• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zuca vs. Delta vs. Gotta Go Carts

Which cart do you recommend:

• Zuca Disc Golf Cart

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Delta Disc Golf Cart

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Gotta Go Disc Golf Cart

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Zuca Backpack cart

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Dynamic Disc Backpack cart

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The voting seems to favor a delta cart. However, I have only once in two years seen anyone with a delta and a large number of people with the zuca. I am still unsure. :wall:

Any other comments.....
:popcorn:

The voting seems to favor a delta cart. However, I have only once in two years seen anyone with a delta and a large number of people with the zuca. I am still unsure. :wall:

Any other comments.....
I say get a DD backpack cart and do this mod
890e16df212f53257ab21d3dea8486a8.jpg

From Dixon jowers in the bag
https://youtu.be/bsn3jP8pSfA

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You see more Zuca Carts because they are much less expensive. I am the only one in my area with a delta. Lots of zucas. I have nothing against the zucas but i feel they are not as solidly built. This is after much discussion from friends with zucas.

I've owned 2 Zuca ATs and currently have a Delta 11. Between those two, I think the Zuca AT is the better value; however, I prefer the Delta. The AT is more versatile, more disc space, cheaper, solid build (despite some axle issues early on, which is where I think the shaky durability/build reputation came from), warranty and service second to none, and all the cart anyone really needs. That said, I like my Delta because I prefer a top load and find the seat for comfortable, and was willing to spend the extra money.

The wild card is the Zuca backpack cart. I think that might be the best value overall once the extra large carts come out. Even more versatile than the AT, and the seat will be as wide as the Delta (which is what I like), even if slightly shallower.

I use the zuca back pack cart. I keep entering the raffles at local events to win the zuca full size. Just couldn't justify the price of a delta to myself and the wife. But I do love my zuca backpack cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Delta and loved the construction of it. I sold it after a year, which my wife was not happy about because it was birthday present, and went with the Zuca because of the soft storage. I want to carry my photography equipment, and that was not possible with the Delta unless I attached something awkward on the pole. With the Zuca, I lost two locking nuts within the first two rounds, the first one after Hole 4 and a semi-difficult to navigate course. Also, I am going to need to spend money on fenders to keep my saddle bags clean.

Although I did not need to, I went the CPVC interior rack modification as well as CPVC water holders that can hold the big bottles. When all said and it done, the Zuca will cost me more than the Delta. And yet, I am happy with my decision.

I'm gonna throw my two cents in. I think anyone that got the original Ridge Roller carts from Joe , even when they became Zuca and up until the last minute he was actually setting them up and shipping them himself and handed most everything off to Zuca, got a excellent quality product that most had 0 problems with except a few people had handle issues, I did not. had my cart for almost 2 years now and love it.

At the time I thought it was ironic that some Delta fans always made a point that the Delta was better because they did not need to make any " modifications " to their carts right out of the box, which you really didn't have to with the RR/Zuca either, there were just some cool options like the putter pouch, acc. bag. etc. Shortly after I saw just as many "modifications" to Delta carts as I did the Zucas :)

A lot of people had issues with the Zuca handle and the lugs and the rack once Zuca took over, and I think from what I've read Zuca at least addressed these and seems to do a good job with the warranty issues. I can't blame the Delta fans for pointing that out because it's true and the Delta does not have near as many mechanical issues. Having said that, I'm still glad I got mine direct from Joe. Most of the issues with the Zuca are easily fixable as well.

The Delta is a great cart and the quality is outstanding on them for sure. You can do most of the same mods I've seen on both carts on almost any cart if you McGruber it enough ;)

My main reasons for the RR/Zuca were storage and the seat height. I'm 6,6" and the seat was a big selling point for me with any cart and the Zuca just fit me better. Also you gotta remember, when they first came out the Delta cart was $200 more than the Ridge roller, and when they saw he was starting to move units they lowered it by a hundred but it was still the more expensive cart. I get that you can add in cost like for fenders and whatnot, but you could actually do some good mods for really cheap if you are handy and creative enough :)

I do feel bad for anyone that has had a bad experience with either cart, not fun to spend that much on for what for most of us was probably our first "real" DG designed cart only to have things break. My first flat was not fun :(

Here's a pic of my baby before I painted the fenders. The only thing prying this out of my hands is the new Ridge Roller cart and bag combo, pre-ordered and coming soon baby :)
8Os021T.jpg

Any other comments.....

All I know is that everyone I know that has a Zuca complains about something with it.

All I know is that everyone I know that has a Zuca complains about something with it.

So true...

...however, the reason I sold my Delta for the Zuca are still valid enough where I do not regret getting the Zuca despite the issues I have had. The Delta is a great cart, but did not meet the needs I had for a cart.

I recently bought a Delta 11 and so far so good.

I explored the Zuca first due to cost and availability (local shop carries them in stock) but there were several things that turned me off:

- seat height. At 5'9", I needed a step stool to sit on it.
- disc storage - A lot of wasted space for a 20 disc player
- Cooler for drinks
- Luggage style with soft sides
- Bulky to get in and out of car

Delta although more expensive hit these options much better:
- lower seat (Which feels just right - 6'5" and up might disagree)
- holds 20 discs.
- 6 can or 3 bottle cooler
- hard sides with cloth inserts
- compact and easy to get in and out of car

There are things I don't like about the Delta
- A Water bottle mount should be available on the cart body. This is a design error of both carts.
- The disc storage seems a few mm too narrow.
- There are rivets that might tear the storage bag / cooler.
- Cooler and Storage Bag zippers will be the first thing to fail.

Of course, these are just my observations. Very happy with my Delta purchase.

When is the extra wide Zuca backpack cart expected out? I have a Grip A (don't know which gen.) and tried a DD backpack cart and it seemed to fit if Insquished it in. How much wider is the XL supposed to be?

I have been reading as much as I can about the different carts available. I was stuck between the Zuca and Delta cart but I ended up going with a Zuca cart with the saddle bags and a putter pouch. I'll always have my Sniper bag for walking but I'm 43 years old now and a lot of my old injuries from racing bicycles have come back to haunt me. I had a full knee replacement about 4-5 years ago and I like the idea of a higher seat. Getting up and down from a squatted position can be annoying at times. A higher seat, soft sided storage and the price being a little cheaper than Delta was what did it for me. Storage and price point were not the biggest factor in this decision for me. I kept coming back to the higher seat position because of my knee. I just ordered mine the other day so once I get a few miles on it I will have to post a review.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more "Other" options selected. Florida seems to have a lot of people with Clicgear carts. Just about any bag will attach to it. The umbrella holder is always upright since you don't have to tilt your cart. Has seat and cooler options available. They are so easy to push and fold down very small. For me it's the way to go.

Clicgear

I'm surprised there hasn't been more "Other" options selected. Florida seems to have a lot of people with Clicgear carts. Just about any bag will attach to it. The umbrella holder is always upright since you don't have to tilt your cart. Has seat and cooler options available. They are so easy to push and fold down very small. For me it's the way to go.

Could you send a picture of how your bag fits on this clicgear cart, i did research on them. However id like to see how bags for in these carts before i make a finally decision on purchaseing one.

Latest posts