• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 150 Champion Valkyrie

150 too light for me. i am very inconsistent with discs that light. for me in the 160s helps if i want an accurate light disc. oh and if there is a good wind it will raise the level of inconsistency.

i have one
It is good if you don't power up. It will turn right and not come back under full power. If you can hyzer flip it, you could get it to go straighter

It is also solid for 'get outta jail' shots where you can't take a full rip because you're in heavy brush or other hazard.

If you want a lighter rig that still does what your 170 did I agree w robbrews....except it is really hard to find champ valks below 165...except for 150s

if you switch to star plastic you can find any weight you want

Last edited:
I had one a little while back that was one of my go-to drivers, as long as it wasn't too windy. It's just so easy to have a nice smooth throw with one, since you know don't have to get a lot of power on it to throw it on the line you want. Obviously, it also makes a super-easy anyhyzer disc. I would definitely try one out if you have any interest in it.

oh yeah, what he said ^

Wind is super bad juju for buck fitty valks

I have one I grabbed in a starter set of champion discs at Dick's. I worked there and the pack kept staring at me one day so I picked it up. It's a neat flippy disc. I can't drive with it now and I've gotten away from Valks, but it's a great beginner disc for learning lines and different shots.

I have two valks in my bag. A 150 JK Valk which is my turnover driver and my tailwind driver. This thing will fly forever in a tailwind.

Then I also have a 158 JK Valk. It is surprisingly stable enough that even if it flips it will always come back. The 150 doesn't come back if flipped all the way over. I use the 158 Valk for Max D drives.

If you have never thrown a 150 Valk it is definately worth picking up. Monster Hyzer flips! Also as someone else mentioned, great for standstill drives or getting out of trouble.

I've never tried a 150, but I have a 160g champ that is really flippy. I can't imagine how a 150 would fly. the 160 is great for anni's that need to turn the whole way or hyzer flips at about 75% power. If you put too much on it it is very flippy.

Photo30.jpg

Latest posts