of birding that my competition is not likely to bird. I usually end up trying really hard to pick up a stroke and then end up getting a 4.

(IE hole 6 edora. Its about 500' slight down hill, OB lining the right. I can park it, but trying often involves a long putt, with a long comeback if I miss (fast green) or going OB and laying up for the (4), nearly everyone else drives to 100-175 out, and upshots, and putts for a 3 )

Hole #14 Pinnacle. It is a par three 511' right turning nightmare full of trees and bushes. I have played Pinnacle at least 350 to 400 times and parred the hole three times. I have a friend who has played there at least the same number of times and he has only parred it eight times. The hole has been birdied once on a 175' putt. A bogie or double bogie is normal for everybody here. Everyone is in favor of it becoming a par four since the three par fours on the course are all shorter that this hole.

This is my favorite course , Gulf Meadows in Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, Tx. Hole #9 always eats my lunch. I have only birdied it once. Its not a long hole, about 279ft, but the trees on the left and right, and the horrible mess you will get into on the left if you don't hit the opening, all make this hole a pain. Here are a couple of pics:

JackBrooks91.jpg

JackBrooks9-2.jpg

Can you throw a giant hyzer over top all those trees and come in from the top side? Cant tell from the pick but that might take the trees at the beginning of the hole out of play.