• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] ZFLX !?!

That bag looks like they just photoshopped the Discraft logo onto it. ;)

I love Discraft, but am not excited about this news. I'll get an X Crank though.

Their order form has Buzzz, Buzzz OS, Buzzz SS, Challenger, Crank, Heat, Nuke, Nuke OS, Nuke SS and Zone listed in Z FLX.

Also Crank, Heat and Mantis coming out in X.

Challenger and Zone would be sweet.

Those Zones will be sweet! I'll have to check out a Buzzz and a Zone. I really just want some concave ESP Zones :(

One of my local shops just got a big stack of ZFLX. Might have to check some out... Don't know how a ZFLX Nuke would be, seems a bit floppy for a driver, but I'll check some out.

If the challengers are stable/straight, I will be excited. I have a couple of the ESP FLX ones that are pretty understable. I haven't been a big fan of the Crystal FLX either. I'll definitely be trying a couple of them though. Discraft plastic tends to be pretty good. I really like a lot of the Z they have been putting out lately.

I have a 174g Cryztal FLX Nuke that was MONEY for years. Held up great. Even as my main driver for two seasons, it still hardly looks thrown. We'll see how the ZFLX is in comparison. The pancake shots they have in their ads worry me a bit..

I just got a ledgestone "Z" buzzz OS(only labeling is Buzzz OS tooling, no plastic blend info on the stamp). It is way more gummy and flexible than any Z plastic I've ever felt up or thrown. It is even a lil more flexible than my glo flx buzzes. I can bend it like the disc in the OP's photo. I am fairly certain this one is an early release of the Z-flx (small ledgestone stamp only, candy-glass clear). I will compare it to my glo-flx Buzzz OS in the field later today.

Update:

So when i got both discs in the sun the glo-flx, or goo fox as auto correct wants me to call it, was noticeably more flexible than the [apparently] Z-flx. The Z[flx] had been sitting in my mailbox and the Glo-flx in my house when I first compared their feel. However, this Z[flx] disc is was still plenty more flexy than my other Z plastic, definitely not production Z. And seemingly less flx polymer than The glo-flx runs. I imagine the production Z-flx may be a tad more flexy than the Glo-flx... The relationship comparing flexibility of Glo-flx > Z[flx] may be similar to a comparison of Z-flx > Glo-flx.

(Z-flx > Glo-flx > Z[flx] )

As for flight, they are pretty much the same, Glo-flx skips much less though. production Z-flx's might stop on a dime. Or they might tweak the ratio of Z-flx to make them more similar to Glo-flx feel. Time will tell.

Grabbed a ZFLX Chally, Buzzz, and Nuke. Not quite as ridiculous as their advertisement makes it seem. It's very gummy, and comfortable. Still flies true, unlike some other soft blends. (I'm looking at you G*) And hits and sticks pretty well. I was actually surprised at how little skip I was getting from a Nuke. Nukes used to be my gold standard of drivers, so I'm very familiar with them. However, these did not have the masssssssive skip capability I was used to.

All in all, a solid plastic blend if you're into the softer side of DG. I'll stick with my Prodigy for now, though. :)

Grabbed a ZFLX Chally, Buzzz, and Nuke. Not quite as ridiculous as their advertisement makes it seem. It's very gummy, and comfortable. Still flies true, unlike some other soft blends. (I'm looking at you G*) And hits and sticks pretty well. I was actually surprised at how little skip I was getting from a Nuke. Nukes used to be my gold standard of drivers, so I'm very familiar with them. However, these did not have the masssssssive skip capability I was used to.

All in all, a solid plastic blend if you're into the softer side of DG. I'll stick with my Prodigy for now, though. :)

G* when fresh flies about as true as any plastic out there...

Just feels too floppy in my hand. I can never get a clean release. Then again, I'm not a fan of most soft blends anyway. I'm sure it's me, not the plastic, but we've never gotten along. :D

Latest posts